pocket vapes ?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by sweet gia, Jan 22, 2008.

1. sweet gia

sweet gia New Member

anyone try one?

have seen 'em online only, the ubie & vapolutions pocket vape. i prefer the looks of the more artsy vapolutions. but i wonder how well they work.

2. 5drive

5drive Slacker

They're the most basic of vaporizers. They work but results are inconsistent and it takes practice. The VaporGenie is a step up since it uses a ceramic filter to distribute the heat, but it too can burn your weed if you're not careful, and it's more $-about $50. Any of these butane powered vapes work better with a torch lighter, since the flame is steady and easier to control.

2 people like this.
  3. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I happen to have a couple Ubie's. They aren't that great, and you can easily burn your herb. You have to keep the flame at just the right distance away from the glass to achieve true vaporization. That just isn't always possible.

2 people like this.
  4. sweet gia

sweet gia New Member

thank you 5drive & vicki!

i kinda figured the ubies would be interesting...

cant believe i had a sales gal show me a vaporgenie & i passed on it cause by glancin at it i couldnt figure out how it worked. i shoulda asked...

now that i read up on it (thanks to 5drive for givin me its name) i am definately leanin that way. just sux the shop to get one is about a 4 hour ride away... wonder when will trek back that way. :D

vape on
    gia

2 people like this.
  5. Planet Smasher

Planet Smasher New Member

I have a vaporgenie and it's respectable. Just like an above poster said though, USE a torch lighter. It works much better.

2 people like this.
  6. sweet gia

sweet gia New Member

stoner moment

thank you planet smasher for the reminder on usin a torch lighter! i'd thought it was great advice!

vape on
    gia

7. Chawkens

Chawkens New Member

lol crazy coincidence cause i had never seen one before and just the other day i was in my local head shop and my friends and I started talking to the guy behind the counter. Showed us one and how it works and said pretty much all thats been said so far... use a butane lighter, it takes practice and once you get it down it really is pretty good

but they were like $60 - $80 ... and i didnt want to spend any money.

8. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Your local head shop wanted 60-80 dollars for an Ubie?!?! You must be mistaken because Ubie's are only 10 dollars. That would be the rip off of the century. :eek:

9. 5drive

5drive Slacker

I'm sure he means the vaporgenie.

60-80 is high for that one too. $45 and free shipping at vapedaddy.com.

10. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I sure hope so. :)

Head shops are really over priced. I only go to my local head shop to buy glass pieces, usually around 4/20.

11. sweet gia

sweet gia New Member

rehashin the moment the salesgal held up the vaporgenie w/ my other half was reminded i DID ask... she didnt really understand herself cause all shed said was it worked w/ coal... we both figured ya had to 1st heat the bowl then screw it down... far from reality. lol!

any who... was wonderin, yall are pretty comfy havin paraphernalia sent to your house? guess i'm use to goin to a store. what ya see is what ya get. but yes the prices annoy beyond all reason...