Taking Saliva Test in 5 days!

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by tailwind, Aug 7, 2005.

1. tailwind

tailwind New Member

I have been smoking pot for 20 years. My average is probably 1-2 joints a day. In 5 days, I will be taking a saliva test for a job. I have not smoked for 10 full days. I will let you all know how the test goes. I've been reading all of the posts on saliva tests, and it sounds like I should pass. If I dont, I will be very upset, for this is a job which pays upwards of 45,000 a year!

2. grillmeats

grillmeats No Longer Active

Saliva Tests

You'll pass, 3 days and a good cleaning is all it takes. Take some Altoids too, it can't hurt your chances.

3. grillmeats

Did You Pass?

Please post if you pass or not.

4. tailwind

tailwind New Member

Will post results soon

I took a saliva test 1 day ago. The test was performed by putting a rectangular swab with a plastic handle on it in my mouth for 3 minutes. The swab seemed to have a salty substance in it, which caused my mouth to salivate heavily. (It tasted terrible!) The test was to be picked up, and sent to a local lab. The only way I will know if I passed, or failed, is if I get a phone call into the office, and they tell me I failed! Supposedly it takes a few days for the testing company to call with the results. I am still a little worried, because as I stated in my first post, I have been smoking every day for 20 years. I did not smoke for a full 12 days before the test. All I did was brush my teeth for 10 minutes before the test. I did not bother with mints, because I was told the administrator smelled your breath before the test, and if she smelled mints, she would not let you test. I will let you all know what's happened in a few days. Wish me luck. Tailwind

5. mustang05

mustang05 New Member

don trip don trip =)

somebody i know smoked the day of the saliva test and passed it. all she did was stick the swab in between her teeth (her molars). i did the same exact thing and i passed... they dont check ur mouth to see how the swab is or anything! they just say "do u taste anything nasty?" well thats what the lady said to me, and i said yeah i lied... it wasnt touchin anything besides my teeth... the lady even left the room in the middle of the test and i took the swab out hehe =) ull pass dun even trip! u been smoke free for 10 days?

6. grillmeats

You'll Pass

2 days clean is more than enough time. Please fill out the poll after you pass.

7. tailwind

tailwind New Member

Well, I passed!!!

I was hired by my new company, pending the results of my drug test. It has been 1 week, and 1 day since I took the saliva test. I haven't gotten the dreaded "phone call to the office", so I surely passed!!! Getting this job meant the world to me, so I refrained from smoking weed for 12 full days before the test. I didn't use mints, or anything. I've been smoking weed for 20 years, and it was hard to go the 12 days, but now I have a good job, and I'm clear to smoke weed for ANOTHER 20 YEARS! (The company only tests when you apply for the job.) So if you're really serious about passing a saliva test, BE A MAN, and obstain for a good 10 days, and you will surely pass! (Unexpected tests are another thing.) Cheers to everyone out there, Tailwind.

8. grillmeats

Congratulations!

Good Luck With the new job.