red hairs vs crystals

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by patxlopez, Nov 22, 2009.

1. patxlopez

patxlopez New Member

which would be better weed, a lot of red hairs and a little crystals. or a lot of crystals and little red hairs?

2. Frid

Frid New Member

I dont think the hairs contain much THC but i know the crystals do! So im going to have to say crystals over red hairs anyday

3. Shellshock

Shellshock Subscriber

I second this.

Although, it really depends. For the most part, more crystally weed (in my experience) gives you a better high. However, AK 47 is an exception. Really not too many crystals, just a fuckload of red hairs. My god that stuff is good.

4. Cheeseluver

Cheeseluver New Member

the hairs are more a sign of healt n maturity in growing so really should go hand in hand with eachother. Its fashionable now for ppl to give em a go in keif collectors taking a lot of thc off visable surface but if you break bud up it should still have visable crystals on inner part.

if its not try putting it in freezer for 10 15 min

5. SenorSmokesALot

SenorSmokesALot Subscriber

Either is a sign of good weed. If I had to choose just one attribute I'd choose crystals as this is the better indicator of good weed. I've smoked weed that had red hairs but wasn't really the best and some that's been amazing(this is much more common with red hairs) but I've never smoked crystally weed that didn't get me super high.

6. 024

024 Sr. Member

crystals look awesome on bud makes me hungry :p

7. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

"Hairs" are really the dried pistils of the cannabis flower and don't contain much THC. There color indicates that the plants were mature when harvested, since they're white before that. Trichomes (crystals) contain a lot of THC. Trichomes, when separated from the buds and compressed, are what forms hashish.

8. Lpwn_Ranger

Lpwn_Ranger Sr. Member

Can't I have both?

9. Frid

Frid New Member

Not only will you have both, most commonly you will with headies!