Post-concussion & smoking

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by High Mom, Dec 16, 2004.

1. High Mom

High Mom New Member

I fell in our hot-tub last weekend, sustaining a concussion. I don't know if I passed out and don't remember hitting my head, but remember starting to slip & fall, thinking I would drown. (I was outside alone. Dumb, I know.) I remember trying to get my legs out of the tub and couldn't so I threw things at the patio door until my Hubby came out. From then on for about 24 hours, my memory is reeeeal funky. Hubby said that to say I was acting bizarre was an understatement and wound up calling 911, sending me to the hospital in an ambulance. The irony is that I wasn't high.

Now for my question. I've done a Search and have been unable to come up with any info on Marijuana.com about concussion & cannibas use afterward. I waited until a lot of the "fuzz" cleared from my head before resuming use, but am a little hesitant, because I haven't regained all of my memory. Any experience/knowledge on this subject?

NOTE: Don't try this at home, Kids. It hurts like Hell & will ruin your week.
  2. jewishjake420

jewishjake420 New Member

hmmm....well, i have a few buddies that play hockey. And a few of them have had concussions and we smoked the night after each of their concussions and nothing has happened so in my experience you should be fine.
  3. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

I was pistol-whipped and had a concussion, I smoked a joint right after I got the stitches in.
  4. High Mom

High Mom New Member

Thanks-not something I wanted to ask my GP doc.

Jeezus! I hope they got the Bad Guy(?).

Thanks y'all.
  5. ak-47

ak-47 New Member

my friend got a concussion and for like a moth after wards it gave her a headach, that not really serious but it does ruin a high
  6. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

If by "they" you mean the cops, then no :) No problem, and stay away from those hot tubs!
  7. Tokin_Ted

Tokin_Ted New Member

Hey I have a similar thing going actually. I totaled my car a month or so ago and have had a bad concussion. Memory was shit and everything but was coming back slowly. Since I started smoking weed (it may not be related at all) my symptoms have gone down dramatically. Less headaches and my memory has actually improved!

The wonders of weed :cool: . Why the fuck isnt this stuff legal! :confused:
  8. scofieldr3199

scofieldr3199 Sr. Member

i say it will make it better :) go for it you deserve a smoke