Proof is in the pudding

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by moneyman, Jun 4, 2008.

1. moneyman

moneyman New Member

Hair Follicle Test ** Must Read **

well ladies and gentletokers THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING
    I just recieved confirmation from the testing facility that omega labs had sent my results NEGATIVE ALL 5 PANELS

Im sure that you all know but for those who dont a five panel test is one that tests for the five most abused drugs as chosen by SAMHSA Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Website
    these drugs are amphetamines(MDMA adderall meth) cocaine(coacaine and its metabolites) opiates( codine morphine heroin metabolite) PCP ( speed angel dust) and that all important THC ( marijuana THC metabolites)

REMEMBER TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE TAKING A HAIR TEST WHETHER YOU HAVE 2 WEEKS TO 2 DAYS TO 2 HOURS THERE IS A TON OF INFO ON HOW TO BEAT A HAIR TEST SO WHEN I REALIZED I WOULD TAKE ONE I SPENT 8 HOURS A DAY RESEARCHING EVERYTHING THERE WAS ON THE NET ABOUT IT.

1. DONT BELIEVE ANY WEBSITE OR ANY ONE WHOS SAYS YOU GOT TO BUY A 50 DOLLAR BOTTLE OF TOXIN WASH OR OMNI OR INTERNET SHAMPOO. EVERYTHING THAT I USED I EITHER HAD AT HOME OR WENT TO THEBEAUTY SUPPLY STORE.

2. I AM NOT A INTERNET PERSON OR SOLICITER OR SPOKESPERSON OR ANY BODY TRYING TO MESS WITH YOUR HEADS. IM A REAL PRSON WHO MADE SOME MISTAKES AND FELT I SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR THOSE MISTAKES BY LOSING MY CHILDREN.

3. DONT BELIEVE THE TESTING COMPANIES( OMEGA, PSYCHEMEDICS CRIG MEDICAL) THAT THIS TEST IS IRON CLAD BECAUSE ALL HAVE ADMITTED THAT HEAVILY TREATED(DAMAGED HAIR) CAN " LOWER METABOLITE COUNTS" IT HAS BECOME VERY CLEAR TO ME THAT TREATING THE HAIR( BLEACHING DYING PERMING RELAXING) CAN ALTER THE HAIR AND ITS STRUCTURE BY PENITRATING THE CUTICLE AND GETTING IN SIDE THE CORTEX OF THE HAIR( INSIDE OF THE HAIR WHERE THE METABOLITES ARE LOCATED) AD DAMAGING THE HAIR.

4. KNOW AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ABOUT HAIR ITS STRUCTURE AND HAIR METABOLITES AND HOW THEY ARE DEPOSITED IN THE HAIR
    Exploratorium Magazine: Hair: page 2

PLEASE LOOK AT ALL THE LINKS PROVIDED IN THIS THREAD THEY ARE VITAL TO UR UNDERSTANDING OF THE PROCESS INVOLVED IN HAIR AND HAIR TESTING READ ALL THAT YOU CAN

5.DONT LOSE FAITH- HOPE IS NOT GONE- STAY POSITIVE AND THE RESULTS WILL BE NEGATIVE

HERES MY PAST WHITE 6'2' 180 FAST METABOLISM THIN BLOND HAIR

2000 -2006 SMOKED BUD AND DRO ALL DAY EVERY DAY
    RECENTLY HAVE NOT USED MJ BUT HAVE USED COK AND OPIATES SOMEWAT OFTEN. THC IS MUCH HARDER TO DETECT THAT THESES ARTICLES ARE PROOF Case studies -- Protein Identification
    THINK ABOUT THIS THEY LABS MUST EXTRACT TE MEATBOLITES RIGHT???
    Y IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE DRUG METABOLITES WHILE TE HAIR IS STILL ON YOUR HEAD???

HAIR ANALYSIS METHODS

Several analytical methods are used for detecting and quantitating cocaine and its metabolites in hair, but none has emerged as an accepted standard. Typically, each procedure includes the following steps: specimen collection, sample washing, digestion or extraction of the hair sample, Immunoassay screening, and confirmation or quantitation of the various analytes.
    The greatest differences among the methods are in the sample preparation steps, that is, washing and digesting or extracting the hair sample. The authors used an elaborate method that incorporated "soft" digestion of the hair specimen to prevent any conversion of cocaine to BZE and solid-phase extraction of the digest so that relatively clean mass spectra were obtained for quantitating the low picogram amounts of drug found in their clinical studies (Harkey et al. 1991). The same methods have been used throughout so that results with various subjects studied during the past few years could be compared. Other laboratories have developed more rapid methods in which the samples were extracted with acid or organic solvent (Cone et al. 1991; Pirozhkov et al. 1992).
    Hair Sampling Procedures

