Questions for people who have made Isopropyl Alcohol 'hash'

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by IIDX, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIDX

IIDX New Member

Ok so I soaked all my grinders, pipes, bowls and other junk in a vat of isopropyl alcohol 99% for the last few days. The alcohol turned all black and nasty and got a ton of resin in the bottom. I then got out most of the resin and let it sit by my window (stinking up my room) for about 2 days. This morning it got low enough that I could pour it out on a large, flat plate and let it really dry.

So this afternoon I check it and it is just a brown, thin layer of gunk on the plate. It looks wet but it's actually just insanely sticky.
    So I scraped it up with a knife and got about 0.7-1g of this INSANELY sticky dark brown tar like substance.
    How long do I have to wait before I can smoke this? I'm scared of smoking the isopropyl lol, and I'm just scared period since this looks like some real nasty stuff.
    I'm guessing it will be nasty like smoking resin, but it should be pretty potent, but I just want to know how long I should wait and careful I should be before trying to smoke it.
    Will it dry up more and get less sticky? It's insanely hard to handle right now as it gets stuck to anything, one of my fingernails is completely brown right now and I can't wash it off.
  2. imported_replica

imported_replica Sr. Member

I don't do this anymore just because it's harsh, and it think it tastes like shiit :eek:

But you can smoke it right away. It's going to be super sticky, I used to use a razor to scrape up what I wanted.

The best way to smoke it (in my opinion) is to put bits of it on some bud. Otherwise, it'll just taste :puker:
  3. IIDX

IIDX New Member

Ok thanks for the help. It really smells gross and thinking of that stuff collecting in my lungs really puts me off smoking lol...

I want to try it though, I like to try weed in every one of its forms :D
  4. Lit_Match

Lit_Match New Member

Iso hash is actually pretty decent, but you have to get 99% pure isopropyl alc. The standard store bought rubbing alcohol will leave behind a lot of pollutants that you ultimately smoke.
  5. IIDX

IIDX New Member

Hmm I bought 99% and it says on it the ingredients are only iso and water...I hope it's pure enough.
  6. KMKbuzz4-2-0

KMKbuzz4-2-0 Sr. Member

Well I make this about 2 times a week and sometimes I can get it to dry to a more solid mixture and at least form it into a ball or something, other times it stays like goo no matter how long I let it sit. As long as its not really runny and more like hash-oil I'd say you're pretty safe. If you want to smoke the oily stuff just put a glob on a small section of a paper, fold the paper over it and toss it in a bowl

Also please keep in mind that soaking your pipes in iso does not give you hash. It gives you resin. The resin hasn't really changed or lost any of its nasty chemicals because there was no straining or cleaning process its just been moved from your bowls to the iso. Then the iso evaporates and you're just left with resin. Have fun!
  7. IIDX

IIDX New Member

I thought that the iso absorbed the THC left over and then some of the other chemicals are strained out when you soak resin?

Oh well, I soaked resin and a lot of kief that was stuck in all the cracks of my space case, so this stuff should be pretty potent I'd think.
  8. Itzamna

Itzamna New Member

did you try placing it into the freezer?
    and i thought the whole point of soaking your pipes in resign is because the alcohol extracts the THC and cannibinoids, leaving you with a better smoke than resign, i have no idea how many other chemicals are extracted or whatever.

Is it easier to handle if it is frozen?
  9. imported_SBsurferdude

imported_SBsurferdude Surfing Fiend

I have actually been trying to find 99 % isopropyl alcohol and can't find it. Where did you guys buy yours from?
  10. fyse0

fyse0 New Member

osco drug sold a 99.6% one i think when i did this a few years ago..
  11. KMKbuzz4-2-0

KMKbuzz4-2-0 Sr. Member

I get mine from Meijers(a local wal-mart). 1.59 for a pint I believe, that'll last me about 2 weeks. And yes THC is alcohol soluble but think about it...the other chemicals don't just dissapear...they're still there unless you filter it which is tough and IMO a waste of time with resin. Normally yes the THC would extract but seriously just think about it: you soak your bowl in iso. your bowl is then clean of resin. where did the resin go? into the iso. you evaporate the iso/water and what is left? the resin. I'm sure there is a slight change in the chemicals but what you are left with is far far from the hash you would get by doing the iso wash method on plant material. It's still basically resin just moved from your pipe to the iso to plate/pan/whatever you use to let it evaporate on.
  12. Itzamna

Itzamna New Member

so youre saying to use plant material w/ the iso method.
  13. KMKbuzz4-2-0

KMKbuzz4-2-0 Sr. Member

No no no no no I mean the iso hash method.
    1) Grind weed til it is near powder.
    2) Put weed into container and pour in iso. I use the ratio 5 parts iso to each part weed.
    3) Shake like mad for 2 minutes. Just 2. Seriously after 2 minutes almost all the THC is already extracted and all you're extracting are nasty chemicals that decrease the purity of your hash. Don't want to take my word for it? Try it for 2 minutes and test the final product. Then try it for 10 and test the final product. You will also notice that after 2 minutes the mixture begins to take on more of a green color than a golden one(in this case green is bad and gold is good)
    4) Strain out onto plate.
    5) Let evaporate.
    6) Scrape and enjoy hash.

I still do the whole washing your pipes in iso and smoking the resin just because I don't mind the taste to bad and if I'm dry it gets me high, but still that is nowhere near as pure as the final product of the method I just mentioned above. And that final product is not as good as butane hash. And that final product is not as good as if you were to get into using sulfates and sheot to make pure thc but still, it all gets you there.
  14. IIDX

IIDX New Member

Yeah I must have at least got some of the resin shit out of it since I did strain it to get rid of the visible tar particles (or whatever it is)

Either way this resin-goo-hash really smells nasty...I'm not looking forwards to smoking it lol...well I'm not looking forwards to the taste, I am looking forwards to the high which I expect it to be pretty good.
  15. Bud-S-Moker

Bud-S-Moker New Member

I did this about a week ago and it got me baked as hell. I wouldnt do this though unless I was dry though.
  16. B - Unit

B - Unit New Member

How can i make hash?

:cool:
    I tried the search button but couldnt find anything i was really looking for. Hey Mr. Hash, do you no any easy ways to make hash, my friend was telling me you could save up alot of stem and make it out of that, he also said you could make it out of seed. thanks. :D :tyedye:
  17. Lit_Match

Lit_Match New Member

18. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

Threads merged.

Here is the deal. We welcome underage posters on this forum. Having threads here that involve materials that could blow you up, etc...Giving how to's on doing it...Just not advisable, from a legal standpoint.

Now over at The Garden, there is a whole forum dedicated to making hash, etc. Must be 18 to register.

The first thread I always encourage folks to read is this one. ;)

:lock:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.