Second-Hand Smoke

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by TheLazyOne, Aug 7, 2012.

1. TheLazyOne

TheLazyOne New Member

k so i was blazin with a few buds yesterday and we were hotboxing our friends shed. one of our buddies doesnt smoke weed but he wanted to hang out with us anyways so ya know why not. anyways it was gettin pretty damn smokey in that shed as we had 3 blunts goin round. i started to notice that the friend of ours was starting to act goofy but i dont know if my perception of him was changed cus i was really high or if he was just playin it out. so what i wanna know is if being in a smoke filled room will get you high or not.

2. ctth75

ctth75 New Member

3 blunts is a lot of smoke, but I doubt it would get him high. Especially since he had never smoked before (it takes a couple smoke sessions before you actually get high.) So yea, he was probably just playing along. I think some people call it a 'contact high.'

2 people like this.
  3. Tweakedoutt

Tweakedoutt New Member

We'll I dont know about you but i got high as hell my first time smoking! And he probably did get high, yes its second hand smoke, but that will still get you high, if not whats the point of a hotbox? or shotgunning a hit?

:guns: :ns:

Mod Note: ^ Stop doing this in your posts. It's disrespectful to LEO's (Police officers, who do visit the forums), it's violent, and it's just in bad taste altogether. It's also against the rules, so please read the Posting Guidelines if you're going to continue posting here.

As a moderator, I see your posts before the public does. I have been editing them out, and I'm done doing so. Don't post anything like that again, or there will be consequences.

4. TheLazyOne

TheLazyOne New Member

i was told that the point of hotboxing was that the smoke is really trippy looking and it enhances your high because of that. i dont think it actually would get you high as you're not rly inhaling the smoke directly but im no expert on that so i may be wrong

2 people like this.
  5. mariguana

mariguana New Member

"hotboxing" The shed would be full of smoke, of course you'd still be inhaling the smoke, even if its only thin, smoke is smoke, even if its a tiny bit your still inhaling some of it. It's not directly but it adds up.

6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Since no one has ever failed a piss test strictly from second-hand smoke, I doubt that it can get you high. Something like 95% of the THC is absorbed by the lungs, leaving very little in exhaled smoke.

OTOH, the wife of one of my smoking buddies never smokes but gets high as a kite hanging out with us. The "contact high" is a very real phenomenon.

7. PhoLuM

PhoLuM New Member

Everyone gets effected by weed differently. My guess he was like a 1-2/10.

8. lonelyjimmyg

lonelyjimmyg New Member

:kaka::rasta: Something which wasn't mentioned here is all the smoke coming off the ends of the blunts. Granted, there's very little THC left in the exhaled smoke but the other smoke in there is full of it. That's the whole point of hot-boxing. So with that said(IMHO) I would hafta disagree some of the posts here :poke:::bounce::.

:hug::hippy: PEACE & POT EVERYWHERE:cheers::hippy:

9. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

The smoke coming off the end of a burning J or blunt doesn't have much THC in it. That's because almost all of it is burned up. The real action is going on on the other side of the cherry. Heat from the burning part of the J heats up the unburned weed next to it, releasing cannabinoid vapors that are inhaled along with the smoke. The reason vapes are so much more efficient than any technique involving burning is that none of the cannabinoids get burned. They all get vaporized.