The site and technique for collecting the hair specimens are important because considerable differences in trace element and drug concentrations have been reported for hair samples collected from different sites (Chatt and Katz 1988, pp. 14-16). Morphine concentrations have been found to be highest in pubic hair, followed by axillary hair, then scalp hair (Kintz et al. 1993); methadone concentrations have been found to be highest in axillary hair, followed by pubic hair. then scalp hair (Balabanova and Wolf 1989).
    Hair samples analyzed for cocaine are most typically obtained from the scalp. This site may be more susceptible to external contamination, but it also can be sampled less intrusively than the axillary or pubic regions. The posterior vertex region of the scalp is generally chosen as a sampling site because most hair in this area (85 percent) is in the active growing phase and thus more likely to incorporate drug. An adequate sample for testing, approximately 100 mg of hair, can be obtained by gripping a bundle of hair with the circumference of a pencil and then pulling gently to remove any loose strands of hair in the resting stage that are easily shed. The remaining strands are grasped firmly while the hair is cut as close to the scalp as possible. After cutting the hair, it is important to keep the root ends of the bundle aligned so that the hair strands can be cut accurately for subsequent segmental analysis.
    Segmental analysis often is used in hair analysis in an attempt to correlate time of ingestion with location of drug along the hair shaft. In this procedure, the root ends of the hair sample are aligned, and the sample is cut into segments that can be analyzed individually. Typically, the sample is cut into 1-cm segments with each segment corresponding to approximately 1 month's growth, assuming a hair growth rate of 1 cm/month. However, the length of the segments can be varied, and some laboratories have found that cutting the hair specimen into shorter segments (e.g., 2 mm) results in better resolution (Uematsu et al. 1993).
    Washing Procedures

Laboratory workers routinely wash the hair sample before analysis to remove lipids, oils, cosmetics, and any adhering drug. However, the efficacy of washing procedures in removing cocaine deposited on hair from external sources is controversial. Baumgartner and associates report that in most instances washing the hair specimen (5 to 10 mg) with 1 mL methanol for 15 minutes at 37 °C follow by three 30-minute washes with phosphate buffer (pH 6) at 37 °C removed any externally bound drug (Baumgartner 1989; Baumgartner and Hill 1992, pp 577-597). In some cases they found that more extensive washing was required and proposed a "kinetic wash criteria" --in which the amount of drug found in the various washes was compared with the amount of drug in the washed, extracted hair specimen-- to distinguish between passive exposure and active ingestion. Koren and colleagues (1992a) also found that washing removed all drug from a variety of hair samples that had been contaminated from externally applied cocaine. Their assay method, like that of Baumgartner, was RIA.
    Other investigators have found that, despite extensive washing, enough residual cocaine remained on an externally contaminated hair sample to produce a positive test. Blank and Kidwell (1993) exposed control hair to radiolabeled cocaine in solution and found that washing removed most, but not all, the externally applied cocaine. They concluded that they were not able to distinguish passively exposed samples from actively exposed samples using a kinetic wash criterion similar to the one proposed by Baumgartner and colleagues (1982). In addition, they found that washing removed cocaine metabolites as well and suggested that extensive washing with solvents might more aptly be called extraction (Blank and Kidwell 1993). In fact, methanol is the solvent used most often in washing procedures and is the solvent used by many for extracting cocaine from hair (see below). Kidwell (1993) recommended using pentane as a washing solvent because it removes surface oils from hair but does not extract drug from hair.
    The authors also found that extensive washing removed most but not all, of the cocaine deposited on hair either from "crack smoke" or from cocaine in an aqueous solution. For example, control drug-free hair was incubated for 72 hours in an aqueous solution of radiolabeled cocaine (4-3H-cocaine, specific activity of 14.77 mCi/mg) at concentrations of 15 ng/mL and 1 mg/mL. The treated hair was washed extensively with various solutions (distilled water, acetone, chloroform, methanol), and significant amounts of drug remained in the hair even though no drug was detected in the final wash solutions. Figure 2 shows a typical uptake and washout curve for human hair incubated in a cocaine solution and washed exhaustively in distilled water (Henderson et al. 1993). Large amounts of cocaine were incorporated into hair, and repeated washings removed only about 80 percent of the drug. Similarly, when control hair was placed in an enclosed 4-cubic-foot acrylic chamber and exposed to 10 mg cocaine base that was vaporized by heating it to 200 °C, the hair was found to contain cocaine concentrations that were greater than 100 ng/mg before washing. Vigorous washing removed most (as much as 95 percent), but not all, of the externally applied drug. Washing also reduced the amount of BZE and EME in hair samples from chronic cocaine users (Henderson et al. 1992), which suggests that washing may remove internally incorporated drug as well as that present from external contamination.

