Potent Marijuana Tea

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by smittyjcksn, Dec 20, 2008.

1. smittyjcksn

smittyjcksn New Member

Years ago I stumbled upon a very good recipe for marijuana tea. I've tried many other recipes available online however none of them worked as good as this one.

Ingredients
    3/4 Cup Water
    3/4 Cup Whole Milk (Strongly recommended in comparison to 1% or 2%)
    One TBSP Butter (Not Margarine)
    0.5-1 Gram marijuana bud.

Start by taking any old tea bags, removing the contents and replacing with finely ground marijuana. I always use four tea bags with about 0.2 in each. Using tea bags prevents the need of straining your tea later.

Turn your element on high and drop in 1 TBSP butter , margarine will not be sufficient because it does not have a high enough fat content. Mix this around the bottom of the pot until it becomes a liquid.

Add 3/4 of a cup water and all your tea bags with powdered marijuana into the pot.

Turn the element down to a simmer and let it simmer for 45-60 minutes. (Strongly recommend covering with lid to prevent evaporation , after an hour quite a bit of water can be evaporated).

Once you return you will notice the water will have a distinctively green tint, remove the tea bags you have placed in and add 3/4 of a cup Whole Milk.

Turn the element on to full and boil the pots contents for 10 minutes (Again, preferably covered with lid)

Turn the temperature back down to a simmer and let it cool down for about 5 minutes).

If you follow these instructions 0.5 will get you high for around 5-6 hours.
    Be careful though, this does make you very tired!!

This can be kept in the fridge as long as the milk doesn't spoil!

Get High;)

4 people like this.
  2. Tablecup420

Tablecup420 New Member

Dude, excellent recipe, and also, it's verrry similar to the way I make it.

I dunno about anyone else, but I tend to drink MJ tea more when I'm sick with a cold and have a sore throat.

I think I'm gonna fix myself a batch of MJ tea right now!!

Peace :mj2:

3. SoThrowd

SoThrowd Sr. Member

This is what I am doing today :)

4. Danky 420

Danky 420 New Member

how long does the high take
    to kick in

5. SoThrowd

SoThrowd Sr. Member

I tried it and it tasted horrible. The fumes that it gave off while cooking got me pretty buzzed. I could tolerate it if it was cold, but I had to down it quick and chase it down with some grapejuice. I just wanted to hurl it tasted so bad, but I couldn't because I want to get high. Im sure that this will get me baked off my ass.

6. SoThrowd

SoThrowd Sr. Member

hour or two

7. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Why not just make Bhang?
    Look up a good Masala Chai recipe on the web and replace some of the Black Tea with Pot.
    It's a lot tastier than drinking Margarine. :p

8. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

I've tried the butter method a couple times, but the nature of butter and water seems to make it less effective. Try using cream and a small amount of everclear or some kind of high proof liquor like that to make a creme liquer. This will keep the oil and fat in the butter from floating on top of the tea and will mix into the water, making the potent stuff more spread through the mixture.

9. Up In Smoke

Up In Smoke Guest

I was thinking about the extraction of THC and alcohol.

I have very little information, but thought this may be plausible.

Steep your marijuana in Alcohol.

Then burn off the alcohol over heat.

Will the THC be evaporated after evaporating the alcohol?

If not, this could be a base to a Tea drink..

10. CRIMSONxSOLDIER

CRIMSONxSOLDIER All Aboard the Canni-bus!

Would sugar be okay to add? I assume it would but im not 100% sure.

11. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Sounds like an interesting idea. :)
    Full fat milk, maybe with the addition of a small amount of Ghee, will work almost as well for extraction.
    Bhang is just so freaking delicious. Spicy. Sweet. Fantastic mellow buzz. :)

12. SoThrowd

SoThrowd Sr. Member

You would think so, but you are wrong. I added some sugar thinking it would help with the taste but I still just wanted to hurl.

13. Jobes

Jobes New Member

i wish i could stay high for 5-6 hours. :(

Im going to try this though.

14. smittyjcksn

smittyjcksn New Member

Anything added for flavoring wont affect the potency of the tea.
    Use regular tea, sugar or anything at your discretion.

15. ripmypipe

ripmypipe New Member

hmmm

do you think taking an adarral would negate the tiredness effects?

16. Bweiss5421

Bweiss5421 New Member

Does anyone know if this worked?