Sore throat from smoking

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Cynne, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Cynne

Cynne New Member

Hello peeps. I've come seeking advice from you knowledgeable group of advocates. I've been smoking since my teens for the last ten years or so. A few years ago, I got a lot more hardcore with smoking joints every day, and as a result really hurt my throat, though the people I smoked with never had any similar side effects. So to stop this I bought myself a Volcano vaporizer. It was totally worth it, and things got a lot better, until very recently. In late March I found my throat was again bothering me. At this point I was hitting the vaporizer about twice a day. Now here's the thing. A sore throat isn't that much to complain about, but I have a hiatal hernia (part of the stomach protrudes up into the throat) , which causes me to have a lot of heartburn (I take 2 pills daily to reduce the acid content of m stomach and does a decent job of stopping my heartburn) and predisposes me to esophagus cancer, and cancer freaks me right out. So I basically stopped regularly smoking. Since late March I've hit the bag twice, and I turned the heat down to like a 5 on the volcano. Each time my throat was worst the next morning, though it didn't seem so bad when I was actually smoking, but even now as I write this my throat is a bit sore and it's been almost a week since I smoked. As well there are small bumps I can feel on the soft part of my mouth when I make my tongue feel as far back as it can. So I've basically concluded that I burnt my throat with the Volcano, but I don't know what I should do about it, I mean I want to keep smoking, but damaging my throat is a serious no-no. How long do these things take to heal? What alternatives do I have to keep getting high without hurting my throat (besides eating the pot)?

Anyway, I know that's a lot to read, sorry about that, but I wanted to be thorough. Any information that you can provide would be appreciated.
    Thanks