seeds and stems?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Jabberwocky, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Guest

I've always taken my stems and seeds out, but yesterday i smoked with someone who said it didn't matter and just left them in, and it didn't feel any different. Is smokeing seeds or stems actually bad for you? or do they simply not contain any cannibanoids?
  2. PsYcHoLoGiCaL

PsYcHoLoGiCaL Seasoned Activist

Smoking seeds my you go stairal (i think??)... Plus smoking Seeds and stems gives you a headache, not to mention tastes like ****...

psychological
  3. schwadood

schwadood Keeper of the Time

Although seeds and stems do contain some THC, its not enough to Get you high. Beleive me, I've tried smoking stems in times of desperation but all I got was a headache. The going steral(sp?) from somking seeds thing I'm pretty sure is just a myth. They will clog a pipe. And not taking your stems out when you smoke shouldn't be a problem except that they take room away from more weed. I've actually heard that you can make cannabutter from seeds and stems but I've never tried it. If anyone has I'd be glad to hear about the results.
  4. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

By providing the following information please do not think that I am condoning underage use of marijuana. I define that as use by anyone under the age of 18 for recreational purposes.

The reason I am posting to this thread is that I even more strongly and vehemently condemn the propagation of this propaganda.!

These boys are spouting Marijuana Myths that were old when Reefer Madness (1950s) was being filmed! As I feel a greater duty to educate I added to this thread:

1- NO Smoking stems and seeds is not bad, it is undesirable.

2- NO Smoking Stems and Seeds will not make you sterile.

3- YES You remove seeds because being high in oil content like pop corn, they will explode when heated and it is likely you will be burned, possibly in or near your eyes.

4 - YES It is possible to recycle your stems to remove remaining THC. Your economizing also limits the number of times you must place yourself on the front lines of the War on Drugs

5 - YES And cannabutter is one method. Search in recipes for this and others

Mama Budz
    *I TOKE & I VOTE*
  5. PeweeSmoker

PeweeSmoker Guest

Ive heard that smoking seeds kills sperm cells
  6. DoritosMan

DoritosMan Seasoned Activist

i heard that smoking weed grows man tits, but my chest is pretty firm :D
    myths dude, its anti-weed peoples bad mojo trying to make you stop smoking weed ;)
  7. techno_trancer

techno_trancer New Member

nah dude i think seeds do make you sterile, besides who wants to hit a pipe full of sh*tty schwag seeds and have them explode like grenades all over the place when you hit the lighter
  8. ew

its the difference between all green yummy plant matter and green yummy plant matter mixed with sticks and little hard pebbles, ew.

and what mamabudz said.. seeds go POP, pack bowls that don't explode and taste like poo
  9. Mamabudz

Mamabudz Guest

Techno-trancer: do you really believe that myth or are you making a joke? I ask because we try very hard to get the real facts across over here and don't want to dilute the truth...

~ have a cookie

Mama Budz
  10. techno_trancer

techno_trancer New Member

if you were a guy mamabudz and somebody told you seeds make you sterile would you wanna smoke them, im not saying i believe that but im not willing to take the chance so thkns for carin
  11. Suabakey

Suabakey New Member

I have yet to get seeds in a bag, but I usually get hella stems, which I promptly remove. They make rolling a *****. :mad:
  12. Conine

Conine Seasoned Activist

rofl... smoking a seed will not make you sterile. If it did, I guarantee you that anti-drug folks everywhere would be screaming it from the rafters. If the only place you've heard about it is via rumor, it's likely just that. A rumor.

Still, there's no reason to WANT to smoke a seed, so what's the point of all this?
  13. Newtoker

Newtoker New Member

about the seeds...

Everyone is saying smoking the seeds is undesirable but not bad....i have bought about an ounce...for cheap i must add happily and either i have a massive amount of seeds or i dont no what im picking off...plz help! either i have 30 seeds from barely anything or im picking off vital stoning material! :mad:
  14. nerphroll

nerphroll Sr. Member

If your weed is as cheap as you say I'm not surprised you have a lot of seeds. Have some faith in yourself to know the diffence between a seed (hard encapsulated bead-like object that will make a little "tick" sound if dropped into a metal tray or onto a hard surface), and not-seed. One reason your weed may be so cheap is you're paying for more seed-weight than you think. If you have a digital image of what you're picking out I'd be happy to help you figure out what it is, if you're still confused. :toocool:
  15. Newtoker

Newtoker New Member

seeds...lots

alrite i get what your saying im posting a few pics of what i have picked out what it looks like ect....plz take a look and tell me what u think...i took a pic of my total weed....a pic of the seeds ive picked out so far...(thats from barely anything)...my "deseeded" weed ect. And since i have all these seeds...is it possibel if i was to just dig a hole and plant em in my gully i could grow something?
  16. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Seeds look like, well, seeds. They're oval, hard, and shiny. They vary in color from green to black. Immature seeds can be white.

The worst thing about smoking seeds (beside the headache) is that they have a tendency to explode when heated, like popcorn. This can lead to exploding joints or bowls that get blown all over the room.

De-seeding can be accomplished very easily. Break up the weed and get rid of all the stems. Put it in a shallow tray or baking pan. Tilt the pan. With a credit card or something similar, push the weed towards the higher end. With the card, roll the dope over itself. As you lift it off the surface of the tray, the seeds will roll to the lower end. Repeat until all the seeds are gone. After transferring the clean weed to another container, repeat the procedure with the seeds to scavenge whatever shreds of smokable weed that have fallen in with the seeds.

You can plant the seeds and they should produce something similar to what you've been smoking. With certain varieties of high-end pot the seeds won't do that because they're F1 hybrids, but chances are if your bag is that seedy it's not one of those.

For information on how to grow, take a look at our sister site, HempCultivation.com.
  17. king cola

king cola Sr. Member

If you choose to plant the seeds, just remember, one seed per hole and space them out a few feet or you will have roots fighting for space. If you are thinking about growing then definatly check out the link buzzby posted, you will find a lot of information there, but don't tell anyone outside this website if you decide to do it, that's something you keep to yourself.

I know someone who has made brownies by saving tons of stems. They use them to make cannabutter which gets used in their brownie mix. I think that's how they do it, they claim it gets them stoned. I don't really know the exact recipe though, never had the chance to watch them make it. Another thing they told me is that it will stink up your kitchen with the smell of pot.
  18. CardBoardBox

CardBoardBox New Member

Not true

I collect my stems and seeds to smoke with friends (muaha, no bud for them!) and it gets us all high. I think it really matters on the trichomes that it's covered with and how potent the bud in general is.
    I also smoke stem when I am out of stash. I find it gets me almost as high as bud. o.o Mabye it matters on your tolerance?
  19. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Maybe it matters on your imagination?
  20. Jinn

Jinn New Member

Seeds and stems

The seeds do contain minute amounts of THC in them, but not enough to get even a newcomer high. They will give you a big headache and do not have an appealing taste. Removing them is always desirable but not absolutely essential. I have a good friend that never cleans seeds or stems and it doesn't bother him. I will say that once he smoked with me (without seeds and stems) he did notice an immediate difference. He now cleans because he is now knows that it is not supposed to taste so bad. He thought that it just tasted that way.
    Also as above stated the seeds explode when burned...I have a NIN shirt with a burn hole to attest to that fact. I really liked that shirt too...