Smoking cigarettes increases high?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by nollieheel, Jan 25, 2010.

1. nollieheel

nollieheel New Member

a bunch of kids say smoking menthol boags gets you higher. i think thats bullshit. the only reason i think u feel higher is because your blood pressure increases and your heart beats harder and you feel higher. what do you think?

2. RyanB

RyanB Sr. Member

You're pretty much right. And I don't think it's all menthol, I think mainly 'ports do (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the full name) because I was told they have twice the nicotine or something.

3. CRIMSONxSOLDIER

CRIMSONxSOLDIER All Aboard the Canni-bus!

Its just the headrush you get from smoking a cigarette. It just gives you an added feeling of diziness and whatnot, that's all.

2 people like this.
  4. nollieheel

nollieheel New Member

yea maybe i dont get it cause i smoke 10 a day idk....

5. strutinshizz

strutinshizz Sr. Member

It does bring back a high, but doesnt intensify one.

6. locket

locket Oodalolly

What he said, and yeah, if you're addicted to cigarettes then you no longer get the head rush.

7. KingDub

KingDub New Member

I've always thought that because nicotine causes blood vessels to constrict (thus the higher blood pressure), the amount of cannabinoids in the blood that are absorbed by the body would increase due to the lower surface area. Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems logical from a layman's point of view.

I find that smoking a cigarette immediately after smoking a bowl actually reduces the high for me. I end up with a groggier high. But if I wait for the weed to fully come on, about 5 minutes after smoking, smoking a cig makes me noticeably more stoned for about 20 minutes, after which the high is basically normal again.

8. Csharp

Csharp Sr. Member

i don't smoke but most of my friends do, and some claim it does make you a bit higher, but idrk

9. LostProphet

LostProphet New Member

Same here I don't smoke cigs but some of my friends think that menthol's get u higher. I think its bullshit, its prob just a nicotine rush.

Theres this girl who eats a bunch of candy and sugar after smoking cause she thinks she gets higher. When she just gets a sugar rush lol

10. Bilbowe

Bilbowe New Member

It makes me feel higher lol. I quit them though.

11. joshpackr

joshpackr Sr. Member

I don't feel it gets me higher but it "dirties" the high a bit if that makes any sense.

2 people like this.
  12. MXM

MXM Sr. Member

i like the rush

13. Midnighttoker

Midnighttoker New Member

I find that spliffs make me feel a bit higher, probably just from the nicotine buzz that I'm not used to though

as a sidenote, I always find smoking to be a bit of a buzzkill when stoned, unless it's another joint

14. Kyle420

Kyle420 New Member

I'll usually split one with someone because my friends all do it but they just usually make my mouth dry.

15. GoldenYggdrasil

GoldenYggdrasil New Member

I used to think that it got me higher when i first started smoking bud. But after some many times of smoking after smoking, it just barely phases me anymore, i think it's kind of like a placebo affect.

16. theblizzard2009

theblizzard2009 New Member

...stay away from those deathsticks....:weird:

17. Mushroom Man

Mushroom Man Feeling eternal..

Stole the words right out of my mouth.

I smoke cigarettes on a daily basis so it never 'brought up my high' or made me feel any higher. If I just smoked a bowl and followed it up with a cigarette I feel like my high is less 'pure' or something about it just seems dirtier. The good taste of weed is replaced with tobacco.