Saliva Testing

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by MasterShake420, Aug 8, 2003.

1. MasterShake420

MasterShake420 New Member

Hey, there wasn't a forum for this so i figured id put it in here and the mods can move it as they wish, but how do they do teeth testing? When i got a job at Kroger, before i smoked, i had to take a drug test and they gave me a thing that looked like the top half of a tooth brush and i had to rub my gums with it and keep it between my gums and my lip for like a minute and then they sent it off to some place and said i was clean. I was just wondering how do u pass a test liek that because ive started smoking again and im going back to work there (i quit when i started smoking) and ill have to take the test again. Thanks

2. ResQBen

ResQBen New Member

:confused: Thats intresting, i've never heard of that before.. just brush your teeth really good :D (I don't know anything about it so don't take my advice ;))

3. rap

rap New Member

I was hoping someone could help me with that same ?. Fred Meyer does pre employeement salivia testing too. I know how to pass urine tests, but haven't been able to find anything on salavia testing. I decided to stop intill i get hired, but ive only been clean 3 weeks after being a cronic user for years. any suggestions? testing in 4 days.:rolleyes:
    thanks

4. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

From PubMed
    So the longest they could test positive using the saliva method was about 1 and a half days.

Of course that was a single dose, and you're a chronic smoker. But you've abstained for three weeks, so you should probably be ok.

5. rap

rap New Member

Hey cheeba monkey,

Thanks for your fast reply and vote of confidence. You r the only one that has given me any info at all. I guess this is soo new that people have not even heard of it. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. I may end up quiting for good till it is legal. Getting tired of cleaning up and taking tests. I t sucks that my relaxation of choice stays in the system so long. Oh well such is life. Thanks again:D
    Rap

6. S2

S2 Just another bonehead

there have been a few threads that covered saliva testing-- I am not aware of any solid means of getting false positives yet but like cheeba's quote shows-- at least it is a test for THC not the matebolites nad thus represents recent useage instead of use over the past month or so

7. rap

rap New Member

I had an idea that may or may not be valid. since asprin appears to cause fale negitives with urine tests, how about chewing asprin gum befor/ during a salivia test. Just a thought.
    R:)

8. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

^

I was thinking about that, if someone were to take aspirin pills, cut them in half, and just swish the powder around in their mouth before they take the test.

9. S2

S2 Just another bonehead

its worth testing -- need to see ifyou can geta home version on the net-- they dont carry them at the drug stores around my parts

10. rap

rap New Member

Hi all,

Had my test last thur. 8/28 and on tuesday got the call. I PASSED!! Just went to orientation and start working monday. This salivia test seems to be easier to pass then u.a.. Thank-You for all the info and I will defenitly refer my friends to this site with their ?s. You definatly made this process a lot easier, took away the stress of the unknown.
    Thanks again

R :D :wave:

11. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

Congrats!

That's good to hear.

Have fun tokin' up!

12. Dorotica

Dorotica New Member

hmph

I just got a job at Krogers and they did a Salavia testing... they said I would go ahead and start and if I failed the test they'd have to let me go. it's been about a week and a half since I smoked any, me and a couple friends smoked 1 joint b4 that it's been 2 weeks since I smoked any. What are the chances that I passed the test, could anyone tell me???

13. wimzie46

wimzie46 New Member

Second hand smoke and saliva test?

What about second hand smoke and saliva drug testing?
    I am exposed to my boyfriend and friend smoke on a daily basis, could this affect my drug test?
    It seems like it will probably be a saliva test. I haven't smoked for about two weeks and would smoke about 3-4 times a week before that.
    Despite reading that it can only detect up to 1 day I am still freaked out.
    What's the verdict? :( Thanks!

Wimzie46

14. IamN2pot

IamN2pot Seasoned Activist

I did a quick google for 'saliva drug testing' and in a matter of minutes came up with this info, and it is scarry due to the lack of uniform testing cutoff levels.
    50ng/ml cutoff http://www.btnx.com/product.aspx?ProductNumber=1063
    20ng/ml cutoff (see 'product insert' link for SAL1003) http://www.cliawaived.com/saliva-tests.html
    12ng/ml cutoff (see 'product insert' link) http://www.btnx.com/product.aspx?ProductNumber=1102
    4ng/ml cutoff ( see 'product insert' link for SAL1001) http://www.cliawaived.com/saliva-tests.html
    Hope that helps, somehow. N2

15. Jwp1534

Jwp1534 New Member

Well this is a kind of late reply to all of your posts but i recently got busted and had to go to an assessment counselor. I hadnt smoked in over a month (got busted for paraphernalia) but he told me that they can test positively for smoking up to 45 days before the test. Is that just bull**** to scare me or what?

16. ak-47

ak-47 New Member

thats is BS, because weed is fat soluable, it goes into your fat cells, but 30 days later there are no traces so that is bs he is jsut trying to scare you

17. Jwp1534

Jwp1534 New Member

Thanks ak, i was thinking i would pass but im very confident now.

18. Ctramou

Ctramou New Member

saliva test

Yeah I got one of these saliva tests coming. I think they are beginning to become the standard. So if anyone has any good information concerning how long pot can be detected in your saliva please let me know.

19. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

Ive known potheads that have worked at kroger, that test is nothing.