Smoking on an empty stomach

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by SmokeyDaBear, Sep 19, 2002.

1. SmokeyDaBear

SmokeyDaBear New Member

I've heard on several occassions that the high is intensified if you smoke on an empty stomach as opposed to smoking after a meal just as with alcohol. Is this actually true? I find it hard to believe...
  2. SmokerForPeace

SmokerForPeace Jr. Activist

I dont think this is true at all. To gone to type why. Instinct, all instinct. Innate Behavior.
  3. Panama

Panama Seasoned Activist

Thread Moved

To the Chemical and Physiological forum.
  4. kismetPPP

kismetPPP New Member

If you think about it, alcohol works that way because you take it into your stomach. No food to slow it down, faster and bigger intoxication. Weed pri wouldn't work this way because you take it into your lungs, so it wouldn't matter whether you have food in your stomach or not.
  5. Hensonic_Boom

Hensonic_Boom New Member

the way i see it, there are two necessities to live (there are more, but they don't concern this discussion): air, and food. if you're going to drink on an empty stomach, you won't need as much alcohol. pretty much anyone can tell you this. i'm guessing weed is the same way, but with air. though it may not be too good for you, i've tried to hold my breath for a bit until i need to take a breath, but instead of giving my body some nice fresh air, i take a big hit off of my hookah. essentially you restrict some oxygen to your brain and since mj affects the brain, it seemed to get me higher. i don't think i'm going to do it again, but i think that's how it works. then again, i don't know what i'm talking about...
  6. atucker20

atucker20 New Member

Well from what I've noticed it's better at least for me, to smoke after I have eaten a little. But that's only if I am starving do I eat before I smoke. Usually I get alot higher on an empty stomach regardless of what science says.
  7. propaghandi

propaghandi Guest

I think that smoking on an empty stomach does intensify the psychoactive effects. When you eat a lot of blood/energy goes to your entire digestive system like stomach and intestines. The more blood and energy going to the digestion of food the less blood there is in the brain. When there is more blood in the brain more of the cells are active and more THC is carried in by the bloodstream and more energy is put to thought processes.
  8. becci

becci New Member

Wow, this is an old thread. Smoking weed when I haven't eaten usually makes me feel sick and dizzy, but I guess that's just because one of my friends say smoking when you havent eaten makes you pull a whitey (what do americans call this by the way? when you get sick from smoking weed). Reading this thread has made me feel more confident about the smoking on an empty stomach situation, though, so I'm going to go ahead and do it :D