Small Unformed Seeds?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Uncle-Junior, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Uncle-Junior

Uncle-Junior New Member

Anyone ever notice small "seed like" objects in there buds? I know that only regs have the fully formed, hard shelled large seeds, but I have been finding what appear to be seeds in good weed.

I'll break the buds up and they break up into smaller buds, and inside some of the smaller buds are these tiny round "seeds", and some pieces of the buds them selves are shaped like a capsule to hold these "seeds". They don't look anything like the big seeds you find in regs, they seem to be small undeveloped seeds. They aren't completely round, and they break up pretty easily. I have not noticed this before and was wondering what other herb smokers thoughts were. It's good weed, has lots of keif, has a strong smell... but these seeds are getting to me.

2. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

hmm... sounds like you are either seeing calyxes (buds form naturally in seed like shapes, calyxes are where the female hormone needed to create a seed lies) or the plants were stressed close to harvest time and turned into hermaphrodites. The capsule you described is a natural part of the plant, seeds don't just grow freely and randomly. the plant knows where its seeds will go even if it never produces a single seed

3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Seeds don't form at all unless the females are exposed to male pollen. It sounds like you got some weed that got fertilized but was harvested before the seeds had time to fully form.

4. Uncle-Junior

Uncle-Junior New Member

if the plant turns into a hermaphrodite, does that have any effect on the thc it has already produced?

5. Uncle-Junior

Uncle-Junior New Member

and this was my exact hypothesis

6. Kushy

Kushy down

The small, white, shriveled seeds you find in a bag are immature seeds. The dark, big, round ones are mature ones. You can only plant the mature ones ;)

7. Stewba

Stewba Sr. Member

Yeah I find the little white shriveled seeds a lot, especially if I'm breaking the bud up by hand.

I don't even bother removing them most of the time... ;)

8. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

yes, THC is sticky and therefore pollen sticks to it. Plants are driven by a need to further their genetics, the female desperately wants to go to seed,when she is not getting any pollen she increases THC production in hopes of catching more pollen and producing seeds before she dies.

when a female marijuana plant is not allowed to go to seed the bud produced is called sinsemila

9. Uncle-Junior

Uncle-Junior New Member

Photo 4.jpg

Yeah, still finding these tiny little "seeds".. it's annoying as hell. Here's a picture of the weed, I'll try to get a clearer one up.