Police K9 units:

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by I need LUNCH, Dec 10, 2008.

1. I need LUNCH

I need LUNCH New Member

Over the past few months, Iv been hearing a few things about avoiding trouble with sniffing dogs while you have contraband on you. Today, a kid in my class said "yo heres what you do: get a ball of meat, and put your illegal material in it." He is convinced this will work. has anyone else heard anything on this method? doesnt sound too logial. What are some of your methods of dodging a K9 bust?

2. jikaboom123

jikaboom123 Sr. Member

That wouldn't work at all.

Don't have anything on me. :)

3. SpitzB

SpitzB New Member

Personally, if I was part of any K9 unit letting a dog sniff kids, I'd be wondering why the heck somebody is carrying around a ball of meat around. (Of course, if it's unsealed.)

3 people like this.
  4. Dudeimanoldfart

Dudeimanoldfart New Member

Ha, it doesn't sound like a good plan, i don't know. The dogs gonna go for the meat anyway because it's meat. So that draws attention it to. Although I guess you could have in with some other food products to make it less noticeable. I've heard peanut putter covers up the smell, has anyone heard of that?

5. Darkflan

Darkflan Sr. Member

I heard double vacuum sealing works. But in order for that to work you yourself would not be able to handle the marijuana, you'd probably have to wipe everything with alcohol, which I doubt would work.

6. hippie557

hippie557 New Member

Actually there is some truth to what the kid told you about the ball of meat. There was a similar question asked on MANswers and there was an ex-narcotic cop that said you have a chance to get off if you stuff it in meat with a lot of spices and the cop just thinks the dog is hungry and trying to get something to eat. It's not every cop that will brush the dog off as just hungry but this was his explination.

7. Dudeimanoldfart

Dudeimanoldfart New Member

Darkflan, ha nice signature, mc chris is the shit!

2 people like this.
  8. Wicked

Wicked Sr. Member

Yeah, because a dog isn't going to bark at a ball of meat in your pocket...

...And the cops aren't going to suspect anything of a 1/2 lb of ground chuck in your pocket.

The ONLY way I see this working is if you're going grocery shopping at the same time you're picking your green up, and opening the store package of meat and resealing it with the green inside of it.

9. allenlovesgreen

allenlovesgreen Subscriber

I heard about that in some show but i couldn't find it.
    I found this though.
    Hide your stash
    NEVER EVER....

4 people like this.
  10. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy New Member

Dogs can smell through like 8 distinct smells on a person or something, so id go for like a multi type cheese wheel with chron in the centre. If your in a school I don't think they can technically just go through your shneet unless its in a locker which is owned by the school.

11. SweetBudz

SweetBudz New Member

yeah cuz stoners randomly carry meat in their car when they are blazing/moving :rolleyes:

12. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Dogs smell in layers, and would smell both the meat and the contraband. You really think a cop isn't going to be slightly curious why you have a wad of meat in your pocket? I swear, some of the things I read on here.... :rolleyes:

4 people like this.
  13. marcusJay

marcusJay New Member

You're not going to beat a well trained K-9 unit. The cops know this and thats why they use dogs.

14. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

I think that there is one K-9 unit that you will fool with this every time. The one that is about to get off duty and doesn't want to mess with paperwork for a little pot bust...

Other than that I don't think that a K-9 unit is going to be that easily fooled. If the dog sniffs the groceries and alerts the cop can search it, even if the dog really just wanted those Beggin Strips[​IMG], so all he has to do is take a few things out of the bag, see that the meat has been opened and look under it to see your bag of pot...

15. blondie0420

blondie0420 Locks of Gold

I don't see why the cop handling the dog wouldn't grab the ball of meat and look in it? If you've stuffed your weed inside, the package is already open anyway. I've seen videos online of cops tearing people's seats apart, I don't see why they'd stop and go, "Oh, well looks like Fido found another meat wad again! Shit, and I really thought we got one this time. Let's go get some burgers."

In much the same way that a seeing eye dog is trained not to drag his owner as he runs ferociously after a frisbee, drug sniffing dogs are trained not to mistake food for drugs. If they were, every stoner and drug runner would keep meat and dog biscuits in their cars at all times and drug sniffing dogs would be nowhere near as effective as they are now.

3 people like this.
  16. allenlovesgreen

allenlovesgreen Subscriber

After searching and searching I found it.

How Have People Hidden Weed from Drug Dogs?

Whatever it takes to help MJ.com members :D

Edit: Your friend probably heard it on this show.

17. king cola

king cola Sr. Member

I saw that episode of Manswers when Barry Cooper did say it might work if you hid the bag of pot in a package of raw hamburg stuffed inside the raw meat and had it in a grocery bag with other stuff and you got pulled over. I'm sure there are cops out there that probably watch Manswers so the ones that did catch the show will be a little more supicious when their dog goes for the raw meat. It might trick some cops to pull their dog away from the food but it doesn't mean there won't be cops that won't check it out. All any cop needs to do to is to check to see if the package of raw hamburg had been opened if their dog alerts to it. Sometimes people don't like it when someone else touches their food but with raw hamburg it's going to get cooked anyways and heat helps kill any germs. Cops could always put on a pair of gloves and examine the hamburg meat to see that there is nothing stuffed in it if their dog alerts them to it. It might trick cops but they could still examine the package and the raw meat if they want to.

18. Jobes

Jobes New Member

where do you go on a regular basis where you need to be worried about dogs? they don't just bring them around in public sniffing people. And if your worried about school, don't bring shit to school. its dumb anyway.

The k-9 unit only comes to my school 3 times a year and they only target certain cars in the parking lot to search(mine!). Dog was alerted once it smelled my car but they couldnt find anything so they just sent me back to class.easy. dont even bother bringing bowls with you to school either.every dumbass that ever brings stuff to school on a regular basis is bound to get caught somehow and the consequences especially in school really make it not worth it at all.

p.s. i saw mc chris last month at one of my local venues and it was badass as shit. too bad he's going to stop touring and writing as much so he can work on his show. :(

4 people like this.
  19. jikaboom123

jikaboom123 Sr. Member

Random... :confused:

20. Jobes

Jobes New Member

First page bozo.

[Admin Note: Reread the posting guidelines. We don't call folks names here.]