Save your weed ash!

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by High, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High

High as a kite

So my friend told me about this just a couple weeks ago, save all your ash from the weed you smoke. When you run out of weed you can smoke the ash and still get a stony high from it.

Or you could do what I do, keep your weed ash in your kief tray in your grinder. The ash mixes really well with the kief so its burns nice and evenly when you pack a weed ash/kief bowl (I use a small spoon to put it into my bowl, you drop less :p)

*I dont do this as I never run out of weed, but try the ash and kief thing, I like the nice even burn personally..
    *I did try it though.. lol
  2. TheCheese

TheCheese New Member

How can you smoke ash? Last I recall ash doesn't burn at all because there is nothing to burn. Maybe you and your friend aren't finishing your bowls all the way and leaving some weed behind that isn't burnt fully.
  3. AstroCoaster

AstroCoaster Sr. Member

I've heard of this, but basically I think it has more to do with the leftover resin. I know people that take whats left of the ash and mix it with water and try to get something out of it by turning it into a more of a resin like consistancy. If it's getting you high I think it's basically just the left over resin and unburnt weed.
  4. DanKJuggalo

DanKJuggalo Sr. Member

I just tap my ash into my trash can. No point in saving it to burn again, it's as burnt as it will get at that point.
    6 people like this.
  5. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

you mean like resin?
  6. Kushy

Kushy down

Your friends have smoked themselves retarded. There is nothing left in ash, that is why it's called ash. If you are still getting smoke out of "ash" then it's not called ash, it's called unfinished weed. Why not just finish it while it's in the bowl, then you save yourself the step of dumping it out and smoking it later. Plus thats just nasty.

And mixing ash with kief?!? what a fucking waste of kief, don't do that!!
    2 people like this.
  7. Ghost of Gravity

Ghost of Gravity New Member

I have a better idea. How about you just go buy some more weed, hmm? Go straight for the good stuff instead of smoking leftover garbage...
  8. High

High as a kite

Obviously you have never tried it, it evens out the kief and gives it a nice burn. I prefer it to just putting kief in my screen.
    And it has to be black ash not completely white ash. I tried it man and I swear it gives a normal high. It doesnt feel like a resin high btw.
  9. Le0n

Le0n New Member

High I think you should go and do some research on what you just posted...

It makes no sense at all...

The readon your friends are getting a "Stony high" is because they are managing to bring to combustion an already combusted material via high head, and the carcinogenic output is a literal poison to the brain, in which forces anti-bodies to fight the foreign input.

There is no benifit in smoking ash.

At the very least you could have said, smoke the resin! At the very least resin would contain some-what of a miniscule amount of THC... But ash???
    2 people like this.
  10. acrostwyck

acrostwyck New Member

I always save my ash, but that's mostly because I'm never quite sure if I burned all the weed, so when I run out of green I go back through the ash to look for slightly colourful bits to burn again, that doens't really tide me over til I get more but it's often a last resort thing when I really really need some weed
  11. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Your friend is just plain ignorant. Ash is ash. It's had all of the goodness burned out of it.

When you run out of weed you can smoke (How do you burn ash? There's nothing flammable left in it.) the ash and still get an imaginary high from it.
  12. High

High as a kite

Whatever guys n gals, it worked for me..
    4 people like this.
  13. Kushy

Kushy down

If it worked for you then you never completely burned it bro. It's called unfinished weed, not ash, and you can save yourself a step by burning it completely while it's already in your bowl, as opposed to burning it to black, dumping it out, and then re-smoking it.
  14. vapking410

vapking410 New Member

ok how about this settled to; can the ash that yall have tried smoking the same ash that come from smoking a blunt. Not no different color or anything just ash. If thats true then yea your smoking ash and theres no reasonable high in it. But if th consistency of the ash changed and theres bits of weed or blacked clumps then thats weed and bascially resin..the end :)
  15. iSmoke 'N Toke

iSmoke 'N Toke New Member

Eh, yeah. I just pinky my bowls, and if I still feel some shit in there, go for another hit. You know when it's gone though, start tasting like ass too.
  16. Le0n

Le0n New Member

I still really believe that this "Smoking Ash" is absolutley rediculous. If you are getting THC, then it aint completley burnt, and you could very well be assuming your resin is ash, or visa versa.

The fact that this "worked" for you and only you leads me to believe that your stuff was not "ash", and never was. IF you do manage to get smoke out of the "Ash", and I mean actual ASH, then whatever comes out is purly carcinogenic and gassius.

You, would be one, of several Billion, who gets high of ash.... So now you understand why it is either most likely NOT ash, or not THC that you are getting.

That is like saying, roll up your cigarette Ash, and resmoke it.... What a silly venture indeed.
  17. Le0n

Le0n New Member

It can still be heated to a point where some smoke does come out but this is mainly lighter fluid gas + carcinogenic production from bringing the ash to a higher heat. I imagine it takes much longer to heat up the ash.

Where do these silly ideas come from?
  18. clark420

clark420 New Member

I know what he's talking about. I've done this before but it's not actually ash (well not only ash). There is ash and burnt weed in the mix. You guys are right that you won't get high off the ash. The bowl isn't completly out of weed when it gets dumped into a jar and that's what he gets high off of.
  19. FreshFlynFlashy

FreshFlynFlashy New Member

It just seems like it would be a horrible nasty idea. I don't even like smoking resin, I couldn't imagine smoking ash...:confused:
  20. LukeEatsAirplane

LukeEatsAirplane New Member

That's just gross, dude. Do not do that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.