Sparkly weed?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by kpaq, Jul 30, 2009.

1. kpaq

kpaq New Member

So, I've bought two separate bags from different people (could be the same strain) and something very weird is happening... The weed sparks! Even after I'm done roasting it, small sparks still come out of the bowl. I've been smoking for a few years, and the high and taste definitely don't seem laced. Could it just be moist? One of the bag's name was supposedly 'Lemon Drop', could that mean it was sprayed with some sort of juice?

Thanks!
  2. UpInFlames

UpInFlames Sr. Member

I don't think the weed had anything to do with it, I think your bowl just wasn't put out.
  3. xM1DN1GHT T0K3R

xM1DN1GHT T0K3R New Member

I think that some of the flint from your lighter dropped into it, that would do it
  4. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

Within the last two months I've seen weed that was laced, it was very subtle but that would describe it when it burns, it looked like iron filings or magnesium burning slowly in the way that it burned. I found out later that it had been sprayed lightly with some sort of sugar solution, needless to say the suppliers phone number was deleted.
  5. Massimo15

Massimo15 New Member

Myabe the trichomes are sparking?
  6. Buds_Of_Steele

Buds_Of_Steele Your Undisputed Disputer

It's definitely not this but it was my first thought: the dust that comes off sparklers

haha im stupid, the only real thing i could thing is that the bud isn't completely dry because when you hold a flame to a living plant at first it makes the flame curve around it a bit and the flame will act weird and spark so thats my explanation
  7. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Weed that sparks is usually weed from which the chemical fertilizers have not been leached before it's harvested. Growers who know what they're doing stop fertilizing a week before harvest and flush the plants with pure water to remove internal fertilizer residue, which can give the smoke a harsh "chemical" taste.
    4 people like this.
  8. IMWylde

IMWylde New Member

this is correct and likely the root of your problem.