The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Vicki, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Anyone else think this one will suck as bad as the first movie? I'm just not into CG Hulks. I am partial to the old show with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno. I liked that the Hulk was a real man. I could relate to it a lot better, but that's just me. I have always been a big comic book fan, and I find it interesting when they try to make them into movies. Like X-Men, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, etc.

Also, if you want to see the old The Incredible Hulk TV show, it will be on The Sci-Fi Channel all day on Monday, June 9th. :)

Here's a clip I found on Youtube from The Death Of The Incredible Hulk. The clip pretty much explains the whole movie. :laugh: It was the last movie they did after the TV series ended. We actually own it. :) We plan to get the old TV series on DVD, and replace all the old VHS copies we have of all the movies too.

**I just realized this show came out in 1978, and I was only 11 years old! :eek:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=NdmBVyNFa6w&feature=related]YouTube - The Death Of The Incredible Hulk[/ame]

2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect The Cosmic Chronic

I always have been a fan of the Hulk. Even as a kid reading the comic books, he always appealed to me -- not only because of his super strength, but also because of Bruce Banner.

I saw the CGI one a few years ago ( and even read the book beforehand!! ). I thought it was 'meh', it wasn't a huge disappointment, but I certainly expected more. Perhaps with this *new* one we can finally get our moneys worth.
    Ive never really watched the old Hulk TV show, maybe I will have to get a few episodes to check it out. He sure looks goofy :p

2 people like this.
  3. RookieSmoker

RookieSmoker Sr. Member

This one looks much better then the other, story wise. I never read the hulk growing up, but I hated the 1st movie but I'm looking forward to this one.

2 people like this.
  4. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Lou Ferrigno looks goofy? :laugh: Yeah, well, his entire body is covered in green body paint. The show is kinda cheesy, but it was 1978. I thought it was pretty good for the time period. Like I said, I liked a real man playing the Hulk. Felt more real to me, and I think Lou Ferrigno did a good job. Despite the fact that he is deaf. :) I also liked Bill Bixby.

I just checked the schedule for The Sci-Fi Channel, and they will be showing The Incredible Hulk, everyday (Mon-Fri) from 8AM-4PM next week, June 9-13th. I know they are doing it the whole week because of the movie because they do air it every so often, but only for a day at a time.

I hope they show the episode where David, in his endless search for a cure, injects himself with something that makes him an evil killer. Thus, making the Hulk a killer too. He eventually reverses that mistake, which is fortunate. It was a really scary episode for me. Seeing the Hulk so vicious when his usual objective is to just get David out of whatever bad situation he was in at the time. Never really hurting anyone, much. Just scaring the living shit out of them. :laugh: I actually had a few nightmares after I watched that episode, but I was a kid too. :)

5. RookieSmoker

RookieSmoker Sr. Member

I never knew he was mostly deaf.

6. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Yes, that's why his speach sounds a little weird.

Here's a clip of him in an episode, playing a dual role. As a regular man, and the Hulk. It was nice to see him out of makeup, and talking.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Us99o6lx54]YouTube - Hulk (King Of Beach) Part 2[/ame]

This is a good clip of them both together. They make it look like Lou is shorter than the Hulk (also Lou). :laugh:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=pGLhZr_iRYU&feature=related"]YouTube - Hulk (King Of Beach) Part 5-Conclusion[/ame]

7. RookieSmoker

RookieSmoker Sr. Member

I never knew he was mostly deaf because of his role on King of Queens, not sure what season but he becomes the next door neighbor and his speech sounds fine, maybe a little off but really good for someone that can't hear what they're saying.

2 people like this.
  8. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Ok, I was wrong. The old show is on everyday this week, Mon-Fri, 8AM-6PM on The Sci-Fi Channel. They are starting with the pilot episode first thing tomorrow, so they should be able to get the whole series done this week, not counting the movies.

9. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

They aren't going to show the whole series, just 50 episodes. I've been watching it, when I can. I'll have more time the rest of this week. My favorite episode, "Dark Side" is on Thursday at 5PM. :)

10. Killerchron

Killerchron Get ya shine on

I think the new hulk movie is going to be VERY good. The previews look great, and the cast is a lot better than the last, Edward Norton and Tim Roth are great actors. Def will go check this one out.

2 people like this.
  11. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Well, I broke down and did it. I bought the first season of The Incredible Hulk at Amazon for only $25.00. I plan to get season two in two weeks, and so on. All the seasons are around $25.00, so it's not like I'll be spending a lot. :p

12. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

I was really confused when I heard there was a new Hulk coming out, wasn't a new one just released in like 2002?

13. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Yes, it was called "Hulk," and was released in 2003. I didn't really care for it very much, but we still own it.

Hulk (2003)

Apparently, Lou Ferrigno plays a security guard again in this movie too, as well as the voice for The Incredible Hulk.

14. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

Psh, damn movie companies. Think they can add 'The Incredible' to something and expect me to pay $10 to see it in theatres. THEY AREN'T FOOLIN' ME!

15. RookieSmoker

RookieSmoker Sr. Member

My friend told me that the other one wasn't endorsed by marvel or something and that this one is so it should be better. Honestly I don't think they can do much worse then the other one though.

16. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

We'll be waiting until it comes out on DVD, and just add it to our "Hulk" collection.

17. JohnBoySmoker

JohnBoySmoker Sr. Member

I liked the old series as well as the last movie. I've always been a fan of the Marvel creations since I was a kid. I preferred the Marvel comics over those made by DC.
    Vicki, did you ever notice that, no matter how big he got, his crotch always remained covered?

18. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

I actually like both DC and Marvel comic characters. I like Spiderman as much as I like Superman. I don't like all comic book characters, though.

Of course he was always covered, "there." It was supposed to be a family show. ;) What bothered me more was the pants. David rips his shirt and pants, as evident when he's the Hulk, but when he changes back, his pants aren't ripped anymore, but he is still missing a shirt, and shoes.

19. JohnBoySmoker

JohnBoySmoker Sr. Member

All I know is where can I get a pair of pants like he wore. His waist increases by at least 50% yet his pants are still on. Thats probably why he was so angry.....it was digging into his waistline. Here's a question for the ladies....Do you think he was "proportional"?

20. Vicki

Vicki Cat Whisperer

Who? Lou Ferrigno or Bill Bixby?