Question About Quest Diagnostics

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by zeus&roost, May 16, 2007.

1. zeus&roost

zeus&roost New Member

So I went to fill my application out and had the piss crotched and warm just in case for some reason they gave me a test at the work. So the HR lady came out and said "ok i just gotta give you this drug screen and tax forms". My heart sank. Then she said "this is how you get there". I was relieved.

Anyways, my test is at Quest Diagnostics. Im gonna sub. My biggest question is DO THEY WATCH YOU?? Also, the top of the form has an address for NY. Are they even gonna do the EMIT on me, or will they just send it straight to lab?? Its a 6633N SAP 10-50 GC/MS.

Thanks is advance..
  2. Secs

Secs New Member

It is a lab test going to the laboratory, probably in Schaumberg Ill. The NY address is either the Corporate office address or the MRO address.
  3. zeus&roost

zeus&roost New Member

yea the top of the form mentioned something about the MRO. There is also a checkbox on the form for "observed". Are they gonna watch me? Am I screwed for substitution? And just out of curiosity, how could you tell it was going straight to the lab?

Thanks..
  4. Secs

Secs New Member

The box is there in the event they find CAUSE to observe. Don't give them cause, they won't observe.
  5. Secs

Secs New Member

Because I have seen a gazillion forms just like the one you described.

edit: I don't know what happened above, but I don't have time to fix it. See ya later....
  6. zeus&roost

zeus&roost New Member

well thanks for all the advice you have given me sec3. I will post tomarrow and let ya know how it went.
  7. zeus&roost

zeus&roost New Member

so i just got back from taking my test at Quest. They sent it straight to the lab just like sec3 said they would. The only thing is, when I subbed the piss, I touched the temperature strip and it had previously read 96. When i took my thumb off it said 92. So it re-heated to 94 on the strip and the collector wrote "94" beside the box that asks if the specimen is between 90-100. So is this gonna screw me up? Could my employer ask me to do another because it was 94?? But overall, this was the easiest sub I have ever done. 3 or 4 times for me now. I had to do it on probation when I was 15 and it was much harder to do. So thanks to everyone who helped me out on this site. Its awesome. But am I screwed because it was 94??
  8. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

I don't understand the problem. It said on the form between 90 and 100. 94 lacks one degree from being dead center.

Relax.......;)
  9. zeus&roost

zeus&roost New Member

yea i know im just freakin out a little bit cause it was stupid of me to touch that temperature strip. I was just wondering if they were gonna flag it at all since it wasnt 98 degrees. Is it standard procedure for the collector to always write the temperature down??
  10. 1tokeovertheline

1tokeovertheline New Member

sec3 says yes and she should know if anybody would.
  11. zeus&roost

zeus&roost New Member

awesome.. thanks to everyone on this site for helping me out. the information is priceless. i will post when i get word from my employer. (prob. monday).
  12. Secs

Secs New Member

No, we just check the appropriate box. Either it is within 90 - 100 degrees or it isn't. Some forms have the question if it was over or under that range, but not all of them do. Don't worry, 94 degrees is perfectly normal. I would be suspicious of a specimen that read 98 degrees because urine will cool on contact with the cup just a little bit.

You are fine.
  13. tydye4u

tydye4u New Member

i just did a test with thm but the address on mine was al and it had the same infor as ur far as the test type goes i dont know if they really snd it off to al but i had fail but i didnt have wut u had i had my own but it was carzy it take 2-3 dys to come bck i went on a thur a wk and a dy ago amd mine came bck on a monda afternoon but i think u wll b ok if u had somebody else as long as they was clean and the temp was right on ur cup u good oh and no they dont watch u the stand on the outside of the door so act like u doing the do and u wll be ok