Smoking peppermint tea?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by prorathack10, Jun 13, 2009.

1. prorathack10

prorathack10 New Member

Is mint leaves and tea the same thing?
    What happens when you smoke mint tea?
    What are its effects when mixed with tobacco? and with weed?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. willowmp

willowmp New Member

Mint tea would be a blend of tea leaves mint leaves and probably other stuff. Mint on the other hand is only mint. I have smoked dried spearmint quite a few times and enjoyed the flavor. I also found it to be a very good aphrodisiac, gave me quite a boner to my surprise lol.
  3. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Mint leaves are great for adding to spliffs, or for Hash. :)
  4. BudSmoker92

BudSmoker92 Sr. Member

Im thinking of buying some mint to mix with...I tired mixing water and Listerine in my bong and now it has a rotten mint taste..its gross
  5. k1ngTHC

k1ngTHC New Member

It sounds delicious
  6. potboy

potboy New Member

Salvia is actually in the mint family and I have found that it assists joints burning very well. You don't really trip out or anything but it will give you a buzz.
  7. Ska

Ska Sr. Member

Bleh salvia has a not so great taste compared to weed

Always keep them seperate
  8. givermcliam

givermcliam New Member

Woop

Definatly, btw LOVE the quote G.P.G.D.S. is the muthafucking shit!!!! boogey on!!
  9. cuddlyheadcrab

cuddlyheadcrab New Member

I've been smoking mint (homegrown and the dried leaves in teabags) for a couple months now and have noticed a few things:

- The smoke is pretty minty and light
    - ^For that effect smoke with a small bowl or pipe
    - Peppermint Extract, which is peppermint-oil-infused ethanol, can be added to leaves to give a stronger "mint" flavor, and make the material more flammable
    - ^That can also be done to add more menthol to the material, which hypothetically can get you buzzed

There are also a number of ways i prepare mint for smoking:
    - Peppermint leaves from peppermint teabags. Check ingredients label. Should just say "Peppermint" or something
    - Dried, crushed, homegrown leaves.
    - Sometimes i use dry-ish but flexible whole leaves (and roll inside a joint)
    - As I said, peppermint extract can be added to the crushed mixtures for a number of benefits

For joints you can use whole leaves, crushed homegrown, and teabag-leaves with exctract added.
    Without the exctract, the dried and powdery tea leaves don't smoke very well.
    For a pipe or small bowl you can actually use fresh leaves or partially dried leaves. Very tasty. Everything else goes.

I've noticed that in a joint made of mint, the resin/oils/methols build up at the roach and, while pretty ter and strong, can give me a good buzz.

My idea on how i get a buzz:
    The menthols you breathe in via smoking, are absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. The menthol is what give that cooling feeling in mint flavors. I believe that menthols in the bloodstream give a strong buzz/"calming" feeling. However, the reason that drinking mint tea doesn't get you buzzed, is that the menthols are filtered through the liver, and not passed directly to the bloodstream via the lungs. Imagine that cooling minty sensation affecting your body through your blood! :D
    Still though, when I smoke mint through a pipe or first light up a joint, it's not very strong and doesn't get me buzzed. The times when I get buzzed are when I am finishing a joint and it's down to the roach, where all the peppermint oils are concentrated. It does not take very long for a lungful to start affecting you, so if you try this, go cautiously at first. You don't wanna pass out and then explain it was from mint leaves.

Anyways, I hope someone finds this useful. I've been testing the effects of smoking mint for months now and I'm enjoying it ;D.

Long story short;
    Mint leaves alone, smoked = light flavor
    Extracts, oils, concentrated shit = niiiice buzz
  10. shenevercomplains

shenevercomplains New Member

We smoked mint roll ups once in my friend's shed, wasn't the nicest experience, best, most trusty and the most effective combo = marijuana + tobacco!
  11. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

I make mint tea alot..I go out in the summer and harvest alot of mint..dry it out and make mint tea with it....

And if you add a tad of mint to your coffee, it gives you a nice minty flavor with your coffee..

I have never thought about smoking it tho..
  12. 1956

1956 Sr. Member

This is a marijuana forum, not a mint forum.
  13. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

You could subscribe to mint afficianato magazine..
  14. Grass-Smoka

Grass-Smoka 303% Acid

Hahhaa I was laughing so hard when reading the posts in this thread. Oh my.. Haha
  15. cuddlyheadcrab

cuddlyheadcrab New Member

I don't have enough money to get out of my basement and buy weed...

Forever not-stoned.