Smoking Marijuana while on Valium

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Tupie, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Tupie

Tupie New Member

Hello all I am new to these forums and just have a question about smoking marijuana while on Valium. Yesterday I was prescribed with IC Diazepam (5MG) for social anxiety. I understand people think that marijuana causes anxiety and that may be the reason for my social anxiety, but this was going on long before I started smoking weed. Currently I attend college and that is pretty much all I do, go to class, come home, watch TV, play video games. I smoke marijuana daily usually just to relieve boredom because TV/Games and everything is a lot more enjoyable while I am high.

It's not like I smoke tons of marijuana, I usually just buy a couple grams and smoke like four tiny bowls per day (I'd say I smoke around .3 grams per day, minus the weekends). So my question is, will smoking Marijuana while on Valium have any negative side effects? When I looked around the internet people said its awesome smoking while on Valium, but I am not looking to get messed up and I want to eventually cure my anxiety, will smoking while on Valium hinder my recovery?

2. 5drive

5drive Slacker

I've never been on a prescription or regular diet of any kind of tranks like valium or xanax, but I've taken small doses now and then with no problems. Personally, I'd be more concerned with the heavy tranquilizing effect from using two depressants. But everyone is different, and if it works for you....

You also may want to consider trying out vaporizing. The lower temps involved avoid most of the sedative effects you get with smoking (largely smoke byproducts like carbon monoxide and benzene, which have a sleep inducing effect), so the vapor high will leave you more alert and with more energy than with smoke. Like many others, you also may find that vaping stretches your herb supply quite a bit. After all, with smoking, you're incinerating a good portion of your herb, and not really getting the most out of it.

3. TrentO

TrentO News Contributor

I'm scripted Xanax for Anxiety. which is a faster hitting more powerful but shorter acting benzo then valium. I take My Xanny everyday and I smoke. It works wonders for Anxiety from getting high. I know people who abuse xanax and smoke weed so you will be just fine my friend. Honestly if your looking to fix anxiety issues weed makes them worse for most people. I for one get more anxiety while sober. Another tip I can give you, is try to stay away from smoking tobacco or drinking caffeine. Both of these cause you to have more anxiety. To tell the truth I smoke and drink energy drinks so yea its hard to cut rabbits. BTW be careful with taking benzos. Even taking them once a day like your doctor says, you will build a tolerance, and your doc will have to up the dose. My doc has already done this to me, and my dose now is already starting to not work. Also Benzo withdrawal is 100x worse then opiate withdrawal. If you take your Valium for months and abruptly stop it can induce seizers. So don't quit the pills without your doctors help.

3 people like this.
  4. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

i can smoke all day when im on benzos, marijuana greatly potentiates all benzos
    and you got valium! its a good benzo, try drinking your valium with 100% natural grapefruit juiice, greatly
    increases the potency by blocking the enzymes that turn the valium into inactive metabolites. cyp2d enzyme if you are interested...

5. OrangeJuiceandKush

OrangeJuiceandKush Sr. Member

I think his point was not to be tripping balls and not potentiate its affects. But thanks for the advice I'm going to get some grapefruit juice. :D :trippy:

6. TrentO

TrentO News Contributor

Becarfull with the grapefruit and benzos. If you take to many benzos while on grapefruit. I forgot the reason but it can be dangerous. Something about the benzos wont break down in the body or something. I have to google it.

7. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

exactly what i said, grapefruit juice blocks the cy3d4 enzyme. this enzyme turns xanax into inactive metabolites, that you eventually pee out and never reach your brain. if your enzymes are not able to metabolize active xanax molecules, you are left with potentially more xanax in your bloodstream thus increasing the amount crossing through the blood brain barrier causing for a stronger high or feeling. for some drugs, grapefruit juice turns the drugs into completely other drugs, such as tramadol to tri-methalytramadol and hydrocodeine to dimethalyte-hydrochlroide...these new drugs are MUCH stronger than the original, trust me :blazed:

discretion should be advised with any benzo, potentiated or not, they are serious drugs and have the worst w/d's that last forrrrr fucking ever, well much longer than any other drug

5 people like this.
  8. zappy

zappy Pondering Primate

Honestly I'm really suprised that you were so easily prescribed valium. It's an addictive drug and studies have demonstrated that it doesn't actually solve any problems in the long-term. It's merely a way of sweeping the problem under the rug. Has your doctor recommened that you take this drug every single day, or just as a means of relieving panic attacks? Taking the drug everyday for longer than two weeks will result in some nasty withdrawal symptoms - anxiety being one of the symptoms of the withdrawal. It has always seemed counterintuitive to me that an anti-anxiety drug can actually cause anxiety when taken away. :shrug:

Valium's effect on the brain is very similar to that of alcohol, however valium binds more strongly to our receptors and hence has a stronger effect. Valium binds to the samet type of receptor in your brain that alcohol binds to called a GABA receptor, so it wouldn't be all that much different to combining weed with alcohol, and a lot of people are doing that already with apparently no problems, so I imagine you will be fine.

However, as with any psychological condition you will have your best chances of recovery if you abstain from all types of drugs until you are better - weed included. To my knowledge there hasn't been much research done on the interactions between cannabis and valium. You are essentially trying to ahieve a chemical balance within you brain, and I can't see how adding weed to the mix is going to help... there are just too many unknown interactions. I'm sure when your doctor prescribed the medication he didn't add 'oh and make sure you smoke a joint alongside those pills as well...'

4 people like this.
  9. OrangeJuiceandKush

I agree for getting rid of the anxiety take one or the other you don't need both. Compounding them together is just going to get you really high. :toocool:

2 people like this.
  10. TrentO

TrentO News Contributor

Tramadol eh my g/f gets them for migraines. Might have to get me some grapefruit ha just kidding thats is off topic :p

11. OrangeJuiceandKush

90% chance your going to your medicine cabinet now. :D

4 people like this.
  12. Brad420

Brad420 Sr. Member

Valium + Weed = Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeya later buddddd

13. zonaman

zonaman New Member

eat valium every day and smoke every day for a while and you will start feelin sick and like your in a dream half the time.

you will feel as if you can't even remember what you have been doing for the last few months.

fun for a while, but it will tear you up.

14. donnachris

donnachris New Member

my mom was prescibed valium for anxiety after my 51 year old brother passed away of a heart attack. she took two of them the night that she got them and they didnt help her AT ALL.
    the next night i made an 8x8 pan of brownies with about 5 grams of bud in oil.i cut it into 4 pieces, then cut one of the pieces into four pieces and instructed her to eat one piece and wait half an hour if she didnt feel better eat another piece. after the second piece she was calmed down and was able to go to sleep and she said she got the best nights sleep she had gotten in years.

2 people like this.
  15. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

i have great respect for trams. it induced my first seizure ever, yet i still jones' for my trams from time to time...be very careful with this drug, and it is advised that you take an anti-convulsant such as klonopin or valium along with trams...xanax is fun, but does not work the best to combat seizures...

16. OrangeJuiceandKush

You make it seem like you get seizures all the time from drugs :umm: :D. If a drug has a chance to give me a seizure I usually pass :p. Xanax is like getting punched in the face or being black out drunk you don't remember anything something I don't particularly enjoy.

17. laCster

laCster Sr. Member

nope hopefully that was my first, only, and last....
    but klonopin + tagamet + alcohol + weed = sex!