smoking out of a tobacco pipe

Discussion in 'Hand Pipes' started by ohboy21, Mar 9, 2007.

1. ohboy21

ohboy21 New Member

im hoping to smoke next weekend, and this may sound a little silyl but i wanna use a traditional tobacco pipe. As anyome ever used one, was it a good high and whatnot?

2. vern

vern Sr. Member

My buddy brought about 6 grams back from amsterdam. The bud was pretty dry and he bought a wooden tobacco pipe. If the first bowl of (so called) purple haze didn't send me to the sky the second bowl most definitely did. The only thing I can think of would be the taste. Has it been used before? I'm pretty sure my buddy only smoked weed out of his pipe.

3. Hookahs

Hookahs Banned

Yea, it's cool to use it. I had a friend back in high school who used to use one, it was pretty cool, had a very deep bowl, very cool design. If you don't like to smoke your weed with tobacco ( I don't - but some do :shrugs: ), whatever you do, don't put tobacco in it and then try to smoke weed thru it. We did a long time ago, I thought it ruined the pipe and had to be totally cleaned out.

4. Darque Pervert

Darque Pervert Jive Honkey

If the tobacco pipe has been used for tobacco previously, I would clean it out before packing any bud into it... Unless, of course, you like the taste of the tobacco.
    In the UK, it's common to mix weed & tobacco. Personally, I think it's foul.

Also, if this is someone else's pipe, I suggest cleaning it thoroughly after you're done. You don't want your dad (or uncle or cousin or grandpa or whoever) figuring out that you're using his pipes to smoke pot.

Also, I wouldn't use it for pot very much if it's not yours. Weed leaves a residue of tar that is obvious to anyone who knows. This builds up over time, so if you use the pipe often, it'll get nasty and reek of pot tar.

You really out to get your own bowl. Little brass/aluminum pipes can be purchased for a few bucks at a headshop anywhere.

5. Sofa King

Sofa King It's Good to be the KING.

The very first pipe I ever used was a little Corn Cobb pipe I bought at Thrifty(Rite Aid) many many many years ago. I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere.

6. drOnly

drOnly its blunt o'clock

one of my first pipes was an old tobacco pipe i found at my grandpas house. i cleaned it out and it worked really good for not having a carb and all. it held about 2 grams of bud to and seemed to stay cherried forever. i havent used it a few years tho seeing how i upgraded to glass.

7. Jake

Jake Sr. Member

I've used a tobacco pipe a bunch of times...it hits just like a wooden pipe with no carb.

The only thing to worry about is if tobacco was smoked in it before.

8. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

The problem most of the time with smoking weed from a tobacco pipe is that the resin clogs it up almost immediately. The other problem is that in most decent pipes, there is a filter in the stem of it. Dont know if that would be good or bad for the filtering part, but Im sure it inhibits a smooth, easy hit.

EDIT: On a side note, I have smoked weed out of a tobacco pipe that had been used. :vomit:

9. SmokeyMcPott

SmokeyMcPott **********

I have a tobacco pipe that I bought at my local renaissance festival, and I've smoked weed out of it before. Be sure you're planning to smoke a lot out of it though because it holds a shitload of weed an it's kinda hard to get it going evenly when it's not filled up. As others have said, the tobacco resin/taste can be nasty if you don't like it or smoke it, and there is no carb. If you've got a bag of mids or regs that didn't cost you too much, load that shit up and toke it down. I wouldn't advise it for good expensive weed though. It wastes a lot.

10. bucnasty187

bucnasty187 New Member

i thought aluminum was unsafe. is it coated with sumthing or what?

11. fuzzyninja

fuzzyninja Lounge Lizard

I use one of these. It hits fine, just gets real nasty real fast. The filtering thing is nice if it's clean, but it gets clogged and you start getting liquidy res in your mouth. :puker:

12. specialK369

specialK369 New Member

I still have mine. Had it for about 2 years now. Its name is Sherlock, and it has been my friend through the hardest of times. But I might suggest cleaning it out with mouth wash, we did it to mine and it makes every hit minty. :D

13. photonut13

photonut13 New Member

I have seen the Friendly Stranger in toronto selling tobbaco or as they call them "traditional pipes" so I imagine it must be ok

14. Dank Perception

Dank Perception 4TheLULZ!

I love my sherlock wooden tobacco pipe. I've smoked out of it over 50 times for sure, and yet has it clogged. Because it has a different hole, on a different position, and the mouth piece is smaller than most pipes, which makes for a definite smoother hit, and less coughing. The taste is great, and always will be. It was previously smoked with only pipe tobacco, vanilla flavored and cherry.

15. purplebuffalo

purplebuffalo New Member

My thoughts exactly dank. Tobacco pipes stay cherried for mad long becasue of the depth and that means they're awsome for outdoors (wind). They smoke smoothly and often have cool designs (mine was an indian head). the only drawback is that they have to be used with a substancial amount, if your jsut trying to burn a little it wont do b/c of the depth and positioning of the stem hole.