Preserving weed

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Boysfromoklahoma, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Boysfromoklahoma

Boysfromoklahoma New Member

what is the longest weed can last and still be good to smoke and get a good high off of...and whats the best way to preserve it for as long as possible
  2. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

In a controled eviroment..Like Fullly dry and in a mason jar, in the dark somewhere..OR is the freezerI have heard works pretty well..

Why would you need to preserve weed?
    2 people like this.
  3. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

keep your weed in glass. Weed can retain its potency for years. As i've stated in previous threads I once smoked weed that was stored for over 7 years. It was just as potent as anything else I could buy today.

Despite the fact that I did not store the weed myself, the fact that it was still very potent suggests to me that if there was a noticeable drop in the potency of stored marijuana, this weed would have had to started out as crack, and then slowly degraded into good weed.
    4 people like this.
  4. Cap'nBakes

Cap'nBakes New Member

i store mine in a moson jar, and i put it in a cool place. i also put electical tape around it to keep it dark. i have never been disappointed with the potency or taste etc compared to a perscription bottle i used, whiched sucked.
  5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I've found that the long-term storage scheme I've worked out is very effective out to a couple of years. I've never kept anything longer than that. I keep my weed in pint Mason jars. I use a gadget called a Pump'N'Seal to pump out all of the air. Then I keep the jar in the refrigerator. I find that freezing and thawing break down the physical structure of the weed.

I would bet that if you flash-froze the weed and kept it in liquid nitrogen it would last forever.
  6. Phenom

Phenom Banned

It'd just shatter if you touched it... :p
  7. Drizzle420

Drizzle420 New Member

You probably wouldn't wanna preserve it long though its not wine so it doesn't really get better with age.
  8. Boysfromoklahoma

Boysfromoklahoma New Member

thanks guys. im just trying preserve for like 3-4 months. fucking drug test
  9. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

thats how I grind my weed, I freeze it with liquid nitrogen, cover it with a handkerchief and then smash it with a hammer.
  10. stoneygreenbud

stoneygreenbud Super Moderator

I'm with most of you, I have the mason jars with the wrap around metal hinge and rubber seal, but I like buzzbys lil extra thing that actually sucks the air out of the jar, I have 1 pint sized one and a slightly larger one.

On a side note: although most of you already know this, I am including this, for those members that didn't know,...... never use (plastic) bottles,baggies,ect... plastic is not cannabis friendly, if you've ever noticed, when using a baggie, after awhile you'll start to notice that the baggie is getting a little sticky, and pretty soon it gets so coated from the thc crystals that you cant even see through the baggie anymore. glass is much more gentle on your buds.

~Stoney~
    2 people like this.
  11. Waldy

Waldy Sr. Member

just keep a mason jar in a dark place, it'll be fine.