Stuttering And Marijuana

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Dudeimanoldfart, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Dudeimanoldfart

Dudeimanoldfart New Member

I've been stuttering since the 2nd grade, ( 20 now ) and it has gotten better since then but I still stutter. Ha but, I've noticed that when I smoke weed it's easier for me to speak without stuttering, like I almost have complete control over it, and I rarely stutter when I'm high. As anybody ever heard of anything like this? Ha I did a presentation for Oral Communications class last week, on legalizing, and my credible statement was "When I smoke medical marijuana, it almost cures my stuttering." Ha which was a cool way to tell everyone I smoked, even the teachers eyes lit up! Ha fun stuff!

P.S It's crazy how your mind works. It really is fucked up!! Stutterers don't stutter when they are talking to animals or small children and babies. I have NO idea how and why it works, but it does. It's insane!!

4 people like this.
  2. locket

locket Oodalolly

i don't know much about stuttering, but what i do know is that stress makes it worse. MJ relaxes you, so you're less self conscious and thus less stressed. it's pretty cool.

3. SoThrowd

SoThrowd Sr. Member

I only stutter when I am mad and talking fast, and mj doesn't cure that for me.

4. Dudeimanoldfart

Haha well I mean I stutter all the time and it's so much worse when I get mad.

5. macphearsome

macphearsome New Member

stuttering is strange! I know a girl who talks normally most of the time but then trips on a word real bad and can't get by it for a few seconds.

I can't help but wonder whats causing the brain to do that. She's not self conscious about it, so it doesn't come off as anxiety. Just strange stuff. But I'm glad to hear that tokin' helps!

6. VaporizorMariJ

VaporizorMariJ Sr. Member

It actually amazes me how Marijuana helps people with their speaking... Watch this Video of how it can help Cerebral Palsy (which causes a speech impedement). I recommend Watching the Entire Video of "In Pot We Trust". It sickens me that Marijuana isn't used vastly accross the medical world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLpJMacS8c8&feature=related]YouTube - Marijuana: For Medical Purposes Only Pt. 2[/ame]

3 people like this.
  7. TheFamous1

TheFamous1 New Member

I just thought about this and since I don't stutter it made me curious. Do you only stutter when you talk? Or do you also stutter when you think to yourself?

8. VaporizorMariJ

Its only when you talk... Some of the most intelligent people in the world have speech problems.

9. Dudeimanoldfart

Yea I only stutter when I talk. If I'm holding a conversation with somebody I could get by with not stuttering too much, but then if I'm up at the front of the classroom then there's not stopping it haha. And it's worse around close family members, like parents and siblings. And people who stutter don't stutter when they're singing. Singing uses a different part of your brain, and you also have the lyrics memorized so some how that gets by in your brain. And there's a few studies showing that a chemical called "Dopamine" is found in the part of your brain that helps communicate, and with people who stutter there's more dopamine, and less with people who don't stutter. So now they're experimenting with pills that eliminate some of the dopamine which helps with stuttering. Ha sorry for the long informational post.

And WOW at the video, that's a HUGE difference!!!! I really don't understand why it's not at least legal for medical use in the U.S!

10. VaporizorMariJ

My dad has a bad stutter... He would tell me how it was impossible for him to get up infront of the class when he was younger because it was so bad. As he got older he got alot better at controlling it, although it really came out when he drank.

11. Bhikku

Bhikku News Administrator

I don't know if what I have qualifies as a stutter. I will be talking about a table (for example) and totally forget what a table is called. I will be talking mid-sentence and stutter on the next word and it's like I am looking at a table for the first time and have no idea what it's called.

So there's an awkward silence sometimes as I try to remember what it's called, and I can't stand it when someone finishes the sentence for me! :D

12. SimpleGreen

SimpleGreen **********

I can't talk well at all... it's just weird. I always mumble and stutter and talk super fast. Not like a true stutter, but more like a "I don't really know what to say next so I'm just going to make a ton of short random noises" kind of stutter. The weird thing is that it seems to actually get worse when I'm high. Especially when I get all worked up trying to tell a funny story. Only like every 3 words comes out...it's fucking awesome. :p

I do that whenever I get anxious or nervous or something. Like this weekend when I went to the theater. I forgot the name of the movie I was buying a ticket for for a good 5 seconds, which seems like an eternity in a conversation situation...

"What can I get for ya?"
    "One adult for...umm.............*trying to find it on the little reader board behind the clerk*............uhhhh..........Role Models."

Long story short, I hate speaking.

13. hippie557

hippie557 New Member

Marijuana is such an interesting little plant. When my friend smokes it, he start stuttering really bad and can lose his train of thought in the process. He never stutters when he's sober.

first post

14. Dudeimanoldfart

Ha when I drink I REALLY don't stutter hah I'm off introducing myself to like everyone ha! Mostly the ladies.

15. budters

budters New Member

Ive stuttered since i was in second grade as well. I think it was a result of me losing my front teeth before learning how to talk, then when my adult teeth grew in i started stuttering. Pot has helped greatly but now i have to stop smoking and clean up im worried my high fluency rate is gonna drop off badly. If it does im moving to cali