Probation officers starting to do blood/saliva tests?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by BladeM86, Dec 24, 2004.

1. BladeM86

BladeM86 New Member

Basically my situation is that im on probation for about 4 and 1/2 more years. I was at my probation office and i read something on the wall about them starting to do blood/saliva tests starting january 2005. I dont know if this includes me (i got caught with 1 lb. of weed) because piss or hair tests would show more... and i have been piss tested about 2 times now. Just wondering if anyone had any info on this.
    P.S. if you need a good way to pass a piss test just ask.. dont feel like typing it all now.... its called certo
    thanks

2. mlwilki

mlwilki New Member

dont learn the hard way!!!

My terms of probation require me to “submit to urinalysis testing”. I don’t know if they can change that or what your agreement is but if you want them to be nice if you do fail a test I wouldn’t make waves over it. My probation has been tuff and unfair but they never tried revoking it after a positive for marijuana result if I told them I had smoked before the test. Treat them with respect and don’t lie to them and they will (after scaring the **** out of you) give you a second chance. They will always believe the test over you! If you try the bluff “I did not smoke any pot” hopping they wont test you or you will pass tell the truth when it reads positive. If you don’t they will put in a motion for revocation for sure. In 8 years of drug probation I have seen and tried everything. I have even cussed my probation officer out. She let me speak my piece because she could tell I was having a bad week. They know everyone has good days and bad days. But I always treated her with respect and she in return did the same for me

3. Inhousecounsel

Inhousecounsel New Member

You're probation agreement probably requires you to submit to any test administered, but, generally speaking, a saliva test is much less reliable than a blood or urine test and can only detect use for a specific drug and only for a few days. Bloods tests, on the other hand, are bad news. Either way, best to put down the pipe, my man.

4. Niteshift

Niteshift L.E.O. in Good Standing

I don’t know if they can change that or what your agreement is

If the change is across the board, then generally they can change it with an addendum to either policy, procedure or statute.

It's really more a matter of common sense. For example, if a test came out tomorrow that was more accurate, giving them less false positives and cost 1/3 less, of course they will adopt it. There is no reason to go back and change each individual probation agreement. Instead, they simply adopt it across the board.

5. alteredstate

alteredstate New Member

I personaly did 3 years of Federal probation,, 0 problems . I signed an agreement I stood by my word and met the terms of the agreement. thus no problems. So if you signed the agreement then stand by your word and meet the agreement . it doesent matter whether you agree with the agreement or not. when you sign it you effectivly give your word to abide by said agreement. So if you violate the agreement you compromise yourself and the system.... cant stand the heat? stay out of the kitchen.

6. Niteshift

Niteshift L.E.O. in Good Standing

it doesent matter whether you agree with the agreement or not. when you sign it you effectivly give your word to abide by said agreement.

Very well said.:thumbsup: Please collect your +K at the door.

7. YouLiveAndLearn

YouLiveAndLearn Sr. Member

There is no reason to worry about the type of testing they use if you don't use any illegal substances while on Probation. I know it's a lot easier said than done but I was an everday smoker, got busted, and was put on probation. Been clean for 69 days now with 21 to go.

8. ^_^truth

^_^truth Sr. Member

I had not heard of this yet; however, you may want to look over the probation agreement. It could be that they wrote it to be open to all types of testing, and if so you would have the possiblity of undertaking any of these said tests.

But don't just take my word for it, look up the law and see if you can make sense of it.