Side Effects of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by MrMikesName, Sep 26, 2009.

1. MrMikesName

MrMikesName New Member

Found this while searching for "effects of marijuana on hypothalamus." The article's about excessive masturbation and excessive pot smoking, but this is the section that talks exclusively about pot smoking. To those of you will an intelligent response: let me know what you think.

Source: Effects Of Chronic Masturbating And Pot Smoking
    Author:Dr. N.K. Lin Ph. D. Expert Profile
  2. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I think they are full of it. I couldn't figure out why people with inflammatory pains should stop. Why? They never give any reasons. Cannabis helps reduce my inflammation. :shrug:

I didn't see any reference to any research to back up any of their claims.
  3. supramkiv935

supramkiv935 New Member

after I clicked on the source link and read some of it,I felt like some one has been watching my life! lol

I have low back pain's as well.
    and have been smoking MJ since I was 16.

MJ does help my sex drive not that I have a problem with it I'm going to be 21,hell if anything I can go more time's if I smoke then being un-high lol

But after reading the article,
    I think I personally will cut back on MJ(didnt say I was quiting) and (Kinda personal but Spankin the monkey.)
    I was reading the link,taking those vitamins sound's like a good idea,It cant hurt.
    I think that will help with the losing of erection as well.
  4. kjp420

kjp420 New Member

this is retarted i get hardons a lot more when im high then when im not it feels better lasts longer and ends betterr
  5. Medicalifornication

Medicalifornication New Member

Yeah, That ol' term "Stoner Boner"

I can find myself super aroused when high.
  6. t-1000

t-1000 Sr. Member

I wouldnt normally even bother typing a response... but seriously all you have to do is look at the name of the website it comes from.

does herballove.com sound like a good source of cutting edge cannabis research?

ok and I just looked at the main page... its like half the website is dedicated to talking about over-masturbation. each one either has masturbation in the title or the article quickly moves to that. this is fucking stupid. articles from front page:

"Hair loss due to over masturbation" "The Pains of Masturbation " "Ejaculating Too Early? It can't happened to me !?"

so basically, its bullshit.

people, if youre feeling a bit debauched or sexually exhausted or something from beating your meat too much. why not just chill out on it a little bit? I think if chronic weed smoking left men impotent we would have heard about it over the last 3000 years of worldwide cannabis usage
  7. supramkiv935

supramkiv935 New Member

i didnt see the hair loss part or the rest of that lol
    that is stupid lol:blazed:
  8. t-1000

t-1000 Sr. Member

damn and i can hardly believe the statement that marijuana can cause brain hemorrhaging.

what a huge crock of shit. the prohibition community would be on top of any evidence that suggests something like this faster than a fly would pounce on juicy rotten turd
  9. Yana Usdi

Yana Usdi Dogs best friend

Off the top of my head I'd say it's garbage for a couple of reasons. First, a quick web search turns up very little on a ""Dr. N.K. Lin", there's no reference that I found to any published work, what degrees he holds, or info on if the degrees (if real) are honorary or earned, or from an accredited institution or not. I don't have time to look extensively right now but he wasn't in the top results for his name as listed on that web page at least. The two main references were one critical of him and the other refers back to the herballove page for the claim of his expertise.

Second, a lot of it disagrees with what I know of from valid published studies. The following url is to a page which collects info from published sources they list and that you can read for yourself if you look for them. A lot of them don't depend on single studies but meta studies to try to isolate erroneous results which do happen now and then.

Marijuana | Drug War Facts

Maybe I'll look it over more later when I have the time but for now I wouldn't put too much stock into an alternative medicine site with nothing more to go on than that.
  10. MrMikesName

MrMikesName New Member

Awesome page, thanks for the link.

Thanks to everyone else for your responses. After a little bit of poking around I've also come to the conclusion that these guys are just talking shit.
  11. Bodhi1976

Bodhi1976 New Member

Huh? AFAIK, marijuana reduces inflammation and dilates arteries. I don't know about anyone else, but it reduces my blood pressure to the point that I have to be careful when standing up that I don't faint. This "doctor" seems to have been making it up as he went along.

Why, then, do so many doctors recommend medical marijuana for migraines? [Because this is all BS.]

Marijuana is so non-toxic that there is no way you can get an overdose.
    Fifteen years and counting of daily smoking... No problems so far. My older friends who have been smoking since the 60s are still getting it on with some regularity. More BS.

And then, of course, there's the snake-oil sales pitch...
  12. lew scannon

lew scannon Banned

After going down to their page to where they ask "Is this information helpful", the majority of the readers actually found their info to be not helpful. (55% vs 20%).

Hilarious. :laugh: