Preparing for pre-emp U/A..

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Nikila, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Nikila

Nikila New Member

Hello from beautiful BC.. where marijuana is a way of life!

Wow, okay, where do I even start?

I am a 29 year old female and just finished my trade entry program at university today. I want to go into the union on Monday to apply but am worried about testing positive for marijuana. I can't wait it out because I've been living rent-free at home while going to school and need to get working ASAP.

A little background: I have been a chronic smoker for the past 16 years. Both of my parents are alcoholics, weed is my vice! I gave up smoking for 10 months last year while getting some things in order in my life. I started puffing occasionally again starting in Oct 2012, mostly weekends (heavily.. I'm known to smoke upwards of 4 g/day). I knew that my program would be ending today so I quit smoking around Feb 24th. I made two weeks clean and then ended up having a 'first date' give me over an ounce as a gift! :eek: How can you say no when you have that much awesomeness drop into your lap?! I knew as long as it was in my possession, I would keep smoking it. So I tried my best to give most of it away, but continued smoking for about a week (a few joints a day). My friends were sure happy with the handfuls I would leave behind on my visits!

My last few days of use are as follows:
    Mar. 11 - Smoked my last four roaches in a potato pipe.
    Mar. 12 - Pinner shared between 3 people in afternoon and one decent sized doob between 2 people in the evening.
    Mar. 15 (last Friday) - I had three small puffs at a party.. DOH!

I am 5'6'' and 195 lbs (muscular w/large frame but most definitely carrying some belly fat.. approx 40 lbs overweight). I used to work out regularily but let my pass lapse in January. After reading these forums for a few days, I renewed my pass on Tuesday and have had two solid cardio workouts this week. I also changed to a vegan diet 5 weeks ago.

I ordered 5 tests online (Fastect II dipstick 50ng/ml) and they arrived in the mail today. I'm drinking a bunch of water and will take my first test in the next couple hours. I'm sure it will come up positive but I have to start somewhere, right?

I'm going to be working up in the oil sands and everyone who goes there is tested (safety-sensitive position). I'm sure the union will test me before sending me onto a company but I'm not sure how soon after I put my application in that it will happen. I'm thinking I should probably use a dilution method on Monday, when I go in to apply, in case they want me to test right way.

I have reduced kidney function and chronic UTIs.. my urine is NEVER clear. I'm nervous about how hard it will be for me to dilute enough to pass. Another thing I have read about a possible company is that they test you at 50ng/ml and then regardless of pass/fail send it away to be confirmed at 15ng/ml! I'm wondering if I can get any test strips here in Canada that would test that low?

Just in general freaking out and looking for support and advice.. Thank you!
  2. Nikila

Nikila New Member

It's too bad there isn't more traffic here.. It's been a week and no replies! :(
  3. bogo

bogo New Member

u might want to sub and not use dilution.. as a woman u can hide the quick fit bottle very easily
  4. Nikila

Nikila New Member

Substitution just doesn't seem like it would be a very good option for me. I don't know when or where or how much notice I will have before my test. I would like to pass on my own if possible.

However, I just tested positive again at day 18. I think I'll have at least another week as the union rep is submitting my application tomorrow and there are a few people ahead of me. I'm out of town until mid-weekend and only have 1 test with me, two more at home. I'm going to wait it out until the Saturday and take another one. If I still test positive, I'm going to practice the dilution method with one of the tests I have left at home.

*fingers crossed*
  5. bogo

bogo New Member

well gl to u and wish u the best :)