Smoking resin....

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by PeaceInChickenGrease, Aug 6, 2009.

1. i have been outta smoke for a couple of weeks now. last night i finally broke down and scraped my pipe and smoked the resin. while i was smoking the resin i was wondering what was going on in my lungs while i did it, and if my lungs are coated in resin???
    how do other smokers feel about it?

to clarify....are my lungs coated with resin like the pipe is, (ive been smoking for about 4 yrs now)?
    AND is smoking resin even worse for a persons lungs than just smokin the reefer?

2. rich420

rich420 New Member

What are you trying to ask? Are you trying to ask if lungs get covered with resin?

3. Juank

Juank Sr. Member

The resin you scraped out of your pipes is basically just tar. I would never smoke it, and I actually clean my pipes very often. My opinion is that t's pretty gross and kind of fiendish, but that opinion isn't shared with everyone. You won't die or anything, but it's less healthy than just smoking the bud.

2 people like this.
  4. locket

locket Oodalolly

I share your opinion. Even if I could never get my hands on bud ever again, I would NEVER scrape my bowl to smoke the resin. Very gross, very fiendish.

2 people like this.
  5. Juank

Juank Sr. Member

Yeah, neither would I. I tried it once when I just started smoking; I took one hit and then threw that junk out. It tastes terrible, and makes me feel like a drug addict. I don't even let it accumulate in my pipes any more.

6. $moKeDanK

$moKeDanK Sr. Member

i dont mind smoking resin every once in a while. i remember like a year and a half ago my friends scrapped my friend kellys bong and had a shitload of resin and they started taking knife hits of big ass chunks of resin. it was just so disgusting. they were askign em why i wouldnt do it and i jsut couldnt that was too much. the apartment smelled like shit for hours

7. jmhereiam

jmhereiam New Member

I have to be really desperate. I always save any joints (if Im somewhere where I can put them in something) if I don't smoke them all the way down. That away if I hit a bad dry spell I can usually pull that out and smoke it. I've tried something new actually that I don't know quite sure if it was just in my head or if it worked as well as I thought, but I only had a little bit of weed reg weed, not enough to vape and get anything worthwhile, and didn't wanna smoke it in my pipe, so I just rolled a joint with the little bit of weed I had at the tip and then filled the rest with vaped weed and then a filter at the end i put in. It seemed like as I smoked the regular weed it added resin to the vaped weed and gave them a little more of a kick and made it worth the time lol.

8. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Cannabis resin is the stuff in the buds that gets you high. Pipe scrapings are not cannabis resin. They're a combination of some cannabis resin with a lot of partially burned combustion byproducts - tars and other carcinogens. Smoking it will get you high and poison you - just a little.

One of the beautiful things about vaping is that the stuff left behind in your pieces is pure cannabis resin.

7 people like this.
  9. Ska

Ska Sr. Member

I just smoked some REAL vaped resin for the first time a few hours ago and was goneeeeeeee

10. emuhhleee

emuhhleee emtard smash!

i can't say i'm a fiener, i just have a very, very,very low budget. bud is better, & of course, i'd pick it over resin, but resin does get me high. i don't smoke it unless i am incredibly desperate. it's usually at night too, because i like to sleep when i get high.

11. Beela

Beela New Member

when i was younger i used to save resin til i had enough for a resin blunt.its nasty as shit but gets you way zooted.i still do it from time to time, i feel like a complete crackhead when doing so........

12. WolfGang Paco

WolfGang Paco Sr. Member

Listen, every time you buy some weed, take one bud, and put it in your stash. Do this every time. Don't smoke it till you hit a big drought. And by that time, I usually have around half an ounce. Little like recycling.

13. LRdank22

LRdank22 New Member

I hate hate when it goes threw your pipe and into your mouth

14. KushBandit

KushBandit New Member

I know what you mean. I used to scrape resin out with my knife and felt like a heroin addict or something.

15. Aussie420

Aussie420 New Member

I'ld have to guess no, Just a guess though. I used to smoke this shit alot a couple of months ago.. It did nothing bad to me, It gives a weird high.. When I smoke I would trip and the smoke would go blue, It's different but not bad imho. When you run out of Weed and you're bored and know you will be for a long time it's hard not to, Anyone who hasn't tried it when in desperate times is a legend.

Man I'm so baked.. haha

16. jwnich93

jwnich93 New Member

when i have toked my bag empty i will usually scrape my bowl, or smoke some roaches. but after hearing what some of these guys have said about resin i might stop.

17. Frid

Frid New Member

I smoke the pure resin out of my vape. MMMM gets ya little baked

18. teyber

teyber New Member

Well its gross but thats basically what hash is. I only do it if im home alone for a good time and have nothing to smoke and am bored. Don't do it often and im sure you will be fine

19. Zebra

Zebra New Member

Resin is bad for you, but I smoke it when my stash is completely out. It's really just my back up, but it gets you super high for like one hour.

20. Tweakedoutt

Tweakedoutt New Member

I smoke it when im out of bud, and my pipe is coated.
    its a last resort, nothing else

:bong2: