Tested using armpit hair

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by formertoker1975, Nov 19, 2005.

1. formertoker1975

formertoker1975 New Member

Hi All,

I'm a former toker and I have been clean for 4.5 yrs (zero exceptions... totally clean). This may be a silly question but I haven't seen a clear answer already posted so here goes.

My hair was short so they went for the armpit... No big deal right?

From the FAQ - "Armpit hair grows at about .3mm per day." -trapt

If that's true, wouldn't I eventually have to trim it? I never have... So, from a forensics standpoint will they see that historical use?

Follow up question: I also have a background check and 4.5 years ago I failed a test (funny how that coordinates w/my change in lifestyle)... Will that show up?

Thanks all! This is a great site.

2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

Think about it. If axillary hair grows at the rate of .3 mm/day, after four and a half years it would be 0.493 meters long. Do you have 19-inch-long pit hair? :laugh: Do you braid it?

Body hair grows to a certain length and then falls out. If it didn't, we'd all look like Orangutans. You don't have any body hair from four and a half years ago.

Hair tests are done on the 1.5 inches of hair closest to the skin, representing the last three months of growth. Hair older than that does not give a valid test result because of the natural breakdown of drug metabolites.

3. formertoker1975

formertoker1975 New Member

Cool, it falls out! :D

I wondered if that were the case but I wanted to ask for my own comfort. If my armpit hair were nearly a half meter long I believe I would opt for the dreads ;)

Thanks much! Great signature