Digestion and Extraction Techniques

A variety of methods are used for the digestion of hair and extraction of incorporated drug. The most efficient method of destroying the protein matrix is alkaline digestion (incubation in 1 N NaOH for 1 hour at 100 °C); however, this method cannot be used for cocaine analysis because it completely degrades cocaine. For the simultaneous quantitation of cocaine, BZE, and EME in hair, it is preferable to use either enzyme digestion or extraction with acid or solvent.
    Acid Extraction. Extracting hair with mineral acid (hydrochloric acid [HCl] or H2SO4) is an efficient method for extracting cocaine and metabolites from hair, and only a small amount of cocaine is converted to BZE with this technique (Cone et al. 1991). A method used by Valente and colleagues (1981), Balabanova and coworkers (1987), and Balabanova and Homoki (1987) called for pulverizing approximately 50 mg hair, then incubating in 0. 1 M HCI overnight at 45 °C. The acid extract was neutralized with 100 µL 1 M NaOH then diluted with phosphate buffer (pH 7.4) up to 2 mL. Martinez and colleagues (1993) used a similar procedure and incubated whole, unpulverized hair samples with 1 mL 0. 1 M HCI for 18 hours at 37 °C. Cone and colleagues (1991) used H2SO4 (1 mL, 0.05 M) in their extraction procedure and reported a recovery of 90 percent of the cocaine added to control hair with a 10- percent conversion to BZE.
    Solvent Extraction. Methanol appears to be the solvent of choice for extracting cocaine and metabolites from hair. Pirozhkov and colleagues (1992) found that incubating washed hair samples (50 to 100 mg) in 3 mL methanol for only 2 hours at 60 °C yielded a recovery equivalent to acid extraction for 18 hours. Extending incubation period to 4 hours did not appear to increase recovery. The extracts were purified by a differential pH liquid-liquid extraction procedure similar to that for the extraction of cocaine from plasma (Jatlow 1975, pp. 133-137). No recovery data were given; however, a limit of detection for cocaine of 0.2 ng/mg hair was reported.
    Graham and colleagues (1989) described a similar extraction procedure for BZE in which washed hair samples (2 mg) were sonicated with 1 ml methanol of 30 minutes and then incubated overnight at 45 °C.
    Enzyme Digestion. The authors used a soft digestion technique for hair samples similar to that reported by Gill and coworkers (1985) but modified it to improve the recovery of cocaine and reduce chemical background in the GC/MS analysis (Harkey et al. 1991). Approximately 10 mg hair was placed in a screw- capped silanized glass centrifuge tube (10 mm wide x 100 mm deep) with 2.6 mL digest buffer (1 mL 1 M Tris HCI buffer, 20 mL 10 percent sodium dodecyl sulfate, and 79 mL deionized water) and with 0.4 mL 0 4 M dithiothreitol in 10 mM sodium acetate buffer and then was vortexed and incubated for 2 hours at 40 °C. Then 55 µL. proteinase K solution (10 mg/mL or 136 units/mL) was added; the sample was vortexed again and incubated overnight at 40 °C. phase extraction was used to isolate cocaine, BZE, and EME the digested hair samples.

SORRY FOR ALL THAT BUT BASICLY THE PUT ALOT OF CHEMICALS ON THE HAIR
    YES YOUR RACE METABOLISM WEIGHT SEX AND HAIR TYPE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE TEST SO CONFIGURE ACCODINGLY
    Hair Types and the Racial Issue

The possibility that drug incorporation into hair differs with hair type has been raised by several investigators and remains controversial. Kidwell (1993) found that thick, black hair takes drugs more slowly from solution and releases them more slowly than fine, brown hair. Uematsu and coworkers (1993) have suggested that certain drugs bind to melanin and found that in Japanese subjects the concentrations of haloperidol, chlorpromazine, nicotine, and quinolone antimicrobials are higher in black hairs than in the "grizzled" (i.e., white) hairs of their subjects. In the authors' controlled-dose study with cocaine-d5, all non-Caucasians (i.e., African- Americans, Hispanics, and East Indians) in the study incorporated significantly higher levels of cocaine-d5 into their hair (Henderson et al. 1993). The plasma pharmacokinetics for cocaine in these subjects were not significantly different from the Caucasian subjects.

