Stainless Steel adds Sex Appeal

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by cabriosnap, Nov 25, 2012.

1. cabriosnap

cabriosnap Not Man, Merely a Machine

as some of you on the site know, i am a welder/fabricator by trade. i have been getting pretty bored at work on my free time....so i have been getting creative. allow me to introduce my latest work

[​IMG]
    CD case is used to show size

[​IMG]
    My smallest piece, we call him "short stack" nothing too fancy. 19 inches in length, 1.5 inch pipe, 3.5 inch base, flat style perk downstem (12 fin)

[​IMG]
    This was my first piece, we call it "scrappy". 26 inches (2 ft 2 inch), 1.5 inch pipe, ice catcher, 4.5 inch base, natural style Perk downstem (12 fin)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is my largest piece, named (straight pipe) or (the big guy). stands 28 inches (2 ft 4 inch), 2 inch pipe, 5x5inch base, 2.5-2inch tapered base, slant stem perk downstem (10 fin)

AAAAND, here is my pride and joy....i put a lot of time, effort, and design into this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This bad boy is my favorite one, i call him (scrappy) or (the decepticon). sits 26 inches (2 ft 2 inch), base pipe is 2 inch, has a step down to 1.5 inch pipe using sanitary gaskets and butterfly clamps. custom stretch steel ice catcher in the 2 inch base, slant downtube to flat perk (20 fin). you can hit the 2 inch bottom piece alone, the full 3 piece with extension, or you can flip the extension to hit it on the couch, laying back, or whatever. 5x5 inch base plate....

everything is purge welded, meaning it is 100% sanitary and seamless. easy to clean, easy to hit, and there all just lovely in my opinion. anywho, any questions or comments please feel free to ask :p

enjoy and happy toking

2 people like this.
  2. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

Welcome back, cab! Sorry there's nothing much to come back too..

Awesome pieces, man. Very industrial looking. Those could go unnoticed in nearly any shop that deals with metal. Mechanics, fencers, metal fabricators, etc.. They're like stealth bongs for the work shop..

3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

But you can't see the smoke! I want to be able to see when the stack is filled, so I can exhale and then clear it. Portholes, maybe??

Stainless is easy to clean, inexpensive, and far less breakable than glass. I'd build one with a coil of flexible tubing inside that could be hooked up to a recirculating ice water supply - if I knew how to do what you do.

4. vvicked0471

vvicked0471 Super mod

Good idea on the ice water supply buzz, that way the ice in the catcher doesn't melt and raise the water level. Not sure the portholes are a big deal for me. After a bit I'm sure you would get used to how long to pull and when to clear it. Though, I'll admit, there is something almost mesmerizing about watching the smoke waft up as you fill the bong..

5. cabriosnap

its funny you say that buzzby, because not seeing my hit has been the only downfall to this piece. i am working on a (sight tube) design right now for the last 6 inches-foot of draw pipe. we use a plastic tubing at work on tanks called (level gauges) which like the name starts shows the level of liquid in a tank. trying to get that to work for me on the next piece. i jet bored at work at times, and i made these will all scrap material that have been cut off of tanks or damaged in some small way. the nice thing about these pieces is the mouthpieces on all of them are (tc fittings). if i have enought clamps, gaskets, and reducers i can make any and all finds of extension and add on pieces for each bong. i sometimes take the tube off scrappy and add it to the big goy maadding another foot and a half to the piece...i should make some clear extension pieces. i am working on a tripple perk tube jumper style piece right now wher eacy park is stainless, the jumper hoses are all clear, and will use a hookah line foor the hitting end. should be pretty sweet once its done. glad ya'lkll like it so far. i

6. Bud Is good

Bud Is good Resident non smoker

LOL..Who welded that?

Most of the welding is not bad..The bases look great.

Make me a carbon fiber one..LOL

Why do these remind me of my exhaust,LOL?

7. cabriosnap

sup bud. i threw these together at work, so 2 of the pieces welds are pretty trashy...2 of them are fully polished and have some nice beads about them. when you purge weld you get a lot more brown and gray coloring in your weld. making them look like a dirty or hot weld, when really these where all done at about 55 amps....damn cold for stainless usually. i actually got asked about one piece at work, told them it was an exhaust section for my rx7 hahaha! :p

8. Bud Is good

Ummmmm You bought an fd rx7 what???????

If you do stainless at work..Make me some IC pipes for my stock ic..Possibly going to supra smic

9. cabriosnap

hell no, i am completely modifying my FB rx7. the jetta is gone...moving on to my rabbit on the vw front

the 7 is getting a full 86 stang 302 with a LOT of mods....t-56 6 speed swap, ford 8.8 rear end with 3 link, front tube frame with a mutt of front suspension parts, full fiberglass/carbon front clip, 6 point cage, twin stage nitrous wet injection....and lots more ;) i have opened my own shop, so I'm goin a lil crazy these days.

I specialize in Stainless construction ;) but can do mild, aluminum, copper, and various other alloys

i would look into aluminum for intercooler pipe. stainless works fine but weighs a tid bit more and doesn't shed heat as well

10. Bud Is good

Well dude I love to support small buisnesses..You got any dsm buddies you could borrow there stock piping and make me IC pipes?
    In aluminum.

I got a buddy that going to do custom end tanks on my supra smic..ITs going to be 2.5 piping to go with the IC..I have my Ic sprayer all good to go, besides mounting it..I'll see what he can do and get back to u..Umm too cold here to work outside..We got snow last night, again tomarrow soo. I brought my other head inside so I could start tearing it down, for new cams..

You need and help for evo/dsm stuff. please hit me up..I know bit about both ha ha ha..I need bigger injectors too..Like 800s or 1200s so I can run corn..I just got my new wally 255 and fuel lab afpr so..I cant wait for spring to be here..LOL

11. cabriosnap

we have 2 talon tsi's in the shop right now. well...one actual talon, the other is a doner car for my buddys toyota pickup swap. id really have to have your car at my shop to make piping, since you are going so far away from stock. honestly i would just search craigslist or even ebay and buy up 2.5 inch aluminum charge pipes and see what will fit.

good luck

12. Bud Is good

I'm flipping cheap dude..I'm trying to get on the fast 100 list with the least amount of money spent.

Which wont be that hard..The car just needs to loose some weight.