Smoke-friendly jobs?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Zeroxtreem, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

The other thread in this section asking if "you're content with your job" got me thinking.

Has anyone ever had a job where they could smoke before or even during work and have your boss be fine with it?

What jobs do you know of that are pretty lax?

If Marijuana ever becomes legal and people start coming out with Weed R Us stores...I will literally nut in my pants if I get a job at one of them.

2. gocatsgo538

gocatsgo538 New Member

My sister works in the food industry, at an Italian restaurant. She smokes as well as her manager, so they toke up in the back every once in a while. :mj2:

3. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Boner. :hail:

4. FullTimeSmoker

FullTimeSmoker New Member

everyone who works in a restaurant smokes, and most ppl who work labor. i worked in a lumber yard a while back and we got high everyday at lunch and then came back and rode forklifts. needless to say it was fun.

if ever they do legalize it, i will b excited about not being drug tested for a job.

5. xxjuniperxx

xxjuniperxx New Member

have you been drug tested for a job before?
    I have had A LOT of jobs in the 7 years I've been in the work force and it has never come up.

I just left my job of almost a year which was in an office so def not bud friendly. Maybe the next....? :)

6. doyoulikegreen

doyoulikegreen New Member

Definitely in food service. I work at Wendy's (as well as other jobs) and people talk about weed while they work like they're talking about candy. lol

About smoking during work (on breaks) I don't know about that though... not at my location anyway lol

7. Plaidheart

Plaidheart New Member

well

I'm an assistant manager at a grocery store and I have never worked around so many smokers! I work night shift and once the store closes there's only like 7 people there. No one there needs to know I love Mary ;)

We changed dept. heads and the new boss smokes too. The first day the new boss came as I was walking to the store, we chatted a bit she bummed a cig and said: "do you know where I can get some bud?"

Me- (nervous laugh) Nah I don't smoke.

I don't want to shit on my dinner plate know what I mean?

8. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Dude. Help your boss out. Then ask for a raise in like..a month.

It's not shitting when she approaches you, first. lol

9. Plaidheart

Plaidheart New Member

I cant

I just got a raise last month so I have to wait another 6 months. If we get into an argument one day I don't want my smoking to come back on me.

I felt bad for her because we've all been there, and I had a quarter waiting on me at home. She must've found a dealer because last night her eyes were as red as the devils dick and we had a hour convo about legalization. :D

(Rambleramble lol off topic sorry)

But its pretty cool to look at smokers from an outside view that I haven't have since I was a kid.

10. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

Why would it come back to haunt you? I don't understand...

If she was asking to buy shit off you I don't think she would ever use it against you.

11. Plaidheart

Plaidheart New Member

um

There hasn't been any problems between us. She's a nice person I just have a hard time trusting people but I'm working on that.

Especially when it comes to green (its not legal yet) and I live in a large city not making it easier.

12. Zeroxtreem

Zeroxtreem News *****

I understand. I had trust issues too at one point.

13. MH Panda21

MH Panda21 New Member

Best Place of Employment for a Smoker

aaa