Sour Diesel Review w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by kushman80, Jan 5, 2010.

1. kushman80

kushman80 New Member

I originally wrote this review for marijuanareviews but seeing that they didn't post it, I thought I would post it here so that all may see.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sour Diesel

Rating: 9.5*
    Type: Sativa
    Price: $55/8th
    Looks: Dense compact nugs covered in trichomes, I mean COVERED IN TRICHOMES. The nugs would stick to your fingers almost like glue; I had to break the nugs up with very sharp scissors. Light green nugs with red/brown hairs all through out. I got high just looking at these gorgeous buds.
    Smell: The smell was unique, it kind of smelled like a mix of sour skittles and fuel. Right as I opened the bag the smell hit me immediately and it tingled my nostrils.
    Taste: Same as the smell, very sour taste with a tiny hint of fruit on exhale. The taste lingers in your mouth even after eating.
    Buzz Type: Immediately after the first hit you feel your head start to become warm and fuzzy. Very energetic, uplifting high that came with some serious munchies! Smoking more only enhanced the high by making my head even warmer and even fuzzier. A great strain to have at a party.
    Buzz Length: Long. 2.5 hours. No come down what so ever. I didn't feel burnt out after the high wore off and I was able to function normally throughout the rest of the day.
    Overall: After one bong packing I was RIPPED. The high itself came on very fast. The first rip you take gets you slightly high, the second rip you take you become stoned and after a you finish the bowl you feel like a slice of butter... melting over a... big ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah. I'm usually a huge fan of indica strains but Sour Diesel has made me a sativa lover. I hope that more sativas like this come my way.

*Based off of Gummy's Kush Rating System
    (On a scale of 1-10, 1 being utter shit aka dirt weed and 10 being CC Winner Grade aka Lemon Haze)

Pictures: The amount of trichomes on this bud is not shown to its full extent in these pics. That is due to the fact I took these pictures on my Motorola Droid with the focus set to Macro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lucid

Lucid New Member

Three thumbs up.
    Higher quality pictures would be cool :D

3. MagicBuddha714

MagicBuddha714 New Member

Oh god that looks delicious! Great review...Sour Diesel is one of my favorite strain to smoke.

4. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

mmm makes me long for the days when i had a quarter of this stuff

5. newpotmoker

newpotmoker New Member

nice job man i think just about everyone that has smoked sour D loves it! i know i did :p

toke on

6. OldTimeToker

OldTimeToker Sr. Member

Sour D is one of my favorites. I love the smell and taste!

The high is amazing..superior to most bud.

7. miSS Real

miSS Real New Member

Oh how I love Sour D...I haven't had it in a while but I always get my hands on it when it comes around. great review [:

8. Hephner oF course

Hephner oF course New Member

9. Toxik

Toxik New Member

I just got some Sour D today, so expensive though :( It will probably be well worth it.

10. Zebra

Zebra New Member

Very good weed. I remember when I got sour diesel there were spots on the weed that were so overwhelmed with trichomes, that it was bright brownish like hash.

11. Dank Rank

Dank Rank New Member

Firs sour D

Ya sour D is some good shit. I tried it just the other day. Used .8 Gs and got baked took like ten tokes then I started seeing thing. Very good quality cronic but it's a little pricey if u got a tight budget. But trust everyone on this thread when they say how dank it is

12. KittenPower420

KittenPower420 New Member

who doesn't love Sour D? It's pretty high up there on my list of favorite strains.

13. GREENFOODGAMES

GREENFOODGAMES I LOVE WEED

Sour diesel is sweet shit dude welcome aboard

14. Love4TheNugg

Love4TheNugg NorCal MushroomCloud

Dude, great review and some even better looking weed.

I tried some Sour D awhile back and it was pretty good, I gotta say though, yours looks much better.

L4TN

15. Marsh™

Marsh™ New Member

Orgasm.

16. gnjisthbst

gnjisthbst New Member

DANK, just an FYI, i totally stole your review outline...cause ive got all these pics of all the strains ive picked up recently...so now...i shall write reviews and put them here hahahahah

17. Pepe Silvia

Pepe Silvia New Member

Best weed I've ever smoked, I love SD. I've only got it once though, Maine doesn't see good strains very often. My dealer was talking to me the other day though and said he got a text from his dealer offering him $100 an ounce for some. By the time he replied to the text one of the guys other dealers got it. I would text as fast as possible if someone offered me a deal like that. But hopefully other people have some and I can pick some up again!

18. buddlydoright

buddlydoright New Member

I as well. I had some a little while ago and don't get me wrong it was mighty mighty good but his just looks like its wet with trichomes.