THC- How long does it really stay in your body, regardless of what a test tells you

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Rehab Boomie, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Rehab Boomie

Rehab Boomie New Member

Hi all,

I stopped smoking 14 months ago after smoking for 8 years, 4/5 times a week. When asking the questions re. how long trace elements of THC remain in the body I was told by some doc's that it could take approx. 9 months for your system to be completely clean but effects ( however subtle ) marijuana has on your body diminish after a month or so. The trace THC stays in your body for a long while but doesn't really effect you.

The reason I am asking this question is that after 14 months I took a hit last night and I am now pretty pissed at myself given the fact that although I am very physically active and eat well, I will still have THC in my body for months to come, even after only 1 hit ....

Doesn't make sense to me but it's what I have been told ...... Surely after 1 drag I should be rid of any trace pretty quickly ..

Any responses guys will be appreciated

Rgds

2. defeatedhorizon

defeatedhorizon New Member

Somewhere in theses posts.. theres a topic with something about the half-life in it. It shows how much is left after each half-life... just can't find it... hmm.

3. CheebaMonkey

CheebaMonkey Sr. Member

Thread Moved

To the Chemical and Physiological forum.

Subtle effects in a non-heavy user for a month is BS.

A single dose of THC could take up to five weeks to completely eliminate. However, the effects don't last for five weeks. They last for a few hours.

Don't worry about it. There's far too little THC for it to have an effect on you.

Here's the thread about the half-life.

4. defeatedhorizon

defeatedhorizon New Member

There's also a THC Calculator (link below) at www.erowid.org in the marijuana section. The line on the graph signifies the level that you must be under in order to pass a drug test. Enter in the info. follow the directions and you should be able to find out how long it takes for all of the THC to be eliminated from your system.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_thc_calc.exe

5. Rehab Boomie

Rehab Boomie New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated ...