Substitution Difference Male/Female?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by douggbo, Jun 28, 2006.

1. douggbo

douggbo New Member

I'm going to use the Whizzinator to pass my urine test. It's a very good job and I cannot afford to fail this DT. I will not have smoked in 25 days but I cannot risk it. Each time I get a strip test from WalMart I only get a faint line. Anyhow, my question is can the testing lab (Lab Corp) tell the difference of female or male urine? From what I read no but just want to make sure. My wife is on birth control as well. Can they tell anything from that. I also have a prescription OFF TOPIC DRUG. That will show up I'm sure. But the prescription should cover that.

Just VERY nervous!!
  2. Phlask

Phlask New Member

Don't worry, they don't test gender from urine tests. ;)
  3. Budiz

Budiz New Member

Nor is it legal to do so.
  4. lew scannon

lew scannon Banned

Thats correct. Labs are prohibited from conducting gender tests or any form of genetic testing on a sample collected for a drug test, unless an explicit written authorization is granted by the donor.

There are many posts in the Substitution sticky thread alone that discuss this issue as well.
  5. douggbo

douggbo New Member

Thanks!! I had my test and used the Whizzinator. My wife supplied the urine. She is on the pill but based on the responses I've seen they will not test for birth control. Just a fyi to folks using LabCorp... the test is not "monitored" but they do not allow you to close the door to the bathroom.

So if anyone has a pending test, I STRONGLY suggest investing in something like the Whizzinator. Expensive but well, well worth it.

This has been a great forum. I appreciate everyones insight.
  6. CQUE

CQUE New Member

I think this is the first time I've seen this posted....meaning they didn't allow you to close the door. But then, I haven't been reading this board for that long. Interesting, I wonder if it just depends on what location you go to. Has anyone else out there have this experience with LabCorp?
  7. Secs

Secs New Member

It does depend on which location you go to. think of it this way:
    LabCorp is like a Major Soda Company. The places where you go to have your drug test are like different grocery stores selling the soda. the soda company has no (or very little say) in how the soda is sold or where it is placed in the store. Same with the drug tests. The collection facilities doing urine collections for employers, send the urine to many different laboratories (i.e.: LabCorp, Quest Diagnostics, Kroll, Psychemedics, ATN, MedTox, etc.). The Collection Facility is the one who ultimately decides the policy on how to conduct the collection, (whether the door is left open or closed, whether the faucets are disabled or not, whether you are allowed to see the urine sealed in the shipping vials or not, etc). There are regulations and protocols that are supposed to be followed and are pretty uniform for Collection Facilities across the country, but some facilities don't follow the rules correctly or believe they are in the enforcement business by catching people cheating. If they just follow the regulations and protocols, then every collection would be done in the same manner according to the type of test being done (For example: DOT random, Non-DOT pre-employment, hair, saliva, etc.).
    If you are using your wife's urine, then your prescription is not an issue. If you are using your urine, then the prescription is an issue for the MRO, but the Birth Control Pills are not.
  8. douggbo

douggbo New Member

So you are saying that birth control doesn't show in drug testing? I'd hate to try to tell the MRO why me (30 yr old male) has some sort of BC in my urine.
  9. Secs

Secs New Member

Did you read what you wrote? YOUR WIFE uses birth control pills, YOU have the prescription for an off topic. I answered so you would clarify whose urine you were going to use.

If the birth control pills do not contain a banned substance, they will not check for them. The urinalysis tests FOR banned substances. It does not give a complete listing of everything in the urine.

For example: A DOT 5-panel test detects the following; OPI, COC, THC, AMP and PCP. If a donor is taking lipitor for cholesterol, it will not be detected because it does not contain any of those 5 substances.

(I realize that I am at risk for discussing an off topic drug or two, but this is the only way I can explain how the detection of banned substances -vs- non-banned substances works).
  10. Hawg

Hawg Sr. Member

No Sec, you are just explaning a testing scenario. Unless birth control pills would cause a false positive [WHICH THEY WONT] then they will not be tested for. Sometimes it is harder to explain something than it is other times, right Sec ;)

Have a good one