Products containing THC???

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by iwannasmokeagain, Apr 23, 2008.

1. iwannasmokeagain

iwannasmokeagain New Member

I was wondering if there are any products out there that contain THC. Just in case my test fails, I have something to blame it on. I once ran into some kind of energy drink that contained thc but i forgot...

2. steakii

steakii New Member

Umm there is no legal substance in the US that contains THC, i dont know what you are talking about with the energy drink.

3. Tenderlungs

Tenderlungs Sr. Member

You accidentally ate a marijuana lollipop that someone told you was a regular one from Halloween 6 years ago.

4. iwannasmokeagain

i don't know if you're being sarcastic but i'm desperate enough to use that line anyways.

5. iwannasmokeagain

6. iwannasmokeagain

look what else i found...

Substances that cause False Positive Drug Test Results
    THC - Substances or Conditions which can cause false positives
    • Dronabinol (Marinol)
    • Ibuprofen; (Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Excedrin IB etc)
    • Ketoprofen (Orudis KT)
    • Kidney infection (Kidney disease, diabetes) Liver Disease
    • Naproxen (Aleve)
    • Promethazine (Phenergan, Promethegan)
    • Riboflavin (B2, Hempseed Oil)
    source:False Positive | False Positive Drug Test & Testing Results

7. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

Just because something causes a "false positive" doesn't mean the item contains THC....if that was the case, there would be no "false" positive, just a positive result. A FALSE POSITIVE is a test the reads positive even though no illegal drugs were consumed. If an item contained THC, then thc was consumed, and the result is merely a positive result, just as if you'd smoked.

8. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

You found a soda made with marijuana for medical patients.
    It's made with marijuana, so common sense ditates that you don't drink one if you're going to be subjected to a drug test.
    Same with space cakes and marijuana-infused candies.

Oh, and this soda is illegal in the United States, per federal law.

Marinol isn't a false positive, since it's an extract made from marijuana as well. I'd think that would be a legitimate positive.

Boy, it's amazing how paranoid that site can make some people.
    Did it ever strike you as odd that they're scaring you about a UA and they also sell a product designed to help you pass that UA?

I'd like to see Sec weight in and let us know which of those can really cause a false positive.

9. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

That's a product for medical marijuana patients. It wouldn't give you a false positive, just a positive.

None of these things produce false positives on contemporary drug tests. The way testing works today is you get a preliminary test and, if the results are non-negative, the sample gets sent on for GC/MS testing. You can't get a false positive on a GC/MS.

The active ingredient in Marinol is not identical to naturally occurring THC. It's a lab-produced variant which I believe is called an "isomer". The difference can be detected with GC/MS testing. Having a prescription for Marinol won't get you off the hook for a failed THC test.