Taking a break

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by turtle blue, Oct 5, 2007.

?

Do you take breaks?

1. Yes I take breaks

42 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No I do not take breaks

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. turtle blue

turtle blue New Member

around my parts theres something of a custom of every so often taking a two week break from pot. The reasons i've heard about this is that it help lower your tolerance to help you get blazed faster and proves that your not hooked and you can stop when you want and i was just curious how many people have customs liek this? I don;t mean stopping because of a drug test but stopping by your own will. I started mine last nigth so it dry for two weeks for me.

2. pkster8235

pkster8235 Lazy Dancer

The only time I take a break is if I am out and I can't get anymore at the time. I just came off of a one week break, and I didn't find my tolerance changed at all. Probably wasn't long enough.

3. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

When I find that I can't get where I want to go on 1/3 of a gram, I take a three day vacation. This knocks back my tolerance and improves the quality of the experience.

It's hard for me because I'm a MMJ patient who needs to toke to get a decent night's sleep. I'm on a tight budget and can't afford more than a QP a year, hence the 1/3 gram limit. I have other meds I can use during the three day vacation, but they don't work as well and leave me feeling dopey in the morning.

4. steakii

steakii New Member

i never take breaks from choice, well sort of but not really. Like if i run out of money or need to spend my money on more important things, or if i am trying to get a decent job that drug tests (unsurprisingly publix and quick trip both do drug tests.) I am currently on the start of a 12 month break because i am probation. Granted i probably could smoke and get away with it, it just does not seem worth it to me.

5. Dank Perception

Dank Perception 4TheLULZ!

I take breaks every week, for about 3 days. Unless my friends smoke me out, which happens usually every day or two. But some times it doesn't, some times I kindly decline on their offer because I don't feel like being high at the time as well.

6. Feorge Gorman

Feorge Gorman New Member

It always bothers me...

...to see the word "hooked" used in conjunction with Marijuana.

When I think of being "hooked" on something, I tend to imagine the addicts using substances that leave them with SERIOUS withdrawals...stealing to support their habits, and shunning family and friends because of the effects. :eek:hno:

Oops...sorry to go off on a little rant there. :soapbox:

I never wanted to NOT smoke pot EVER! I found out 35 years ago that it makes me happy. That's all! :grin:

SURE...I'll get bummed being out of weed, but that always passes, and makes it a special occasion of sorts when you 'reunite' after a long dry spell. :cake:

As far as tolerance goes...unless I'm smokin' some real crap, It's never been a big issue. I just wait an extra hour, and that seems to do the trick! :rofl:

I've said in posts in the past...I simply try to maintain a 'level' of THC in my body. If I can do that, I'm fine. A nice bowl every coupla hours or so is all it takes. Sometimes if I wanna little extra happy...I smoke more! :D

As far as taking time off from smokin' weed DELIBERATELY.......it never really occurred to me! :eyebrow1:

4 people like this.
  7. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I take periodic breaks, both for financial (save a bit of extra cash, maybe for a new piece, maybe for a bit higher quality stuff later... whatever) and for personal reasons. I (once a year, normally) go completely clean. I clear my system of all intoxicants. I avoid Sugar, Marijuana, caffeine, sex (yep, sex is a chemical high)... I go for an all natural, healthy diet for about 30 days. Mostly as an exercise of willpower, to show myself that I'm in control of myself, rather than letting whats around me control me. I know it sounds lame - but it raises my self esteem knowing that I'm in complete control of my life.

(Geeze, that sounds corny. lol)

8. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

My tolerance is still not incredibly high so I can still take 6 good rips and be pretty blazed. And last month I was trying to keep in good shape for my vacation and I laid off smoking for the whole month, not really hard whatsoever.

9. Th3Preacher

Th3Preacher New Member

The only times I have taken a break is being forced. Be it parents or possible piss tests from P.O. Although I generally only smoke on the weekends during school since it is tough for me to smoke up at my house, now that it's summer I don't think I've gone a day without smoking since I found out no probation ;) I don't see it was weakness when I choose to smoke/do something I (thoroughly) enjoy since I have already proven I can stop myself if I want too.

10. Doc Mitch

Doc Mitch Sr. Member

i dont deliberately take breaks. although i frequently dont smoke for several days in a row. i probably only smoke about 20% of the days in a year.

11. rich420

rich420 New Member

only a few day breaks. just to pass a saliva drug test

12. davidlovesweed

davidlovesweed New Member

im taking one right now:)

so i smoke several times a day everyday. its easy for me to do this because both my brother and sister also smoke so there's always bud in the house. every year we go up to the mountains for a week. were going next week and were planning to smoke like crazy so this week me and my brother are taking a break to see if we can, so our tolerance might go down, and so we can save all our weed. i havent smoked in like 4 or 5 days the first two were a little difficult because my sister was smoking, but shes broke now so the only thing in the house is the resin i collected last night after boiling my bowl, and theres alot of it and its packed with thc so its tempting but we wanna save it. :bong2:

13. hazanko

hazanko New Member

the only reason i really take breaks is because my supply has disappeared until the next couple of months...i gotta time my dealers better