purple weed??????

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by TheHolyDoobie, Jan 23, 2011.

1. TheHolyDoobie

TheHolyDoobie New Member

Ok, im new at this stuff so bear with me. Yesterday i purchased some weed from my dealer and the funny thing is when i got home i discovered the weed was PURPLE, did i just get ripped off? Cause i have never seen purple weed...................i dont think there is such thing as purple weed.....

2. scofieldr3199

scofieldr3199 Sr. Member

Called purple kush my friend.

3. REVOlution

REVOlution New Member

Grand Daddy Purp? You've never heard of that?! damn. yeah, it's normal for weed to be purple haha

4. stoneygreenbud

stoneygreenbud Super Moderator

I don't think you got ripped off, as a matter of fact, I think you got the cream of the crop, as said above, there are a few "purple" strains out there, granddaddy purple is one of my all time fav's too.

Happy Toking,

~Stoney~

5. D.0.B

D.0.B New Member

haha the more purple hairs the better in some cases

6. Kushy

Kushy down

Purple has nothing to do with quality and actually not that much to do with strain genetics. The only thing that mostly determines the color of the bud is the temperature (climate) it's grown in and the nutrients it receives. What causes the purple is a cold climate. Any bud, even a sativa can be grown in a slightly cold environment and start to turn a little purple.

The reason I say genetics has little to do with whether it actually turns out purple is because of this: Many strains like Grand Daddy Purple, Purple Kush, etc a lot of the time end up not being purple at all. I actually recently got a couple batches of GDP and purple kush from the dispensary that had no purple in them whatsoever.

Here is the macro tip of one of my GDP buds (as you can see, apart from maybe a few purple specks on a couple leaves, completely green Grand Daddy Purple... but had the classic GDP smell of grapes and fruity loops... Soo dank)

[​IMG]

On the other hand, I have gotten gotten extremely purple weed, with absolutely NO green in it. The strain was Frankenberry and it wasn't normally this purple, but the club said it was flowered in a cold environment which doesn't mean bad quality, just makes it purple and look awesome! Also, the colder a grow room gets, in general, the more indica the plant becomes (so with more purple comes more CBD)

[​IMG]

And last but not least, I've gotten a little bit of both. A happy medium of purple and green is always a tasty as well

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  7. SpiralSpindle

SpiralSpindle Sr. Member

Exactly, I always try and correct the purple myth whenever I hear it. Then you don't have to put up with the extremely annoying stereotypical "ahh dude, purp derp herp purp brahhhhh" :rolleyes:

8. stoneygreenbud

stoneygreenbud Super Moderator

I'm glad to be a simple person, who likes simple things in life, and "stoneygreenbud" (pun intended) is where it's at. as long as its overall look makes my mouth water, and the taste is as great as the high it produces, well then, I'm a happy camper.

I'm always open to trying new or different strains, as any cannabis connoisseur should be, but as the years have gone by, my needs have changed to strains that produce more of a pain relief for me, meaning the whole body high.

~Stoney~

9. myself420

myself420 New Member

uh im a little confused on what your saying, you can not turn a sativa into an indica by droping the tempature, yes it does change the color but it will not make it indica. It looks like you have some great plants though, keep up the good work.