HERES MY METHOD EXACTLY AS I DID IT

DAY 1 FOUND THESE SITES AFTER SEARCHING THE WEB FOR HOURS
    DAY 2 DID RESEARCH FOR HOURS
    DAY 3 DID MORE RESEARCH
    DAY 5 DID THE MACUJO WITH CIDER VINEGAR NUETROGINA( SACRYLIC ACID 2%) AND TIDE 1 TIME
    DAY 8 RESEARCH
    DAY 10 SOAKED MY HEAD WITH METHANOL( CARBUERATOR AND FUEL TREATMENT BOUGHT FROM AUTO STORE) FOR 10 MINS RINSED THEN USED THE CLEAN AND CLEAR SACRYLIC ACID
    DAY 11 WINDEX AMMONIA BASED FOR 10 MNS THAN RINSE THEN CLOROX MIXED WITH PEROXIDE AND SHAMPOO IDVISA METHOD How to Pass a HAIR TEST (FOR ALL DRUGS) for Pre-Employment-It will work EVERYTIME!!!! - YaHooka Forums
    DAY 15
    THE ALL IMPORTANT DESTRUCTION OF THE HAIR AND ITS PARTS
    THANKS TO JERRY G FOR THIS METHOD
    BLEACH AND REDYE
    PREVIOUSLY WENT TO THE BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE AND BOUGHT POWDER HAIR BLEACH 30 VOLUMIZER AND PERMANENT DYE
    I MIXED HALF THE VOLUMIZER WITH THE BLEACH AND MASSAGED IT INTO MY SCALP LEFT IT IN TO SATURATE INTO THE ROOTS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF MAXIMUM ON THE PACKAGE WAS 50 MINS. THIS LEFT MY HAIR WHITE AND FEELING SLIMY .BASICLLY DEAD. AND GETTING DEEP INSIDE THE MEDULLA(INNERMOST PART OF THE HAIR)
    RINSED
    SOAKED WITH VINEGAR FOR 5 MINS
    RINSED
    DRYED
    MIXED OTHER HALF OF 30 VOLUME WITH PERMANENT DYE, SATURATED IN HAIR AND LEFT IN FOR 20 MINS IT BURNED VERY VERY BAD AN I COULD NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE.
    RINSED
    DAY 16 TEST DAY
    WASHED HAIR WITH COAL TAR SHAMPOO DRYED AND LEFT A CONDITIONER IN THE HAIR i KOW THAT THEY WASH THE SAMPLES SO ITS POINTLESS BUT MY HAIR WAS SO BADLY DAMAGED THAT ITDIDNT FEEL RIGHT WITH OUT TH CONDITIONER IM SURE IT DINT HURT

WAITED AND GOT RESULTS TODAY ALL NEGATIVE

I FIGURED THAT I OWED U ALL AN IMPORTANT AND LENGTHLY IMFORMATIVE POST
    THANKS TO JERRY SEC AND OTHERS FOR THIS SITE
    I WAS SUCH A NON BELIEVER IN PASSING THIS TEST THEY GIVE IT TO GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND MILITARY OFFICERS HOW CAN IT NOT BE FOOLPROOF

TRUST ME EVERYBODY IT CAN BE DONE:angel:
  2. oceanotaku

oceanotaku New Member

Wow... that is a lot of information to pour through. I'll bookmark this thread for future reference though, thanks!
  3. concerned9

concerned9 New Member

Thanks for the post, im in a similar situation. What do you think worked best? You did a number of different things, some scary (menthol?)
  4. moneyman

moneyman New Member

honestly try as much as you are comforable trying. by the way methanol is a very strong chemical so be careful as tonot get it in your eyes or face i wouldnt leave it in for mor than 10 or 15 minutes. thn wait some time and i would definetly bleach the hell out of it leave the bleach in at least and hour or as long as you can bare it. follow up with a permanent dye back to you natural color you should be as good as gold serriously the bleach will do a number on your hair and will work;)
  5. concerned9

concerned9 New Member

I noticed you didnt use zydot or toxin wash in your process. Do you think these products are neccesary? Obviously it worked for you. Toxin wash is a $100 investment that I dont know if I want to commit to if it doesnt produce consistant results.
  6. moneyman

moneyman New Member

dont waste ur money

i truly think those products are a waste of money, go with the bleach itll destroy ur hair and all the metabolites in it did you read my whole post to understand how it works
  7. concerned9

concerned9 New Member

so basically you bleached and redyed once. You did leave the bleach in for a while. Ive done 3 macs, 2 peroxide-clorox shampoos, a baking soda and shampoo rinse using aloe rid and 1 powder bleach 50 mins, redye treatment. All of these on different days of course. I only have about 1 1/4" in top and 1/4" on sides and back of head. Been clean 2 months 1 week. Last use was off topic stuff. Think I'm good to go?
  8. HelpAGirlOut

HelpAGirlOut New Member

money man-

What type of clorox?? straight up bleach>?
  9. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

Honey, stick to proven methods, there is a lot of stuff he did that is not necessary.

