Proof Marijuana Cures Cancer [Video]

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Silence, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Silence

Silence New Member

This is a video a friend told me about on Facebook a couple weeks back and I decided to share it with the community.

Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cUC8tjoB_0&feature=related]Proof Marijuana CURES Cancer - YouTube[/ame]
    10 people like this.
  2. clint902

clint902 Sr. Member

That's good news! Maybe that's why marijuana is illegal because the government knows all this stuff and don't want to bankrupt the cancer industry and all the investors.$$$$
  3. Silence

Silence New Member

Actually, now that you've brought that up, the government has known marijuana (THC) is a cure for cancer since 1975.

UKCIA Research Library

This is the report from when they ran the study.
    6 people like this.
  4. Sierra Twist 11

Sierra Twist 11 New Member

Don't forget to mention how much money alcohol and tobacco companies would lose, millions if not billions, of dollars each year. Or just the shear fact that the government wouldn't be able to regulate marijuana is the biggest reason why it's still illegal.
  5. CommonBlaze

CommonBlaze New Member

Amazing :O my friend was just diagnosed.... Maybe ill smoke him up lol
  6. Silence

Silence New Member

What form of cancer was he diagnosed with? There are different treatments for different types. Most types can be cured by smoking but skin cancer is a little different. If he/she has skin cancer, have them use hemp oil, versus just lighting up...

But smoking pot never hurt anyone :D
  7. mallitia95

mallitia95 Sr. Tokemaster

I'd say vaporizing would be a better option for cancer treatment than smoking.
  8. Silence

Silence New Member

Truthfully, I would agree but they've found in studies that marijuana smoke, for some reason, does not cause lung cancer, but rather eliminates it.

Either way I find fine. But vaporizing takes out tar is I'm not mistaken.
  9. Beast'N On'M

Beast'N On'M Sr. Member

So, what kind of cancer does it cure? Just like... cancer in general, or what? Like... all types of cancer, or what? Like, every fucking cancer known to man, or what? If so, I'm showing everyone I know who disapproves of pot this video.
  10. Insaneteacher

Insaneteacher Fare You Well

well the venom from a brazilian wandering spider can potentially be used to cure erectile dysfunction. so at this point nothing surprises me...
  11. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

I say we need more research. I personally know a lifelong toker who had cancer and died. Saying smoking weed cures cancer, even with a few studies behind It, doesn't prove a thing.

There's too many variables. What dose is necessary and at what interval and duration? How can you calculate the THC content in your particular bud? Remember, most people don't have access to labs that can test or confirm THC content, or dispensaries who sell bud thats been tested. Is THC alone the culprit, or is it a specific mix of the chemicals at specific dose ratios? Why do some people who smoke pot still get cancer? Is it genetic predisposition? Or perhaps environmental factors? I could go on for days...

Now, I'm a born skeptic. I would love to be able to say, without a doubt, that weed cures cancer. But theres simply not enough proof. When the day comes that there is, I'll be the first to rejoice! But until then, Ill remain steadfast in my belief that making claims like this when there is no, or not enough, proof actually does more to hurt the credibility of our cause than it helps.

Whenever it comes up in a conversation I always use the word "potentially". Example: "THC has been shown to potentially cure cancer. There's still research needed, but the potential alone is enough, in my mind, to move towards easier access to the plant, and as a result move towards a potential cure to one of natures deadliest diseases." Or something to that effect...
  12. Insaneteacher

Insaneteacher Fare You Well

very well said vvicked..

cancer is an extremely complex disease and we don't fully understand the mechanisms behind it. without fully understanding the disease itself it's impossible to say that marijuana cures it. my understanding is that it has been shown to reduce the size of tumors in some studies. however, we won't know anything for sure until we can get marijuana's schedule changed so it is easier to access for research purposes.

with that said i believe there is a natural cure on this earth for every disease that befalls humans. i think it's just a matter of understanding the biological processes and mechanisms of the disease.
    2 people like this.
  13. Silence

Silence New Member

From what I've seen, it seems to cure EVERY form of cancer. Different forms require different methods of using cannabis however. Such as skin cancer versus lung cancer.

Skin Cancer : Use hemp oil and apply daily for I believe 3 months.

