Pot-- heart problem

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by CognacMan, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CognacMan

CognacMan New Member

Hi,

I have recently got back into smoking weed. The last time I did before was a year ago, when I ate a special cookie that was waaaay too strong for a rookie (equivalent to 3.5 fair sized joints). My heartrate increased a lot and it felt like it was going 180 BPM. I had to go to the hospital. Then, last night, I smoked a bowl and the same thing happened, although I was able to completely "talk" myself down, and everything was fine. Is the feeling of a super-increased heartrate normal in new users? BTW, I had open-heart surgery when I was 5 months old, but I have played sports all my life and I am in healthy condition

2. GanjaGirl420

GanjaGirl420 Banned

I notice that If I'm a little bit paranoid, or uncomfortable where I'm toking, my heart begins to race. =P A couple of days ago I had a panic attack. I think smoking anything increases the rate of your heart pumping because it has to get more oxygen to your muscles and what not. I dunno if Marijuana has a stronger effect than cigs/ect, but I definatly have noticed a strong heart rate when I'm stoned. -nod-
    Perhaps taking smaller hoots, throughout a longer period of time would decrease your heartrate. -random educated guess- lol

3. Higher Logic

Higher Logic Web Developar

Check out this 18+ page thread on panic attacks. And then read this sticky on panic attacks. Then read this thread on heart issues. And here's a quote from the sticky:
    And with that...

:lock:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.