Smoking Stones

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by lookhappy, Feb 9, 2009.

1. lookhappy

lookhappy New Member

So I just recently found out what a smoking stone was. For anyone that has one one, do they work well? (ie. hold your j/blunt well, make it that much better, easy to use, etc.)

For those of you who don't know what they are, (which I didn't about a half hour ago), its a piece of (usually) glass, about an inch or two long, that you put your joint or blunt into and then smoke from the other end to prevent burning your fingers and ruining it from moisture from your lips.

Basically, are they worth buying for someone who smokes joints?

2. sub_graf

sub_graf Sr. Member

I've got one and I never use it. It works, I just prefer using my hemostats when I smoke a joint (which isn't that often).

3. rich420

rich420 New Member

In other words, a roach clip. I wouldn't buy one when it's easy to make one.

4. marijuanavillle7

marijuanavillle7 New Member

Why don't you just get some small aligator clips at a hardware store for roach clips? I have done what your describing before with a bong but not a hand piece.

5. I had a couple many years ago and like them.

6. FunkySkunky

FunkySkunky Gentille, allouette

Stones are really good for blunts because the cool stone makes the smoke less harsh when the blunt gets short. Joints are better with clips. Stones are a good investment if you smoke blunts often.

7. Lateralus13

Lateralus13 New Member

my friend rolls joints and puts a small roll of thicker index card paper at the end. it lets youu hold it with out burning and it also helps to hold the joint nice and tight. its a really good alternative. ive done it a few times myself too and it works. so thats another good way. if you wanna know how to do it just pm me or everlong2019 im sure he wouldnt mind showing you how either

8. tdlex420

tdlex420 Sr. Member

I have one that I rarely use, since I don't smoke many J's but when I do it is very useful. Although like someone else pointed out it is easy enough to make a roach clip on your own. If you don't mind spending the money on one, and you smoke a lot of J's or blunts then it would be a good investment. The one I have is sort of a flat round stone that is about an inch from end to end and it does seem to help cool the smoke a bit. Another good thing about it is the fact that if you use it enough you will get a decent build up of resin and you can push it out and smoke it if you like smoking it.

9. devinpaul

devinpaul New Member

do you know what the search term is for this item? my brother had one and i thought i was the perfect accessory for a person who loves to smoke joints, which I have become. but i can't find anyone who sells them. help?
    sauce?
    thanks.

10. High-Fi

High-Fi New Member

One of my biggest pet peeves with joints and blunts is dealing with roaches. So anything that helps me not burn my fingers or whatever is good to me!