Possible risk for blood clots... HELP?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by RoxieSaysHigh, Mar 12, 2012.

1. RoxieSaysHigh

RoxieSaysHigh New Member

Situation: I had to get tested for a genetic disease (Factor V) and came up positive on not just that, but two other blood clotting diseases. One of them might be a false positive because bloodwork for that specific disease is not very effective. I was told that I would most likely have to take blood thinners for the rest of my life.

Problem: I want to continue smoking marijuana, but it seems to be a blood clotter. Any advice?
    Another Question: If I had to take the blood thinner, would smoking put me more at risk?

Obviously, I'm not planning on stopping, but I just want to make sure I'm not signing a certificate of death.
  2. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

Seems to me you ought to be asking a doctor these questions. I wouldn't put my life in the hands of complete strangers who, while they mean well, likely don't have any place answering a question of this nature.

From what I've read, there is an association between marijuana and increased coagulation, but there are also studies suggesting that it has anti-coagulant properties. So it seems that there is no consensus on the matter. That being the case, I'd seek the advice of a medical professional.

Good luck!
  3. stoneygreenbud

stoneygreenbud Super Moderator

In addition to what vvicked said, I would include asking your doctor about using a vape, or edibles instead of in smoked form. ~Stoney~
  4. RoxieSaysHigh

RoxieSaysHigh New Member

Thank you I was concerned and I would have asked the person that was helping me out with the matter except for the fact that it was my mom so that would have created a worse situation and of course her answer would have been biased. Hopefully when I go to my actual physician I'll be able to ask those questions. I'm just worried about combining it with blood thinners.