Smoking good or bad for anger issues?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Monsoon77, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Monsoon77

Monsoon77 Sr. Member

It takes alot for me to angry, but when i do it takes a longtime for me to cool off and i almost always do something i regret. Usually i just punch a wall or throw whatever i can get in my hand against a wall (80% of the time its my cell phone). I used to play football in high school and should have played football in college (car accident ended my career).

When i started smoking daily ive noticed that i almost never get angry and when i do i get over it really fast. When i stop smoking (when i try lower my tolerance or run out of money) ive noticed that i have a shorter fuse and i can get angry more often.

So my question is smoking good or bad for anger issues? Does anyone have similar experiences?

2. trippin

trippin New Member

Im gonna have to say it can go both ways. Ive been told I used to be one angry mother fucker even though I never believed it lol. After years of blazing it feels like I rarely get TRUELY angry and people stopped telling me I seemed angry. Of course theres always little things sometimes but whatever ;). Anger is all mental and if you can pinpoint why your angry in the first place you can usually resolve the issue yourself before making an impulse decision youll eventually regret. Smoking ganj has definately made me a more chill person.

On the other hand, nugget will for the most part enhance any mood your in (again, for the most part). That being said, its very possible that if your pretty tempered at the moment, smoking will only make you more angry. Then again, it could make you say, "Why the fuck should I be angry?

Weed has opened my mind significantly in terms of thinking. The reason Im more "chilled" is cause I took up the mentality of "Even if Im angry its not gonna change the fact that something happened. Therefore theres no reason to be angry about it." This applies to most situations, but then again if someone were to shoot my family Id be one angry bastard and kill the fucker that did it:laugh:

2 people like this.
  3. FATHERPARIS

FATHERPARIS Sr. Member

I feel the same way as you. Even if I have bud on me and I'm not smoking, I just feel better about things and I don't get angry because I know a few hits from the reef will make it funny in the end anyway. But I also notice when I'm out of bud I tend to get angry easier at stupid shit and I guess I have a "shorter fuse". Marijuana helps anger issues while you have it, but when you run out of bud your normal issues will most likely come back. You just have to deal with it until you can pick up again and fix the problem unfortunately.

2 people like this.
  4. Durden

Durden New Member

I think it's important not to depend on bud to relieve your anger every time. You gotta be able to unpissedoff yourself sober IMO.

But when I smoke I definitely feel more relaxed, tend to really analyse anything thats bothering me and often end up interpreting in a more positive way. I also tend to not care about the little things that bother me and focus on the beautiful things in life.

2 people like this.
  5. Monsoon77

Monsoon77 Sr. Member

I would have to agree with you on that, when i have bud on me im or im smoking im always happy. I see weed as a release from the everyday shit. When i smoke i dont think about the shitty things that always seem to happen to me.

6. haha_im_stoned

haha_im_stoned New Member

lol i actually 100% agree i used to fight with everyone on a daily basis mom, dad, brother and i started smoking and now i never really fight with them but when i run out of weed or money im pissed so i come on this site and post away it gets rid of my ager pretty quick haha like im mad right now because i dont have weed or money

2 people like this.
  7. ChioBam

ChioBam New Member

I can be the most calm person in the world, but when I'm high, I'm extremely calm, unless somebody does something that would anger me, in which case I get REALLY pissed for like six seconds, then I'm over it.

2 people like this.
  8. FATHERPARIS

FATHERPARIS Sr. Member

Well the thing is using weed for the purpose to escape or whatever isn't the best idea. Although I do feel a lot better when I have bud, I try to deal with the days that I don't in the same manner. Just do some things to waste time and avoid doing things that get you angry when you don't have anything to smoke. I haven't had bud in 2 days but I have been coping with the time spent easily just by doing the things I would have done even if I had weed. Things may not be as fun or enjoyable, and I may not be hungry until later in the day, and maybe I can't sleep as well, but it's not like I'm dying or in a total uncomfortable state. When I have bud I'm usually not stoned 24/7, but I enjoy a good 3 - 4 bowls during the day. Unfortunately I have no money so I have to deal with it until I can find some and pick up again. Anyway the point is, you shouldn't smoke weed to escape problems. Think of it more like an enhancement to everyday life. It can resolve a lot of issues, but at the same time it is just a more fun and enjoyable time when you're blazed.

2 people like this.
  9. Bhikku

Bhikku News Administrator

I'm usually a very "mellow" person and I repress anger for a LONG time before I'll react violently, but weed actually removes my psychological filter. I am much more likely to say something in anger stoned than I am sober, but I am less likely to get angry stoned than I am sober. If that makes sense(?)

I think smoking pot for anger management could really go both ways, depending on your individual situation. I think it could probably calm overly agitated people or people with a "short fuse," but I think it can bring a detrimental and impulsive candor to the passive-aggressives of the world...

2 people like this.
  10. ChioBam

ChioBam New Member

That's more or less the same situation with me, when I'm stoned it takes more to get me angry, but when I do get angry, I am PISSED.

4 people like this.
  11. Bhikku

Bhikku News Administrator

Exactly. I have a long fuse, but I don't just get mad when I get mad, I explode. I have to get a baseball bat and go beat the hell out of a tree or something. That's why I rarely fight, but I always win.

(So far.)

2 people like this.
  12. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

You're not going to like my answer more than likely, but I'm of the opinion that marijuana isn't for people who have no self-control....and it certainly seems like you lack self-control if you cannot reasist the urge to throw/hit things when you're mad. :shrug: i am also of the opinion its extremely irresponsible/flat out dangerous to depend on any substance for your happiness. Weed was never meant to block reality or to create false feelings. Its meant to, IMO, enhance life, not dominate it. WHen you become dependant on any drug to make you "happy" the odds of becoming psychologically dependent on it grow expotentially, and for some, psychlogical addictions are every bit as dangerous as physical addicitons.

2 people like this.
  13. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

I've said quite a few things to people after smoking that most reasonable people would regret.
    Luckily, I'm not particularly reasonable. :)

4 people like this.
  14. bluntastic_kids

bluntastic_kids New Member

weed defiently helped with my anger probalems.. like i used to get really really pissed and just break shit or get into fights and all that stuff.but that hasent happend in a really long time now...i wouldnt say the same for any other drugs though

2 people like this.