Lung Cancer : Vaporize it until the tumor is gone (I don't know how long it takes to kill lung cancer).
  14. Silence

Silence New Member

Well, from the studies conducted, marijuana has been shown to basically cause the cancer cells to commit suicide (I researched this farther than the first video).

Vvicked. You are correct in one aspect though. It has POTENTIAL to cure cancer but studies seem VERY promising. I'd prefer to be optimistic and say it does rather than it might.

I posted another video about skin cancer that a man did on his own with his cancer on his nose. He used hemp oil daily for I believe 3 months. The cancer was gone and has not come back.

Might I add the cancer he had was malignant....But benign isn't typically any form of a concern anyways.
  15. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

The only problem with saying it does when there isn't proof that you are correct is the fact that you will lose credibility with the skeptical middle of the road types (the type that we will need on board with us when it comes to voting against prohibition). If I say marijuana cures cancer, and someone like myself (skeptical, but willing to research the issue and be proven wrong) hears it then finds no, or very little, evidence supporting that claim then we've likely just lost that persons support. They will see it as pot heads making outlandish claims just so they can get stoned legally.

My point being that in the war on prohibition, we can't afford to lose credibility, so we should be careful what claims we make.

No to be rude, but there is almost no way you can prove that the THC is the cause of this. This is a classic example of post hoc logic.

As I said, it's not that I don't believe that it may be able to kill cancer. I just don't believe that there is enough evidence supporting it to be able to accurately claim that marijuana cures cancer.

Malignant and benign are terms used to describe tumors.

Malignant means cancerous. If you have cancer, it's malignant. There is no such thing as benign cancer.
  16. Silence

Silence New Member

Let me respond to your last comment

First off, I know the difference. I understand how I worded it was unclear, but I'm referring to skin cancer as in the case of the guy in the OTHER video I posted. Benign mole or malignant.

Also. I agree with you on everything else. The people straddling the fence do need more evidence. Here is just a little bit more. I don't believe this shows conclusive evidence, but it does show positive results.

This is from a 1975 study that was tested on mice and rats with the use of THC and other chemicals found in marijuana on these animals who basically were given cancer.
    UKCIA Research Library
  17. -LOST-

-LOST- New Member

Yeah I have believed this was the case for a long time now thanks for confirming it ;)
  18. kmak

kmak Sr. Member

Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute
    studies on rodents showing promising results

[ame=<div align="center">
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="400" style="margin:10px 0">
    <thead>
    <tr>
    <td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
    <a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="panelsurround" align="center"><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dvosdIXyjWM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dvosdIXyjWM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent"></embed></object></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table></div>]Run From The Cure The Rick Simpson Story (Full Version) - YouTube[/ame]
    rick simpsons video

[ame=<div align="center">
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="400" style="margin:10px 0">
    <thead>
    <tr>
    <td class="tcat" colspan="2" style="text-align:center">
    <a href="" title="You Tube" target="_blank">You Tube</a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="panelsurround" align="center"><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tghUh4ubbg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tghUh4ubbg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent"></embed></object></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table></div>]Cured: A Cannabis Story (A film by David Triplett) - YouTube[/ame]
    David Tripplets video

there is alot of research suggesting cannabinoids have a directs anti tumor properties. But I feel in smoke most of these properties are used protecting the body from the by products of combustion, so while smoking mj wont cause it. Vaporization/edibles/concentrates/hash topical creme would be the way to go as far as cannabis cancer treatment is concerned
  19. ToastyRoadie

ToastyRoadie New Member

There is lots of information supporting this belief on the web, just go and look for it.

Granny Storm Crow has lots of info on cancer alone, not to mention almost every other disease known to man, it's that good.

Google " Run from the cure" and watch the 1hr long video.

On my mobile, but here is one video.

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&rl=yes&v=dSXhwP5QjUQ
  20. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

I take it these are directed towards me. Ive read a lot on the subject, and while its promising none of it is conclusive. My only point was that we should be careful what labels we attach to things. Calling something a cure when there isn't proof that it cures anything will likely turn some middle of the road people off. We need everyone we can get on our side. Making unsubstantiated claims is a good way to prevent that...
    2 people like this.