Probation drug testing

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by KITTY EATON, Mar 17, 2005.

1. KITTY EATON

KITTY EATON New Member

I took a drug test at my probation office and they told me they send the samples to the lab to be tested. I drank a Qcarbo drink and followed the directions. After I took the probation drug test, I went to Concentra and took a private drug test from them. Concenta's results came back negative. I'm concerned about my missouri probation test because the urine was a funny yellow. The test was 7 days ago and I haven't heard anything yet. I was wondering if it would take longer than 7 days if they tested the urine further. I'm not even sure what kinds of testing Missouri probation offices use. Does anyone have any ideas about the time and what testing they will use?

2. Wizard1

Wizard1 New Member

Usually, it is the same as employment... A dipstick test..usually at 50 ng. Positive is confirmed with the dreaded GC test.
    You will not be informed of the results until you check in at your next visit.
    If you did that independent test immediately after the PO's test and came up negative...chances are you passed the one at probation.
    Good luck to you. Hope you stop by, and let us know that you passed.
    Wizard

3. KITTY EATON

KITTY EATON New Member

probation drug test - Wizard

Wizard, when probation sends the urine samples to the lab, does the lab use a machine or a dipstick?

4. Wizard1

Wizard1 New Member

From my experience......which is more than I'm proud of.......they will use the emmit or "dipstick" first. The GC is very expensive. If the first test is positive, it will then be tested with the GC. If you need any more info, please PM me and I will fill you in on any other questions you may have...that I can answer... keep in mind... every situation is different when dealing with probation. Original charge that you took a plea or were convicted of...etc.
    There are alot of variables. But I do know more than the average person about the legal ramifications thereof. I know you are a bit stressed right now... This is natural. But stay as calm as you can right now. You WILL get through this. And you need to think clearly and not freak out.
    OK??
    If the initial test is negative...it will almost definetly not be sent for the GC test. Most likely, it will not be mentioned again, and, I would suggest not asking about the results.
    Again...feel free to PM me with any other questions you have that I can answer.
    Peace
    Wizard

5. KITTY EATON

KITTY EATON New Member

probation drug test - Wizard

Thanks again Wizard. Whenever I find out anything I'll let you know.