Stomach Pain

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Maine207420, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Maine207420

Maine207420 New Member

Hey guys,

I have had some pretty serious digestive problems for about a year and a half now. The doctor tells me its due to a severe case of acid reflux disease or gastrointestinitis. I have to take a pill every day, twice a day and that helps the severe stomach pain/acid reflux symptoms go away. I've noticed, though, when I've been away from the house for a day or two, and have only been able to smoke, that helps, too. Is this just the unconscious mind of a stoner wanting to apply for medical marijuana? Or could smoking really have a benefit? I'm just curious to know if anybody has/knows somebody that has the same problem and if it works for them. Thanks a million.

5 people like this.
  2. Ganjika

Ganjika ☼ Account Closed ☼

Smoking could definitly help though i don't know about -smoking- per se , smoke isn't good for ur stomachs lining and if u accidently swallow some, it irritates it on contact and can cause heartburn, if u feel relief fom ingesting cannabis, it does help you - most of your receptor sites (cb1/cn cannabinoid receptor sites) are in your GUT!

Try to get a state card if u can, it can be very expensive though and in my state, its like $200 -just- to see a doctor for it and its not covered by insurance (like through THCF) - I would try it, if u get turned down - but still get relief - move to a state that can get u a card or recommendation, some states have med mj laws that are too black and white to do everybody any good so far

3. Frid

Frid New Member

Hey I have the exact same problem as you exact same. I get sick every morning even being on this -offtopic- I still vomit about every other morning. Usually smoking just a little will help me relax and help my stomach. Im glad you posted this I thought no one used weed for their acid reflux besides me.

2 people like this.
  4. TastyBongWater

TastyBongWater New Member

i also have chronic acid reflux, but when i started smoking i rarely, if not ever get heartburn. the only times i would ever get it now is if i drink a lot of coffee in the morning, or just not be taking my pills while not having smokeables

2 people like this.
  5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Does your home situation cause you a lot of stress? It might be being away from home that's reducing your symptoms.

I'm curious. What does being away from home have to do with not being able to take your meds?

6. Maine207420

Maine207420 New Member

Typically, I don't bring them with me if I'm going to stay at a friend's house for the night or something along those lines. I guess I was more just using that as an example of a time where I wouldn't be regularly taking the pills. It can happen at any point in time where I get really get to the pills for a while.

7. lildevilpunk8008

lildevilpunk8008 New Member

dam i had know idea so many people did this. i have G.E.R.D i would puke every morning before school and have unbareable heartburn so the doctor prescribed me omeprezol it works great but i still feel very nauseous in the morning if i take like 2 small tokes it seems to make the feeling go away.
    ive always wondered especially now that im 18 if i could get a medical marijuana card for this.

8. Frid

Frid New Member

Im not sure if any states give medical marijuana for acid reflux. So you may need to just tell them for chronic nausea.

9. Dedbr

Dedbr Domestic War Veteran

This is a two edged sword. Smoking is bad, period. We all know that, were not morons. But it is a quick and easy way to achieve the high. Smoking is bad for your stomach because a lot of smoke goes into your stomach. Smoking herb puts herb in your stomach, so since we know it cures nausea it's obvious it's turning off certain receptors in the body.

Nausea is the way the body tells you something is wrong, whether it's stress or some bacterial infection, the body is trying to dump whatever is irritating it. By adding a drug to the equation, whether it be herb or any of the "heartburn" medications, you are stopping the body from doing a natural thing. The best I can tell you as far as advice is to find the cause of the heartburn and deal with it from a straight on point of view..............:shrug:

Some Where In Ded Land...............

10. KuSHiNATOR

KuSHiNATOR New Member

for the past week ive been having this problem to. well i have bad acid reflux or whatever. it sucks to have but mj helps out. but idk what is causeing it. its pretty much all day that i have it. idk

11. Frid

Frid New Member

Im not sure what you mean but I can try to help. Do you mean I have bad acid reflux and I dont know whats causing it? Its from your stomach over producing acid. Or do you mean you dont know whats causing you to be sick. In this case you need to change your diet and get rid of caffeine, spicy food, and high acid concentrated food. Put your pillows so you sleep at an angle at night. Also try drinking a small 3-4 oz milf before bed, or eat a cup of yogurt(some have fruit with acid). Also you may have an ulcer, have you had loss of apatite or blood in your stool lately? Your stomach may also be inflamated for some reason. Your best bet is to go to a Gastroenterologist (holy crap did I spell or type that right?). Good luck friend hang in their I know how much it stinks.

12. Shobee

Shobee New Member

I've noticed this helpful phenomena as well. For about three years I had severe acid reflux, controlled by daily proton pump blockers and ant acids. Then I switched doctors, the new one read my file and decided to test me for "Helicobacter Pylorii" turns out it's a little bacteria that coats your stomach wall, causes all kinds of upset, ulcers and even stomach cancer. And I just happened to have it. I don't know if you have it, but it might be worth getting tested for.

2 people like this.
  13. Frid

Frid New Member

My mom told me about this. Im probley going to get tested for it.