Punishment for Dirty Probation Tests?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by RIP JMorrison, Jul 3, 2003.

1. RIP JMorrison

RIP JMorrison New Member

Anyone know what happens if you come up dirty on a probation test, preferably in NJ. Anyone have first hand or known a friend with first hand experience that took a test and came up positive for drugs while on probation.

2. brainwashed

brainwashed New Member

It's a violation of your probation, you end up serving the time that you would have originally gotten instead of probation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I've always heard / seen it done.

-Josh

3. mindraver

mindraver Sr. Member

yes, most likely they will revoke your probation which means whatever you were on probation for you will probably do the time for instead unless you can get a lawyer to convince the judge to give you some sort of work-release program. also, it will go on your record most likely. depending on your probation officer they may or may not decide to report it to the court, so you may luck out but it is not likely.

4. TylerDurden

TylerDurden New Member

it all depends..

on what level of probation youre on.

they wont always make you serve time..

i had a friend that was on probation for small offenses, got a dirty test and had to attend a substance-abuse program..

the downside to these is they can last up to 52 weeks, and charge upwards of 60 dollars per weekly session..he got lucky and found a shorter, FREE one so it worked out really well for him.

but it all depends, and each PO is different...some are VASTLY different. i dont think any of the ones ive ever had would have been so lenient...but i never wanted to test those waters.

------->>i think Niteshift or K9 could be of help here. why dont you PM one/both of them?

5. djkidrock

djkidrock New Member

people that are on probation

i am currently 2 1/2 years into a five year term of probation with the state of missouri. i have tested positive for marijuana 3 times. i was originally placed on probation as a result of them finding me in possession of meth (residue, literally). with my lengthy criminal (drug) history they decided to nail me while they could. the first dirty urine i was told that i could not do that. the second dirty urine i was asked to go get a drug assessment evaluation (to see wether i was dependant on it and needed help). the third time, they suggested i go to Narcotics Anonymous (can't require it because it is based on religion) and of course i declined. they say that i have an attitude at times, and sent me to see a psychologist. they told me that if i came up dirty again, i would be placed in a drug treatment (outpatient) class, at a cost of 30 dollars a visit, each week. i had been staying clean for a good thirty days, but the pressure got too much and i caved in and as a matter of fact have to go see my probation officer tonight. the doctor concluded that i have a modorate bipolar disorder and has prescribed Lipotar (300mg) for me, i am only one week into the medicine, and so far it has not kicked in as for relieving my jonesing for a phat-hoot. missouri is so overflowing their prisons right now, i was told that it would take a major offense for me to land in prison, like committing a voilent crime-the way it should be. hope this helps you out in New Jersey.

6. Abomonog

Abomonog New Member

If your are county probation you should check to see if NJ has standard punishment for county probs who fail the test.

I once got out of 6 years of county probation in Sarasota (FL) because the standard punishment for the county probs is 30 days jail and a full release (no probation).

The second I found that out I went out of my way to fail the tests.

That was ten years ago though and the judge was very pissed at my underhandedness in skating out of the probation (the 30 days and release was mandatory at the time), and may have sinse changed there.

The upshot is that sometimes it is better to exchange a long probation for a short jail stay.

Felonies usually end up doing their origonal sentance if they fail the test.

That sentance is often longer than the probation itself.

7. JackBauer

JackBauer Sr. Member

You are in a thread that is over 3 years old. If he is still on probation then that has to suck.