Spend about two hours reading the results thread in reverse order, see what really works.
  10. moneyman

moneyman New Member

hes right

jerrys right i did do alot but the bleach is the key if it is vital for you to pass you will do wateva it takes but just go get powder bleach and volumizer mix the two per instructions on the package and leaveit in like an hour or slightly longer the use a permanent dye to go back to ur natural color. concerned9 u should be good 2 go
  11. HelpAGirlOut

HelpAGirlOut New Member

I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES...

That should be my name on here...

My friend is a stylist so I am going to the salon on Sunday to do it because it is closed and she can do whatever. I told her to kill the damn thing.:)

Any other suggestions? I got this-All Toxin Removal-Hair Follicle Treatment Kit from Pass Hair Test but I was going to return it and get toxin wash instead like Jerry says. I also have all the tools to do macujo so eventhough Jerry says it doesn't work for heavy smokers i'll still prob do it after the bleach redye method.

I'm afraid to do the auto-fuel stuff since my hair is long but I will if you think it will ensure passing. You don't understand. I'm a teacher-I hate it. I am about to get the opportunity of a life time. I need to pass.

Thanks for your help.
  12. Jerry G

Jerry G Sr. Member

Have your friend do multi bleach and redyes, forget the Mac.

If you would just spend an hour or two reading the results thread in reverse order, you will see what I mean...
  13. moneyman

moneyman New Member

purpose of multiple X

im trying to understand why would it take more than 1 bleach if you leave the bleach in for long enough. yes skip the macs. itll be alot cheaper if you do it ur self however if your stylist does it make sure she leaves the bleach in over an hour time it or it will be pointless the longer the bleach sets on ur head te deeper inside the hair it will reach - common sense -
  14. HelpAGirlOut

HelpAGirlOut New Member

Jerry-
    I think I am just spazzing because my sister also works for this company and has for the past 10 years and I can't fail. I basically have done about 20 hours of research though-I see what you mean.

As for $$$, that's why I'm going when the salon is closed so I am just paying for products. Def will be leaving it in for an hour or more..no worries. She totally agreed by the way and has been a stylist for about 20 years. I sent her your thread's and she agreed.

Thank you both-I really appreciate it.

Please answer one last question-should I get toxin wash to use the day of and return the shampoo I got?
  15. moneyman

moneyman New Member

t wash go ahead

from reading i saw3 good things about tw so it cant hurt. you will be ok promise just keep the faith alot of poeple here have beat this test and I WAS SUCH A NONBELEIVER IT AINT FUNNY, AFTER I PASSED MY TEST I WAS SHOCKED ITS KINDA FUNNY CUZ I TOLD THE GUY I HAD A PERSCRIP FOR VICODIN OPIATE AND I GOT THE RESULTS ALL NEGATIVE HE WAS LIKE YA THATS FUNNY I THOUGH U TOOK VICODIN I WAS LIKE YA ONLY 1 OR TWO PILLS WHEN I WAS IN PAIN I KEPT THE REST HE SAID DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY IT SHOULD HAVE SHOWED UP I SAID YA WEIRD ILL BE RIGHT DOWN TO GET MY RESULTS LOL
  16. concerned9

concerned9 New Member

money, check your PM, i sent you one.
  17. moneyman

moneyman New Member

ya you should be good with a long bleach and redye it should be left in for like 50 minutes depending on yur hair type but if you do it do it right and thats will be all you need. i am convinced everything else is a waste of money lol
  18. Baby_G

Baby_G New Member

Soooooo... I'm Going Through The Same Thing With My Daughter And All They Said Was That The Levels Had To Be Lower. So They Are Testing Back 3 Months... In December I Bleached My Hair Then Two Weeks Ago I Went And Got It Stripped And Dyed At A Salon And Then On This Past Tuesday, The Day Before My Drug Test I Bleached It And Died It Myself... And Then On Wednesday Morning Before I Got Tested In The Afternoon, I Used One Of Those Washes They Say Dont Work From The Store... So My Levels On My Last Test Were In The Very High Range... Im Hoping That All The Bleaching And Dying Will Have At Least LOWERED The Test... I Should Have The Results Next Week But My Anxiety Is Out The Roof I've Been Searching Onlinr For Day And It Always The Same. Some People Say Yes Some People Say No... It Would Make Me Feel Soooo Sooo Much Better If I Just Knew For SURE That It Did SOMETHING To My Hair.