Space case

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by ADIDAS, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

Where to buy a SPACE CASE Crystal Catcher Grinder

I was just wondering if anyone knew where the best place to buy a Space Case Crystal Catcher Grinder. By best I mean cheap but guarentee I'll get it. Comments on how you lke your Space Case Grinder are also appreciated.

Thanks,
    ADIDAS
  2. BongMan420

BongMan420 Active Member

They have a few stores over here that have them, most noteably a store called Flavor in Tampa, Florida. They also have them sometimes at 24:20 in Clearwater, but they sell out quick.

Flavor has them stacked to the ceiling though, (authentic Space Case grinders) and has the best prices on them. I could get you the address- you could look it up on MapQuest or something

Don't buy stuff over the internet because it could say SpaceCase in the picture and be something else when it arrives.
  3. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

Thanks TC I would appreciate it if you could get me that address.
  4. BongMan420

BongMan420 Active Member

Those guys might even have a website hold on... If not I'll post the address as soon as I can get it (I'm at work)
  5. anonymity

anonymity New Member

I have to recommend that you don't order a cheap one over the internet. I have one of those, and I'm definitely not completely satisfied. It certainly catches crystals, and it produces a decent amount of kief, but a lot of it just ends up stuck in the grooves, on the edges of the bottom of the screen, or on the rim of the bottom piece.

I hope that this kind of stuff happens on Space Case grinders too, can anyone attest to it?

I only paid $20 including shipping. For an authentic Space Case, I'd be paying at least double that, maybe even triple or quadruple depending on where I get it, and I'm not sure if it would be worth the money.
  6. BongMan420

BongMan420 Active Member

Kif still sticks to the bottom of the screen and in the grooves, but it's easily removed with a little hobby paintbrush. Actually, it can save you in a pinch because you can 'dust' your grinder in a time of need. I clean mine all the time.

They are worth the money for the guarantee that they are the real deal and what all the hype is about. Sometimes you can get lucky. But I know A LOT of people who didn't get so lucky :(
  7. anonymity

anonymity New Member

Oh, if that's happening to you too then I'm going to have to say I'm very happy with my purchase. Ebay has a lot of legit vendors, and if anyone is interested in a link to the one I used I'll be glad to provide it. He delivered a product that is apparently pretty identical in function to the Space Case, just without the Space Case logo or styling on it.

Do you ever find yourself checking on the kief production...a little too much? Maybe it's just me, but I can barely go a day without checking on the kief tray and scraping it all into a pile in the corner. Then I grab a playing card (although I can imagine the brush you're talking about, and that would work much better) and scrape out all the kief that's stuck in the grooves on a magazine. Then I put that back in the main tray, and close it all up. Almost every night. I can't stop, I'm addicting to kief spotting.
  8. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I do that quite a bit. Not daily, but every few days. I never scrap up the kief until I'm ready to use it, though. :D
  9. if a grinder extracts most of the crystals from the, does it make the weed less potent?
  10. Yaznaki

Yaznaki New Member

it doesn't extract them, it collects whatever falls off when breaking the buds up.. it's the dust that's left behind when ya break some up in a tray, or anywhere else. Technically yes, the weed would be less potent, but if you are breaking it up in the first place, most that stuff is gonna fall off and be lost anyways. With a grinder a kief collector, it's not lost.
  11. ADIDAS

ADIDAS Represent. KY

12. Yaznaki

Yaznaki New Member

You will be most pleased Adidas :D

offa a QP you should get around an eigth or so of kief, probably more, if it's decent enough brickweed.
  13. kriptonchronic

kriptonchronic New Member

thats awesome! Write a review of it or something once you get it/use it. I'd really like to hear how it is because I'm thinking about getting one myself.
  14. BongMan420

BongMan420 Active Member

Review? Dude if I have to rep SpaceCase one more time off of a stickied thread I'm going to go crazy.

Just get one man, don't skimp out and buy a knockoff. Get the real deal, get a SpaceCase- and be amazed. That's all there is to it.

I've smoked for 7 years and a SpaceCase is the best investment I've ever made on a smoking utensil. It paid for itself and then it gives me free kif in times of need. Instead of roaches or resin, I'm smoking kif at the end of my bag. Yes, with a SpaceCase you might actually look forward to running out of pot. Like me.

Is that good enough? :rolleyes: ;) :D
  15. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

I went over my stepbro's tonight to smoke a couple, and when I got there he showed me the new grinder that he bought from the gas station. I looked at it and said it looked pretty identical to a space case(with the screen, magnetic sides and wut not..)but I wasn't sure if it was, because the only space cases' I've seen were straight silver in color, and he said they had a bunch with pictures on the side, like an 8 ball, smiley face, etc.

Anyone know if this is a real space case or a cheap knock off?
  16. does it matter? If they do the same thing

peace,

smokin
  17. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

I don't know if it works just as good. I've never owned a space case and I don't know how good this screen works, etc. I'm sure it's not much diffferent if any...
  18. BubbsGarcia

BubbsGarcia Sr. Member

its probablly a knock off because those space cases with grinders, sifters and presses can cost around 75 bucks. i doubt you will find anything of that quality at the gas station. but as smokin said, itll probablly work just fine.
  19. Dark

Dark Fool on the Hill

75? Wow I don't know where you saw it that much..online everywhere I've looked it's basically only been UP to 50...and thats for the large. The small is 35ish..but I don't know what size his was..
    Even though, the one he got was $20 and if not spacecase, it looked very legit

EDIT: heh..wait i fucked up..this is a different kind lol
    woops
  20. BubbsGarcia

BubbsGarcia Sr. Member