Standard everyday paper or special paper for rolling?

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by DoobieMatt, Jan 14, 2003.

1. DoobieMatt

DoobieMatt New Member

For joints, can you use regular paper like the kind you use for your printer, or should you use 'special paper.' Is there any health risks with using regular paper?
    Matt.
  2. iamaustin23

iamaustin23 New Member

everyone I know uses special joint rolling paper. it is sold at smoke shops as "rolling paper". when you lick it, it will stick to itself, ensuring that the joint does not come unrolled. I myself have never rolled a joint this way. I always use bowls. the only occasion i ever roll a joint is when all i have is a bit of weed, but no bowl. then I tear a little piece of paper in half from my wallet (some random paper, sometimes even an old dollar bill when very desperate) and roll a joint. The smoke from these is not too pleasant, but it will get you high and I don not believe there are any health risks associated with this except smoke inhalation...
  3. frep45

frep45 New Member

I'd watch out... you never know what kind of dyes or ink are in any old paper... Even printer paper seems harmless, but what do they have to do to get it that white?

I'd suggest either going out and buying rolling papers, or look at ways to make (or buy) pipes or bongs from this site (on the search!)

Remember, if the smoke isn't too pleasant, it's probably because something bad for you is in it!
  4. Mr.Mojorisin

Mr.Mojorisin Mr. M

I believe there is a name for those "special rolling papers"

Rolling papers. There is no other kind but rollies. Printer paper? Paper out of your wallet? :puker: Disgusting. Never use anything but rollies to roll a joint, well maybe a certain type of bible paper, but now they print them on crappier paper, the thin clear stuff is what Im talking about. A pack of rollies costs you a couple of bucks, 2-3, for a hundred. I think zigzags are 1.50 but Ive never bought them, as I usually use a bowl or just yoink someone elses papers.
  5. jaman

jaman Marijuana Master

ya,don't use regular paper ,it burns to quick and there's no glue to keep it together . It will also have a tendency to side burn more.

Your better off buying a pack of ZIG ZAG rolling papers :D
  6. MrIMStoned

MrIMStoned |BIG BROTHER|

Around here paps cost $1.00 for 200.

I have used special papers but havent found them all that special.
  7. beats

beats New Member

zig zags...damn they have tar in them..better off with other type of rollies
  8. jaman

jaman Marijuana Master

Tar , I don't think so , WY would they put tar in a rolling paper ? :rolleyes:
  9. beats

beats New Member

i really dont know why. could jsut be a urban myth thing..but i always feel worse after those than others so i believed it...hmm, i may be gullible... haha
  10. jaman

jaman Marijuana Master

o.k. Ride on bro !
  11. mikey_c_tx

mikey_c_tx New Member

I dont usually smoke joints, but I have found that if you keep a pack of zigs in your wallet all the time, then you will always have some on have. Very don won dellanuche to pull out some zigs anytime anyone asks

be prepared
  12. DailyTripper

DailyTripper New Member

okay umm... i use zig zags.. and i always carry a pack in my wallet. one time at a party somebody brought weed but we had no way of smoking so i thought!! my ZiG-zAgS!! i saved the night and we all toked up and got high.
  13. Ilúvatar

Ilúvatar Where is my mind?

many a time have i seen my friends go to a concert with a pack of job 1.5s and come home high.

people just come up to them and ask if they have any papers. and just for that tiny piece of paper they get in the circle.

your always a hero if you carry papers :D
  14. Circles

Circles New Member

If you were ever desperate and/or really bored you could always hollow out a cigarette and refill it with weed.. You'd probably want to cut off the filter though.
  15. moto

moto New Member

i heard if you take the tin foil part of a stick of gum (like 5 gum for instance) and use the paper on the back of it that works as a rolling paper... ive never tried it though
  16. Dinglesberry

Dinglesberry New Member

You might think this is wrong, but when im out of rolling papers, you can use the blank pages of a pocket bible to roll. At the back of the bible, there are some pages with no ink, and they are made of rice so theyre good for rolling. Thats what i do... i usually prefer a good bong or pipe over joints though.
  17. stayhigh69

stayhigh69 New Member

ive smoked with regular paper many times it wont kill you if u try it at least once its really up 2 u though,however its worked for me so...idk wat all these otha ppl r saying
  18. nickthegreat

nickthegreat New Member

Of course there's tar in rolling papers.. a whole lot of it in most as well! and no u shouldn't use normal paper.. it tastes terrible and is very unhealthy, especially if it has ink on it! just buy some rizzla rolling papers. the silver ones are the thinnest u can find (so it wont change ur joint's flavour) and have no tar.. In the uk they cost 30p for 50..
  19. BananaDV

BananaDV New Member

nice bumps, guys

you could always find a bible, rip out the blank pages, and use those.(unless you dont want to do something like that)