Question about hyperhidrosis

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by rocafella3, Apr 21, 2008.

1. rocafella3

rocafella3 New Member

Couldn't find a forum to post this question in, figured this was the closest one.

Alright, so hyperhydrosis is a condition where a person suffers from extreme sweating. I noticed one of the main factors for helping eliminate marijuana from your system is the "sweating out" from a work out. Medically speaking, can hyperhydrosis lessen the amount of time pot stays in your system? Or do the two have nothing to do with one another. Thanks.

2. FunkySkunky

FunkySkunky Gentille, allouette

I'm fairly sure the "sweat it out" method will more likely help you fail than pass. I once thought that a good workout before a drug test would burn fat cells and thereby eliminate THC. Long story short, I was wrong. Working out to "sweat out" THC from your system indeed will burn fat cells but is also a surefire way to put the THC in your bloodstream and subsequently your urine, perhaps for days. I now know it's better to stay sedentary and use the dilution method.

3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

It's not the sweating that eliminates the THC metabolites. THC metabolites pass out of the body primarily in urine, hardly at all is perspiration.

Fat-burning exercise releases THC metabolites into your bloodstream from the fat cells. They're concentrated in your urine by your kidneys. This is why we recommend that you stop exercising and start pigging out a few days before a UA to keep the THC metabolites in your fat cells and out of your urine.

If you sweat excessively without burning fat, it would do almost nothing to help you pass a UA.