THC apples?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by stoked to toke!, May 28, 2007.

1. stoked to toke!

stoked to toke! New Member

is it possible to cross breed a marijuana plant with like, an apple tree? or some kinda fruit? if its possible, would the apple have THC grown in it, so that eating the apple will get you high? or would it make a really weird looking fruit? it came up in a conversation the other day and i was just wondering if it would even be possible. If it is, that would be pretty funny lol

2. smokeymcchronic

smokeymcchronic New Member

Thats super unlikely

3. klax

klax New Member

maybe not fruit

but possibly vegetable plants, something more resembling a marijuana plant with a central stalk, maybe like...corn..or tomatos, lol, idk, try it

4. kontroversy

kontroversy Im Stpwned

I think its impossible because different plants pollinate differently.

5. Lit_Match

Lit_Match New Member

Check out grafting at wikipedia. Whether or not this applies to marijuana and similar plants I don't know, but you can find out.

This would probably go better in the "Theories and Speculation" forum over at Garden's Cure.

6. OpiaticSchism

OpiaticSchism Jr. Member

Maybe through some genetic alteration, which would no doubt take hundreds of millions to reasearch.

7. SmasheR

SmasheR TONIGHT, we RIDE

It wouldn't be worth it because they'd probably be all gross and full of THC worms.

What's worse than biting into your THC apple and finding a THC worm?

Biting into your THC apple and finding half a THC worm... =/

8. big_goofy

big_goofy New Member

i bet a really good geneticist could do it after a while... have yall ever heard of a grapple... it is an apple that astes like a grape... i bet in a few years they could do something like a thc tomatoe like someone above me said

9. Frojoe

Frojoe New Member

If this could be done which would be awsome...you would still need to cook the new fruit or you wouldn't get high, like eating raw weed. THat would be really cool though

10. PetrolHead

PetrolHead New Member

There's got to be an egghead stoner out there somewhere ballsy enough to to try it!

We need a marijuana hero....

11. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

If it could be done, they should cross marijuana with a blueberry plant. :D

12. guerilla

guerilla New Member

first off this wouldnt work because thc is fat soluble, so eating a thc tomato wouldnt get you high unless you ate like 10 tomatoes...but tomatoes raw are pretty gross

id rather just smoke it instead of spending my years inventing a thc fruit,

sorry i just think its a waste of time and effort, its there for you naturally to smoke, just smoke it

13. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 New Member

I'm guessing a big fat no on this. I mean, how many plants do you see practicing, as said in Clerks 2 "inter-species erotica"? I mean, a mouse and a lion are both animals, but its not lie they can randomly breed to create a liouse or something. Your question reminds me of that weird Dr. on South Park thats always trying to splice different animals together....

14. Criard

Criard New Member

grafting wouldn't change the grafted plant's DNA or anything like that. grafting is actually quite common with fruit trees. I don't remember exactly which fruits but it's something like the lemon trees don't have a really great rootstock, so they'll take cuttings and graft them onto orange trees because they have bigger heartier roots for growing better faster. the lemon branches don't change in any way, they just grow onto the system.

kinda funny looking when you've got oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit all growing on one tree.

I'm pretty sure the fruit bearing plants might be a bit too far speciated to be able to interbreed back with cannibas.

synthetic genetic engineering seems like the most likely way to the goal. just make a few adjustments to the DNA and have the plant produce delta 9-thc inside the fruits. no combustion needed for liftoff.

that would be the day.....

15. Good-Time Slim

Good-Time Slim New Member

I completely like where you are going with the cross mojo... Think of it like this if you could combine apples and weed... no more illegal weed you couldn't regualte it like slavia looks to much liike sage to ever be able to get a grip on people growing it for themseleves

16. tokinGLX

tokinGLX Sr. Member

grafting a cannabis plant to a hops(and visa versa) is possible, and when done successfully, the hops will continue to act like a normal hops plant and the cannabis part will act like a regular plant. if you google around with 'graft cannabis hops' im sure youll find some in depth articles about it.

17. imported_redeyejedi

imported_redeyejedi - smokaholic -

I just looked up the "grapple", and I found that they take fully matured apples and infuse them with grape extract. That's not really the same thing.