Rehydrating

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jcjs33, Sep 7, 2009.

1. jcjs33

jcjs33 New Member

i'd like to hear some about rehydrating the weed...i've been adding a drop of water to what i figure is dryish weed because i read it helps get more vapor...then, i read by doing that i'm just getting more 'water vapor' but not THC because the THC, supposedly, lifted off the leaf at a lower temperature than to vaporize the water...also, i find when i don't rehydrate i get a huge blast of vapor 'smoke'...so, i've been putting in about 1/8 inch of weed in my HotBox wand taking a huge hit and that pretty much turns the weed brown and gets me plenty high...any comments on the hydration deal...in the olden days i used the peel deal but the weed stuck to the peel...i put a fine weed into a small glass bowl and stick it in the freezer where it picks up a little 'frost' on the outside of glass..maybe this helps with hydration...pros v.s. cons on this much apprectiated...carry on
  2. lwien123

lwien123 New Member

Do not rehydrate your weed. Too much of a possibility of mold to form.
  3. SuperTorch

SuperTorch Sr. Member

Hydration isn't a problem mold wise if you only hydrate that bowl and don't let it sit for more than a few hours. As a general rule most will tell you hydrating your herb for a vaporizers adds nothing, and as far as getting more actives its true. But if you let the herbs hydrated for 30 minutes and penetrate down further there may be a small benefit with control over scorching, esp if its really dry herbs the first few hits can catch you off guard if your coming from a batch that had more moisture. For already moist herb it does nothing, for really dry herb it may help a little to soften the first few hits. I have bought some of the Spray hand sanitizers that are shaped like a pen from Walmart or Walgreens for $0.99 and emptied them out, then ran distilled water through them for about 300-400 pumps then I fill it back up will distilled water and it creates a nice palm sized mist that will hydrate one bowl at a time. I don't really use it much but on occasion I do, it's perfect for the single bowl application of vaporizers.
  4. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

There's absolutely no reason to add water to weed that you are vaping. Water boils off at 212˚. Cannabinoids don't boil off until they get close to 300˚. All of the water will vape off, taking heat with it, before the cannabinoids begin to evaporate.